• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

1st tracks in cds or live sets...

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
I really like the danny howells 24/7 cd2

the day began just like another ordinary day...in an ordinary way.....

I played it today as I was leaving my house in my MD... at around 6;55 AM and it totally went well with the streetcar ride.

Umm..yea so what are your favourite first tracks that you like to listen to.

DJ_Science

TRIBE Member
I love the opening track from JZ's Kiss 100 set. Anyone who samples the transformers gets points in my book. The opener has nothing to do with the follow up track, but I still love it.

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
First track off Adam Freeland Essential mix.

Head Honcho - Waters of Jericho off Sasha and Digweed's Northern Exposure: Expeditions disc 2

Last edited:

HC_P

TRIBE Member
I thought the intro/sample to CD1 of the Sander K 'Everybody' compilation was pretty cool with the two dudes heading to- and then- entering the party.

Albert.

DJ_Science

TRIBE Member
Actually the opening of Sander's GU Nubreed was pretty cool. If i'm thinking of the right one, it the one about the best bass line ever made by man.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by DJ_Science
Actually the opening of Sander's GU Nubreed was pretty cool. If i'm thinking of the right one, it the one about the best bass line ever made by man.

yeap.. that is the one.

I gave that cd a couple of listens... good one.

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
Keeping with the theme of Sander Kleinenberg ...

Love Sky - New Dawn

(opening and closing track of his Mixmag cover CD)

C-NiCE

TRIBE Promoter
Always liked BT - Fibonacci Sequence off Sasha's GU Ibiza. Really tripped me out the first time I heard it.

EffinHard

TRIBE Member
Track #1 CD1 and CD2 from Balance 005 - James Holden
Track #1 from Infusion Essential Mix
Track #1 from 24/7 Danny Howells (CD1 Though)

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
the first track off of the breeder live in moscow 2000 set that i am beyond obsessed with. it is sooooooooo sooooooo soooooooooo sooooooo good!

alas, i do not know the name and probably never will :(

also:

-the first track of rowan blades kiss fm set last april

-first track from danny howells 24/7 disc one

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by mandapanda
because i'm a girl and i don't know how!
ask deep how to do it.

he has done it many times before.. all you need is a to cut out a clip of the track and then host it...

deep

TRIBE Member
great openers, off the top of my head :

christopher lobsinger, second saturday (06-14-03), opens with global communication's 14-31 ... the ticking of the clock hypnotizes you, really sets the tone as it takes so long for something to actually start happening. great start for this chill set

naveen g, define intelligence, starts and finishes with bits of freaky chakra's "i want to fall"...subtle symmetry, gives a preview of how he closes so that when he actually does you're like "where have I heard this track before"

"kaern turned" at the beginning of holden's emix from 2002

Last edited:

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
Those sound really interesting.. especially the intro with the ticking clock. And I agree, the kaern turned track was a really good starter in the james holder essential mix. I still listen to that essential mix every so often.

Also.. a personal favourite of mine is from an old Chemical Bros. dj compilation called "live at the social"
It starts off with samples of vocals that go: "ladies and gentleman... mind bending chemicals..."
And then it breaks into some pretty funky breaks. The cd is actually pretty good as well.

SKIB

TRIBE Member
not from any set in particular but halogen vs. bluephaze - on a bridge is a beautiful opener

slingshot

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by AdRiaN
Keeping with the theme of Sander Kleinenberg ...

Love Sky - New Dawn

(opening and closing track of his Mixmag cover CD)
^^^ Wicked call.

This is also the opening track on Deepr Shades of Hooj Vol. 2 Disc 1......which segues so beautifully into Viper - The Twister (Terry Francis Dub). Gold.

ss

p.s. So many to choose from however I've always liked the opener to Paul Oakenfold's GU NY disc 2. But hey it's a Sunday.

Last edited: