• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

20 Chili Fire! Salad King burned to the ground!

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
Yo, Tribe-dawgs!

Never again shall there be a thai meet up on that block cause its gone!! Ryerson is closed for the day!

I'm up on the 29th floor of 1 Dundas and I can see right into the remains of the bulding. the roof and second floor are gone. Just four walls.

Firemen abound, ladies!

Sue, out.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
thai lightning?

In the run-up to Christmas, I walked buy that building a few times on Younge St.. I missed my golden curried chicken. I wondered how the hell that place could still be cordoned off after a year... I figured the building was in some kind of heritage~owner~insurance limbo, and the fire seems to have solved that.

I just wish Salad King would re-open, downtown, by the summer.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
they should open up on the roof top "patio" of zanzibar so the dancers and the chili fans can all hang out together at the same time

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
you can go to flip, toss and thai
it's owned by the original chef from salad king
Flip, Toss, and Thai = FAIL!
tried it this weekend and while the green curry was similar to Salad King quality, the pad thai was some of the worst Ive ever had, and the chicken kebabs were also pretty bunk.

Illuminati

TRIBE Member
[- FuNKtiOn -];4413478 said:
Flip, Toss, and Thai = FAIL!
tried it this weekend and while the green curry was similar to Salad King quality, the pad thai was some of the worst Ive ever had, and the chicken kebabs were also pretty bunk.

Second That. Flip, Toss, Thai is some of the worst Thai food in Toronto.

saskboy

TRIBE Member
Yeah, I kinda soured on FFT, not the same after a few visits

but the King is back

340 Yonge

they're having a contest
some peeps could win using tribe
don't know if it's worth the effort though

saladking.com

MBoy

TRIBE Member
I had golden curry chicken +3 chilis for lunch, my old standby. Same as it always was. Deeeeeelish!

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I miss Salad King 1.0 where they took your order and wrote a number on a scrap of paper and called it out when your order was ready..

"Numba Faa! Numba Faaaaaaaa!" Announced with increasing urgency until the right person showed up to pick up their order.