• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

1 1/2 cheese house track ID's

TRO

TRIBE Member
ok so haven't been DJ'ing or listening to dance music much...

but 2 tunes probably released last year have cought me ear

first one is a darker deeper cut with a girls voice singing something about

"sun is shining..." or Shine on...." perhaps "shine" (no it's not the axwell tune)

very seductivily...very sexy lounge tune

the other one is probably an africanisim or bob sinclair/DFP tune...

that style house beat with the repeating bassline and the calypso induced 4/4 with a saprano Pan (steel drum pan) going up and down the scale...
totally peak hour tune...

thanks ahead of time to tim patirck and/or rude1 for the ID's ;)

TRO

TRIBE Member
no...it's a female vocal..and I'm sure it's not that..me thinks it was released sometime last year around the same time as like jj flores dancin etc...

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
that's not much to go on, but the 2nd track *might* be "Alda", the b-side on John Beltran's "Nostalgic EP", which came out late 2005.

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
The first one is a little harder, I can think of a few tracks that have a "sun is shining" sample in it, the first one that comes to mind other than the Deluxe one is DT8 Project's "The Sun is Shining"

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
Just read the part about it being a female vocal, so never mind, that won't be it (the DT8 one's a dude, and it blows hard anyways).

TRO

TRIBE Member
maybe the vocal is not saying sun is shining...but the word shine is deff in it...:p

and I don't think it's John Beltran...this tune sounds like more bob sinclair/defected/MOS/hed kandi/ibiza style then anyting else

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
TRO said:
ma

and I don't think it's John Beltran...this tune sounds like more bob sinclair/defected/MOS/hed kandi/ibiza style then anyting else
try and track down an audio sample somewhere, it does kinda have that vibe to it, oddly enough.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

TRO

TRIBE Member
yes it is the yves larock tune - zookey (lift your leg up)

mark man...wow...I'm surprised...but the john beltran tune was a good suggestion...but the I just new it was a bob sinclair tune...it smelled like it from start to finnish...

I found the sample of it on beat port...the bob mix is the mix but is there an instrumental cut on the record cus the sample they have on the site has a vocal on it

TRO

TRIBE Member
the first track is still looking for an ID

the second one is yves larock - zookey (lift your leg up)

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
pushim - like a sunshine ??

d

p.s. this was a huge track in 'deep' circles about a year ago or so?

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
dvs said:
pushim - like a sunshine ??

d

p.s. this was a huge track in 'deep' circles about a year ago or so?
the particular track that was getting alot of play was pushim - "like a sunshine (eol rmx [louie vega]) which i believe was first released on sony japan and then came out on a dance ritual comp. i'll see if i can find a good audio clip to put up here.

d

p.s. the lyrics are mostly in japanese with the chorus in english.

TRO

TRIBE Member
it's more mainstream then anything - - I believe..the guy who playes this everyweekend only plays mainstream house hits... (AVH, Tom Novy - your body, love genneration, the world is mine...you get the idea)