• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

°°° kenny glasgow / tiga °°°

liquidgenesis

TRIBE Member
Last night was pure bullshit on behalf of Life. We waited in a small line that wasn't moving cuz enough people were paying off the bouncers to bypass the line. After an hour, we finally got to the top of the line only to be let out saying dress code was in effect. No where on the flyer does it say dress code. Not only that, but they were letting everyone else who was dressed down in, as long as they had the "line bypass".

All I can say is Life, you guys are full of shit and can kiss my brown ass.

Went to Turbo, saw five people in the place, left, and went to system.

Shariq Z

TRIBE Member
Life is pure bullshit......dumd ass security...had only 15 peeps ahead of me...check this took 35-40mins to get in???? PLus security was picking out people like it was Studio 54 or somethin...all the Gino's had to get in..payin the security...anyways after gettin in...kept on bumpin into people that were trippin out to another galaxy.....tiga got on....played good music in the beginning...then i don't what happened to him...pure weird shit...too electro...could not take it anymore...left at bout 3.....the place is horrible tho..NO LIFe again

fleaflo

TRIBE Member
Nice reviews. Other than the oppressive heat I don't mind Life that much. And it was'nt even that hot on Sat nite cause it was'nt rammed full of people.

NEways, props to Myka for setting things up. I caught his last hour and a half and was loving his set. Tiga came on and dropped some crazy ass electro tracks. He had the crowd movin'. It seemed to me that everyone liked what he was playing. He slowly made his way into some sweet tekno and then Kenny joined in for some 2X4 madness. Damn, did it ever sound good. So full, ya that's how I'd describe it, the sound was very full. Incredible to listen to.

Sux to be me tho cause I jetted before Kenny took full control.

Not a bad nite tho.

Good luck on your tour Kenny.

flea

Nesta

TRIBE Member
First off, props go out to Myka for getting things started proper. Tiga began to drop some bad ass beats at about 2am. His mixing wasn't as good as his set back in April, but his tracks more then made up for it. Electro tech heaven! Life is not half as bad as peeps make it out to be. The crowd was a very good mix, and EVERYBODY on the dancefloor was busting out. The bathrooms were very clean, and the bouncers were friendly. Good to see Flea, Suke, Naomi, Gizmo, and Ivan.

Rohid, happy birthday!(did I spell his name right?)

track of the night:
Kissogram vs. Woody - If I Had Known This Before

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Che

TRIBE Member
One question: Where the hell are all those hotties in the day time? You know who I'm talking about guys

P.S First time seeing Myka. Totally impressed. Look forward to seeing him again. Tiga was really good. A few weird changes in direction of the set but nonetheless a bangin night out.

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
I wasn't down with the electro, so i couldn't get into tiga's set. I liked the sounds of Ludikris in the back room though. He's definitely found his niche in house - thank god the breaks phase was just a phase.

Overall Life was....okay. IT wasn't as bad as most people made it out to be, but it also didn't leave that much of a lasting impression on me.

Suke

TRIBE Member
I agree with LibraD, I wasn't down with the electro as well. I was expecting a more hard/tribal tech sound. However, in the back of my mind I had a feeling it would be all electro and that is what I heard. I didn't get to see any of the show as there was a pillar which decided to plant itself right in front of me. I was too tired/lazy to move. So I saw none of the 2x4. NOTHING. I thought it was ... o.k. I guess. Too much electro goin' on these days. WTF? I don't think I stuck around for KG either. I wanted the R.....A.......W......ness.

Life is Safe!. I don't see what the big deal is about that place. True, it is hot in there but I think they fixed it up since the last time I was there.

Good to see you too Nesta. Always hookin' up.

"When I get a blunt
I light it
Take two pulls and get excited"

"Pass The Blunt" - ??? - ???

Suke.

discodancer_j

TRIBE Member
i became afraid of Life quite soon after it got really dirty...

are people still snorting coke off the bar?

geh!

janICE:>
ps-i'm in love with Rob Selecta, so when he goes, i go

This may sound ignorant, but why do so many people seem to have issues with Life? I've only been there 3 or 4 times, but everytime I've gone I have had a blast. Sure there are people fucked up all over the place, but what after hours club doesn't have that kind of shit going on? It's part of the scence anyhow, it's nothing new. I think Kenny Glasgow is pretty fucking good. I would have liked to have been there myself, if I hadn't gone last week.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Suke

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by The Magical White Isle:
This may sound ignorant, but why do so many people seem to have issues with Life? I've only been there 3 or 4 times, but everytime I've gone I have had a blast. Sure there are people fucked up all over the place, but what after hours club doesn't have that kind of shit going on? It's part of the scence anyhow, it's nothing new. I think Kenny Glasgow is pretty fucking good. I would have liked to have been there myself, if I hadn't gone last week.</font>
WORD!.

People are too damn observant these days. Its like everyone turned into a Narc concentrating on the happenings of the club instead of the muZack.

Saira

TRIBE Member
Hello people...of course it is hot on a packed dance floor..duh! I got in the place at 12:00 and it was freezin, the AC was way up. By the way Life has had dress code in effect since the summer. Ya there was spaced
out people there but what do you expect? I find it to be very entertaining, LOL!! People should just relax and stop worrying about what others are doing and just have a good time! Enjoy the music and the people you are with. If ya dont like a club where
people are having a good time then dont come to Life.

f8

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Saira:
Hello people...of course it is hot on a packed dance floor..duh! I got in the place at 12:00 and it was freezin, the AC was way up. By the way Life has had dress code in effect since the summer. Ya there was spaced
out people there but what do you expect? I find it to be very entertaining, LOL!! People should just relax and stop worrying about what others are doing and just have a good time! Enjoy the music and the people you are with. If ya dont like a club where
people are having a good time then dont come to Life.
</font>
I AGREEEEEE

Nesta

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Suke:
WORD!.

People are too damn observant these days. Its like everyone turned into a Narc concentrating on the happenings of the club instead of the muZack.
</font>
WORDS! Big up the one like the Suke inside!