• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

173 dead/600 Injured in Madrid "Terrorist" bombing

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

~atp~

TRIBE Member
Hey!!!!

Does this give Italy a right to attack say, I onno, Iran??? I bet it does! It doesn't even need a coalition of the willing, cuz the glorious democratic nation of United States set that standard for us in 2002. :)

Vote Quimby

TRIBE Member
Apparently ETA always calls in their bombings.

Of course they could change their MO, throwing off suspicion, regardless of what Batasuna says.

~atp~

TRIBE Member
Here's an excerpt from the NYT:

There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the blasts, but Spanish officials said they suspected militant Basque separatists from the group E.T.A., whose initials stand for Basque Homeland and Freedom in Euskara, the Basque language. E.T.A. was placed on the United States's list of terrorist organizations in 2001 because it was determined by the State Department to have committed, or to pose a significant risk of committing, acts of terrorism.

In December, the Spanish National Police and paramilitary agents found a bomb they say was planted by two suspected E.T.A. militants who were arrested and accused of plotting to detonate 100 pounds of explosives in two bombs at a busy Madrid train station.

The reputed E.T.A. members reportedly told the police that they had placed two other bombs beneath railway lines in the northern Aragón region, one of which blew up a day early without causing harm. Officers found the second bomb in Aragón beneath a railroad line.

Debate over E.T.A. had played a role in campaigning for the election on Sunday; after the attack campaigning was suspended.

diablo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Vote Quimby
Apparently ETA always calls in their bombings.

Of course they could change their MO, throwing off suspicion, regardless of what Batasuna says.

The bombing probably went "better" than they expected it to, and they're denying it now because of the inevitable rage and backlash. There is probably going to be a concerted (possibly US-aided) effort to wipe them (the ETA) out now, and they're trying to prevent that by passing the blame (probably to Al Qaeda).

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by diablo
The bombing probably went "better" than they expected it to, and they're denying it now because of the inevitable rage and backlash. There is probably going to be a concerted (possibly US-aided) effort to wipe them (the ETA) out now, and they're trying to prevent that by passing the blame (probably to Al Qaeda).

Don't need the US for this one, France and Spain have enough interests of there own. But it does give them the excuse to turn the region inot a police state and to arrest and prosecute on some pretty shady terms.

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
i don't think this should have been moved.. it's more of a current event than a policital posting..

but, whatever

diablo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by BigBadBaldy
Nice speculating there, Cap'n Speckyoulayshun. Too bad it doesn't mean shit.

sol.jpg

judge wopner

TRIBE Member
interesting:

ETA usually only sets of small bombs and typically takes credit for it.

w/ this bombing they havent taken any credit yet. and even the more moderate
basque's seem to be aghast at what happened.

spain is the 2nd biggest eruo nation in the mid-east coalition.... and there are lots of muslims in spain, could it be old fashioned muslim extremists....

~atp~

TRIBE Member
nuke em all. Get those fuckin pork-chops and spaniards while were at it too.

Fucking Mediterraneans.

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
Jeff Mills would be wikkd as a god.... totally unrelenting body jacking beats!

But related to the bombing. My money is that it's a civil war that's starting in Spain. Nothing to do with the Al Quida.

and to make this thread political:

What surprises me, is that there hasn't been a civil war / terrorist type activities in the states. There are enough ppl on all sides of the left wing / right wing activist scene who could do that in the US.

thank god they haven't..... but the whole Bush thing,... Patriot Act thing..... I'm surprised the US is only full of Snipers and not more organized insane acts of local terror.