Quantcast
parents with NOISY children! - TRIBE MAGAZINE
TRIBE MAGAZINE
Home Event Listings Advertise TRIBE logos Subscribe to TRIBE feed About

Go Back   TRIBE MAGAZINE > TRIBE BOARD > TRIBE Main Forum

parents with NOISY children!

Old 03-04-2002, 01:09 PM   #1

parents with NOISY children!

i don't understand why some parents insist on bringing their kids EVERYWHERE.

i was in the doctor's waiting room for 30 minutes today listening to two 6 year olds scream their heads off RIGHT....NEXT...TO ME, and all ma dukes does is go "shhhh" every 5 minutes.
like come ON! if you can't control or handle your kids, then don't have them! simple, right?

and another thing (since i'm on a rant, here)....

why do some parents talk to their kids like they're talking to the family dog? exapmple (the kid was like 10 years old too, even worse):

[high pitched, oo-sa-boo-boo tone]
"come on! we're going to see the doctor now! yes we are! come on!"
[/high pitched, oo-sa-boo-boo tone]

when i have kids i'll talk to them like the mature individuals i hope they'll grow up to be, not the family pet, thank you very much.

***exhale***

okay, i'm done now.
smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 01:11 PM   #2
TRIBE Member

Re: parents with NOISY children!

Quote:
Originally posted by smile

i was in the doctor's waiting room for 30 minutes today listening to two 6 year olds scream their heads off RIGHT....NEXT...TO ME, and all ma dukes does is go "shhhh" every 5 minutes.
like come ON! if you can't control or handle your kids, then don't have them! simple, right?
unfortunately....many people are having kids when they clearly shouldn't be...can't really do anything about that.

Quote:
why do some parents talk to their kids like they're talking to the family dog? exapmple (the kid was like 10 years old too, even worse):

I hate that too.....I can't even stand it when people talk to their dogs like that
Mr_Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 01:14 PM   #3

did you ever think ... maybe the kids were there to see the doctor?
French Disco Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 01:15 PM   #4
TRIBE Member

I totally agree..

Adults don't give kids enough credit..

When I was 7 I was fixing the family radio.
if my parents would have talked to me like that I woulda laughed at them.

Chances are, if you talk to them like they are an inferior stuffed toy, then they will conduct themselves that way.
OTIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 01:17 PM   #5
TRIBE Member

Quote:
why do some parents talk to their kids like they're talking to the family dog?

it's quite simple.. these are probably the parents that also choose to let television raise their kids. (ie, the Attention Deficit Generation of children)
when you treat your children like that, you might as well give them the same treatment as the family dog.
stir-fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 02:01 PM   #6
TRIBE Member

I hate parents that don't control their kids.
I have a couple of friends with kids who are little shits. They had them really young and I think that's part of the problem.

I get totally irritated and hate being around them .
They are whiny and disobedient... sometimes I can't control myself and I have to say something.

Maybe I'll end up being that evil Mom someday - but I swear I'll have contol of my kids!
Cheeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 02:05 PM   #7
TRIBE Member

Go hoome Boey 'for you feel th' back ah' ma hand!
Hi i'm God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 02:15 PM   #8
TRIBE Member

those damn kids....

dont get me wrong, kids are great.. we were all once those loud little bitchasses. I just have a problem sometimes with how some kids are brought up... anyone ever heard of 'timeouts'? I think that it probably the worst way to discipline a child - it just gives him/her 5 minutes to think that mum/dad is a bastard. What does that solve?
As for the loud punks... who knows, maybe broading school is the place for kids nowadays
Colm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 02:23 PM   #9
TRIBE Member

okay well did you ever think that they might be a single parent and cant afford or find a babysitter? being a single parent is very hard work, and sometimes you have to take yuor kinds with you when you go out. and my god! really, you had to listen to some kids playing for 30 whole minutes!!!! next time try to enjoy their laughter

or as kelle said, there is a good chance that they were there to see the doctor themselves.

joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 02:58 PM   #10
TRIBE Member

Quote:

and another thing (since i'm on a rant, here)....

when i have kids i'll talk to them like the mature individuals i hope they'll grow up to be, not the family pet, thank you very much.

***exhale***

okay, i'm done now.

I get down on the floor with them and be twice as loud when playing!

Shawn<---kids find me annoying!
swenard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 03:10 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally posted by Cheeka
I swear I'll have contol of my kids!
ya - cause we all know life is about controlling the behaviours, actions, thoughts and emotions of other people.

heres a suggestion for you cheeka. next time you feel the urge to "do something" about the behaviour of someone elses' children for which you think is inappropriate, why not offer some suggestive criticism rather than allowing yourself to get worked up. or better yet, why not offer a helping hand. assuming of course, you know how difficult it is to single handly raise children as a young parent.
Old 03-04-2002, 03:18 PM   #12
TRIBE Member

i think a lot of the problem is that most children are spoiled. dont cause a scene-here, have a cookie. come shopping and be good, i'll buy you a treat, i have to work long hours, so you sit and watch TV, pull the dogs tail, and rip up the carpet..its ok, really.
when i was a kid it was a treat to go to McDonald's, my cousins however (we are kids still) eat there on a weekly basis. and if we misbehavied or caused a scene, it was a whack in the back of the head. but of course. no spanking these days...it's child abuse.
SUNKIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 03:20 PM   #13
TRIBE Member

