• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

10 years ago (just over)...

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
beat it hippie, there isnt no sharing around here anymore got it!
alexd demands you dont share sets on a music based msg board

alll fear the douchehat in charge!

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
One of my fav nights, also, Nick Warrens set there was also a highlight for me, so good.

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
nick's was a totally crazy night --- i think it's when i first met you in line...Great times...
Indeed, that night was epic, miss ya John, its been way too long. I hear you're all "grown's up now". Me too over here, although now little one, although its on the agenda.

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
would be nice to hear Shiloh - Cafe Del Mariachi (Nick Warren Remix) one more time live before I get too old :(

djcheezwhiz

TRIBE Member
Grown up yes, but still have fun when we manage to get out...just had our second (a son) a few weeks back so we laid pretty low for the last 9 months. I anticipate being out for the big events and some other treats next year.

Although my daughter (who is now 3) loves all sorts of music and we have dance parties all the time (I make sure to throw in some classics)...

Cheers Chris and nice reminiscing...!!

SJN

TRIBE Member
I was just listening to some old stuff on my ipod today, and it dawned on me that some epic nights I remember are now 10 years ago. Where did the time go?

Walking along Peter st is never really the same when you pass by where System used to be.

There were so many great nights there - even though I didn't frequent the Bang nights on Saturday, every time I did go, I never regretted it (Satoshi Tomiie whaaaaaat?), but Breathe Fridays were the kings of the weekend for me.

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
Walking along Peter st is never really the same when you pass by where System used to be.

There were so many great nights there - even though I didn't frequent the Bang nights on Saturday, every time I did go, I never regretted it (Satoshi Tomiie whaaaaaat?), but Breathe Fridays were the kings of the weekend for me.
This. I loved holding fort by the bar with you guys.

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
Time to bump this up to the year 2013.

Was listening to some old classics the other day and it took me back to the good times at System.

A lot has changed over the years but I still wish I could turn back the clock for one more night.

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
Time to bump this up to the year 2013.

Was listening to some old classics the other day and it took me back to the good times at System.

A lot has changed over the years but I still wish I could turn back the clock for one more night.
It was a good era for Toronto electronic music club culture in general. Rave was basically moving into the clubs, so there were plenty of different scenes with vibrant sub-cultures within them. You could pretty much go out on any given night and find a night of electronic music that met with your tastes. It was also before the 'Me' generation took hold. Bottle service was but a blink in the eye of most nightclub owners thoughts. People weren't running around snapping pics of themselves making duck faces every thirty seconds and pretending they were all VIP. It was a very pure time. People spent more time dancing than they did posing or on their devices - even I'm guilty of the latter when I go out.

These days? Not so much.