government loan interest scam! - TRIBE MAGAZINE
TRIBE MAGAZINE
Home Event Listings Advertise TRIBE logos Subscribe to TRIBE feed About

Go Back   TRIBE MAGAZINE > TRIBE BOARD > TRIBE Main Forum

government loan interest scam!

Old 03-05-2002, 06:05 PM   #1
TRIBE Member

government loan interest scam!

Hello all. I was wondering for the past few weeks where my interest statement for payment on my canadian student loans was. Everyone I knew was getting them. It wasn't lost in the mail thats for sure. STUDENTS HAVE TO CALL THE GOVERNMENT LOAN OFFICE AND REQUEST THAT THEIR INTREST STATEMENT BE MAILED TO THEM. This is bullshit!! If you payed over $2000 dollars in interest for the last year, they will NOT send you your statement for your tax preparation. YOU must phone and request it!! Like holy fuck, It's bad enough that the government screwed everyone over with their payback systems, their not holding up their end of the bargain to send out OUR interest statements that WE PAYED with OUR MONEY. Those bastards!! This government document is very important for those of you who are paying back your loans right now. If you haven't received it yet call your bank for the number. It will mean possibly a money return of $600-$800 bucks (as opposed to $60 without that statement!!) good luck and fuck the governement!
Buddy Holly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 06:08 PM   #2

Re: government loan interest scam!

Quote:
Originally posted by Buddy Holly
It will mean possibly a money return of $600-$800 bucks (as opposed to $60 without that statement!!
Not quite. You don't get the money back, you just don't pay taxes on that amount.... so, if you paid $800 in interest, you'll pay about $80 less in tax at a nominal tax rate of 10%.
PosTMOd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 06:16 PM   #3

Re: government loan interest scam!

Quote:
Originally posted by Buddy Holly
Those bastards!! ... good luck and fuck the governement!
YA!!!! those basturds! man, it would've REALLY suct arse if they didn't give you the damn loan in the first place. boo-urns to those fukkers.

--craig
labRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 06:20 PM   #4

hmmm. i got mine, and it said i paid $3828.48. that was the most depressing peice of mail i've ever gotten.
kul-kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 06:28 PM   #5

^^^
just wait until you get your first years end mortgage statement. man, was that ever depressing. reason #1 why most of my return is going straight into that.

--craig
labRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 06:37 PM   #6
TRIBE Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kul-kat
hmmm. i got mine, and it said i paid $3828.48. that was the most depressing peice of mail i've ever gotten.
Yeah I received something like that LAST year. But the old lady said to me today that they are not shipping ones out that are over $2000. It could have been the first at the top of "List of excuses to give to clientelle so we can continue to fuck them up the ass!" list!!!!!
Old 03-05-2002, 06:41 PM   #7
TRIBE Member

Re: Re: government loan interest scam!

Quote:
Originally posted by PosTMOd

Not quite. You don't get the money back, you just don't pay taxes on that amount.... so, if you paid $800 in interest, you'll pay about $80 less in tax at a nominal tax rate of 10%.
"Cool!..........Yeah I know you don't get that money back it just gets factored into your liabilities, which then get taken away from you assets. " YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA!
Old 03-06-2002, 12:31 AM   #8

hold up...

is this the little teeny carbon-paper form that i got in the mail?

huh??

<---confused.
smile is offline   Reply With Quote