Quantcast
Christian Rock and Pop. - Page 4 - TRIBE MAGAZINE
TRIBE MAGAZINE
Home Event Listings Advertise TRIBE logos Subscribe to TRIBE feed About

Go Back   TRIBE MAGAZINE > TRIBE BOARD > TRIBE Main Forum

Christian Rock and Pop.

Old 03-08-2002, 10:19 AM   #76

Christian Pop

I agree competely with you labrat.....Christian pop rock is filling the minds of youths today with good morals, living a happy life, believing in something, including yourself, seriously WHAT is wrong with that. Were as if youths are listen to "your mummas a ho, buckshot", and " i want to get freaky with you!!!", and " MY tits are to big, and i am only 17..."" REALLY....... shite like that there minds are filled with rubbish. You say that Christian rock is brainwashing the youths today, well it is not just Christian rock, it is all music, look at Marlyn Manson, he is singing about "death, and descruction"...and kids listen to this are self-mutalating themselves and thinking evil thoughts.......i would not want my children listening to that....

kp
kprior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 10:28 AM   #77

Re: Christian Pop

Quote:
Originally posted by kprior
I agree competely with you labrat.....Christian pop rock is filling the minds of youths today with good morals, living a happy life, believing in something, including yourself, seriously WHAT is wrong with that.
kp
the only thing wrong with what i said is that if my child *was* listening to christian music i may feel inclined to make fun of him/her. i'm a bas-turd that way.

--craig
labRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 10:42 AM   #78

Re: Re: Christian Pop

Quote:
Originally posted by *labRat*

the only thing wrong with what i said is that if my child *was* listening to christian music i may feel inclined to make fun of him/her. i'm a bas-turd that way.

--craig
if i had a child who i caught listening to christian music i would be sure to tell them how much i approved of it, thought it was the coolest thing ever and encourage them to buy more music of that type.

that way they are sure to stop listening to it.
Rosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 11:49 AM   #79
TRIBE Member

Quote:
I like religious music ...."Jesus Built My Hotrod" by Ministry is a fuckin great spiritual track .
Werd!

"..There waws only one thing i could do: Ding-a-ding-dang my dang-a-long ling-long!"

@m.
Adam Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 11:58 AM   #80
TRIBE Member

Quote:
Originally posted by djcheezwhiz

i don't want to bash...it seems a lot of people today are searching for something to believe in, be it through organized religion or through other forms of independent spirituality (for me it's calvin & hobbes ) ... anyways my point was directed at the religious right in the states, & the neo conservatism which is sweeping our southern neighbour in the face of todays realities...the power of this group in the united states (& you pointed out percentages yourself) based on their relative size is definitely out of proportion & pretty scary...

but, be careful of putting too much faith into the institution of church (including catholic) if what you truly seek is a relationship with whatever God you worship...

jc
not really when you think of the power and influence of say homosexuals, who make up less than 2% of the world's population and yet have more influences and political recognition than Blacks, Orientals, East-Asians...

But in terms of religion, our argument is purely rhetorical, Im not going to convice you of my point and vice versa.

Agree to disagree.
Colm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 12:09 PM   #81
TRIBE Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Colm

Agree to disagree.
**shakes hand** (& i do have some exposure to this from my youth, so i'm not talking from a purely never been there, done that type of thing)...

jc
djcheezwhiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 01:09 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally posted by Colm

not really when you think of the power and influence of say homosexuals, who make up less than 2% of the world's population and yet have more influences and political recognition than Blacks, Orientals, East-Asians...

But in terms of religion, our argument is purely rhetorical, Im not going to convice you of my point and vice versa.

Agree to disagree.
agree with you? you can kiss my fucking ass!

since you brought it up, the plight of homosexuals is a prime example of how and why organized religion is bad. organized religion is what keeps gay people from having the legal privilege to marry or adopt children. last time i checked that legal right was not denied to "Blacks, Orientals, East-Asians".

since when did gay people have "power and influence"? get your head out of the sand. gays are still rounded up and arrested just for frequenting gay bars and bath houses.

and i don't know where you got the 2% number but i'd like to see a source on that.
Rosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 04:50 PM   #83

Wow i am amazed at the amount of hypocrisy in this thread. Its ok for the christian haters to preach to the world god is dead, believe in what i do, and to brain wash others from making their own decisions. Yet it is wrong for christians to make music about their religion???

Also, if they are holding free concerts dont they have the right to do what ever they want to? After all if someone doesnt want to be there they can just leave.

Why is it socially acceptable to hate christians in todays society? All you ppl that made is obvious you hate them, are no better than the so called brain washing christians, but at least they will admit to something instead of cowardly hiding by idiotic logic.

By casting down on christians for there beliefs shows how uneducated you are. I am a christian, if a friend wants to be a muslim, like many of my friends, thats terrific. If they want to be aethiest all the power to them, why cant we just accept ppl for what they believe in, even if its as something as crazy as God.
K_la is offline   Reply With Quote