• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

$10 vs $50 haircut...

ian

TRIBE Member
Used to get my lid done by Trancis which was obviously pricey until I hit my 30s, which means (in my family) that you had better stop doing anything fancy and cut it really short or else look like a dude with a bad comb over ;)

Now, it's free at home: #2 on the sides, #4 on the top ;) I have more money to spend on beer.

torontobarfly

TRIBE Member
i fell to my knees and thanked the baby jesus when shaving your head became an acceptable look......i was really getting tired of wearing hats all the time:p

jebac

TRIBE Member
like anything else, you get what you pay for.

as far as haircuts go, the best fucking place ever is Jean Charles Saloon. its got this french feel to it (i think the owner is from montreal) and they do an amazing job... ive been lots of places but this is the one

-jebac

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kuba
Basically, I know I'm paying $50 for the "ambiance" and for some hipper and cooler hair cutter, but when I told her the style I was looking for, she knew exactly what I was talking about. Which was hard to come bye with Carmen.
kuba, even a wealthmeister sheister like yourself can honestly say that fifty bucks IS a lot for a haircut. If you don't youre lying to yourself or you're too busy counting your 50s that you lost sight of reality. I have seen them on people and they make people look good, BUT - if the hair is ass then the hair is ass and ain't no pair of scissors gonna make it look good when the hair is on the floor. ;)

Cheers ... Ian :)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

-Shan

TRIBE Member
I think it all has to do with what you prefer. I am a hairstylist and I charge 30-35 for women and 25-30 for guys. Gotta pay the bills guys!!!!!

tablist

TRIBE Member
anyone know how to make hair totally white? I have black hair, but i wanna make parts of it white. grey even would be cool.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Stormshadow
What guy in god's name would pay $50 for a hair cut??
I get a hair cut a month...that'd be like $600 a year!
It's kind of fucked that the price of cutting hair is halfway to the price of my car insurance.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by R4V4G3D_SKU11S
My next haircut is coming from Adam @ Coupe Bizzare - its going to be a test entry into the world of expensive haircuts...
I don't get it. You have no hair.

I bet even if you went to Home Depot and got the exterior painting expert to look at your hair, you'd get the same results.
Please tell me you don't go to Coupe to get your head shaved. If so, I'm going to make fun of you.

You can make fun of me for going to Home Depot for hair advice.

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
If I want to get a style done, i go to a salon, but if i just want a trim i go to First Choice.

When i cut all my hair off and spiked it that was done at First Choice.. everyone liked it. I was so nervous just bc first choice is percieved to be a 'bad haircutting place' just bc they charge 10 bucks instead of 50-100 as other salons do.

Mz. SPy

TRIBE Member
you guys should check out the Aveda Academy on Bloor.

These "students" aren't new hairstylists, they are their to brush up on their Aveda knowledge. You get an Aveda salon cut (where like three people consult on it before you actually see the scissors), you get the head massage, any drink you want, the good shampoo, a good cut, a good style with the good products and it's 30 bucks.

My hair doesn't take to much to do but a lot of peeps at work go there and get great cuts. I'm taking my boyfriend there, who now has his hair quite long but with no style and I'll let you know what they do with it.

Jennika

TRIBE Member
I second Michelle at the Lid Lounge, she did an awsome job on my last hair cut and she did fantastic natural looking highlights for my boyfriend's sister

tobywan

TRIBE Member
I just got my haircut on Sunday, and it cost me a grand total of............................$0

I did it myself...and since then, I've never recieved more compliments on my hair.

Liquidity

TRIBE Member
best value for me = chinese salons... if you can find the right one... ('bout $12, but i tip $5 and i never wait more than 10 minutes)

i find non-asians don't cut asian hair as well.

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
I used to get my hair cut at Jie on Avenue by Leor and it cost me about $50-60. Never had I received better cuts that fit me. There is a fine line between something that is great and something that is average. This goes from food, art, music, sound, wine, etc. Ya if I had the money I would go back there again in a second and totally recomend him. I am poor now and currently looking of a job and a place to live so I shaved my head because that cost me fuck all. No it does not look as good either.

Muad'ib

Well-Known TRIBEr
so if i lopped of my dreads one day, should I get it styled or would it be fine sans dreads at about 1/2in to an 1in length?

keld

TRIBE Member
just shave your head with a #1 man. you'll have loads of gunk on your scalp. its so fucking liberating.

i was doing the cheap stylist cuts but was convinced to go to toni & guy. it cost £33 but it's pretty fucken cool. if you gots the dosh, do it.

tablist

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by tablist
anyone know how to make hair totally white? I have black hair, but i wanna make parts of it white. grey even would be cool.
I guess nobody knows how to do this? I don't wanna get it done professionaly.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kmac

TRIBE Member
Hmmm, Max you can pick up a box of Super Blondisma and do it at home but that shit fries your hair, especially since you may have to do it several times to get it white. There's a chance it may turn a brassy yellowish colour so might need a toner.

Good luck.

fuzzy

TRIBE Member
Fuck that!

$30 for elecrtic shavers x 77apx hair cuts with them
one every week for about a year and a half till I wear the things out

= $0.04 a hair cut!

Holey Shit Man

Moez

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo
I don't get it. You have no hair.

I bet even if you went to Home Depot and got the exterior painting expert to look at your hair, you'd get the same results.
Please tell me you don't go to Coupe to get your head shaved. If so, I'm going to make fun of you.

You can make fun of me for going to Home Depot for hair advice.
that post was in 2002. He may have had hair back then.