Quote:
Originally posted by French Disco Girl

ya - cause we all know life is about controlling the behaviours, actions, thoughts and emotions of other people.

heres a suggestion for you cheeka. next time you feel the urge to "do something" about the behaviour of someone elses' children for which you think is inappropriate, why not offer some suggestive criticism rather than allowing yourself to get worked up. or better yet, why not offer a helping hand. assuming of course, you know how difficult it is to single handly raise children as a young parent.
WOAH!

I didn't say I was mean to them - these kids are completely out of control.
so much so that one of them had to switch schools b/c the teacher wouldn't have her son in her class.

I do know (as much as I can without being there myself) how hard it is for single young parents and I commend my friends who have done it right.
I do have friends though that shrugged off the responsibility of disciplining them for too long and now have unruly, disrespectful kids.
who don't listen.

you are taking what I wrote entirely out of context.
Not to mention you have no idea what I have done for my friends - or that I have helped out way more then most - for more then one of them who have been raising their child alone.
Old 03-04-2002, 03:22 PM   #14
TRIBE Member

oh and FDG I was in no way trying to offend single young parents or insinuate that they don't do a great job !
Old 03-04-2002, 03:31 PM   #15
TRIBE Promoter

Heaven forbid that the parents can't afford a babysitter!! Those bastards should be locked up!

Hate to break it to ya but kids are loud. end of story. And don't think its a walk in the park for the parents to have their two 6 yr. olds screaming either. Infact, they're probably more embaressed and annoyed then you are. So suck it up, or bring a walkman. Its a doctors office not a $300 restaurant.

Peace & love. D
www.2ammusic.com
DJAlchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 03:33 PM   #16
TRIBE Promoter

PS. Control is an illusion.
DJAlchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 03:42 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally posted by Cheeka
I hate parents that don't control their kids.
I have a couple of friends with kids who are little shits. They had them really young and I think that's part of the problem.

I get totally irritated and hate being around them .
They are whiny and disobedient... sometimes I can't control myself and I have to say something.

Maybe I'll end up being that evil Mom someday - but I swear I'll have contol of my kids!
maybe you should re read your post again.

control, hate, whiny, disobedient, little shits, irritated.

they are little people, not possessions.
Old 03-04-2002, 03:52 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally posted by DJAlchemy
Heaven forbid that the parents can't afford a babysitter!! Those bastards should be locked up!

Hate to break it to ya but kids are loud. end of story. And don't think its a walk in the park for the parents to have their two 6 yr. olds screaming either. Infact, they're probably more embaressed and annoyed then you are. So suck it up, or bring a walkman. Its a doctors office not a $300 restaurant.

took the words right out of my mouth.
Old 03-04-2002, 04:40 PM   #19
TRIBE Member

Quote:
Originally posted by French Disco Girl

maybe you should re read your post again.

control, hate, whiny, disobedient, little shits, irritated.

they are little people, not possessions.
that post was refering to specific cases - not generalizing to all children - or all my friends children for that matter.
there is poor parents out there - and unfortunately a couple of my friends fall into that category. both of them admitidly so.
and their childrens behavior reflects that.

I realize they are not possessions - and I never suggested they were.

My original post may have been a bit harsh -
I really don't think my true feelings are reflected in that post... bad wording on my part.
Old 03-04-2002, 04:57 PM   #20

holy FUCK, take it easy buddy!

Quote:
Originally posted by joey
okay well did you ever think that they might be a single parent and cant afford or find a babysitter? being a single parent is very hard work, and sometimes you have to take yuor kinds with you when you go out. and my god! really, you had to listen to some kids playing for 30 whole minutes!!!! next time try to enjoy their laughter

blow me.

i'm not asking the mom to find a fucking babysitter, and you know what? if she's a single mom, that's NOT my problem. all i'm asking for is something a little more than "shhh" every five minutes. i'm not saying smack the little asshole down, but perhaps a nice "if you don't stop your YELLING AND SCREAMING (not laughter), i'm going to take you home and punish you".

damn, there go the PC morality police again.

get a life, guys.
Old 03-04-2002, 06:44 PM   #21
TRIBE Member

Re: holy FUCK, take it easy buddy!

Quote:

blow me.

i'm not asking the mom to find a fucking babysitter, and you know what? if she's a single mom, that's NOT my problem. all i'm asking for is something a little more than "shhh" every five minutes. i'm not saying smack the little asshole down, but perhaps a nice "if you don't stop your YELLING AND SCREAMING (not laughter), i'm going to take you home and punish you".

damn, there go the PC morality police again.

get a life, guys.
dude, they're kids
thats what kids do.. they scream

im sure you used to act the same way when you were their age.

im sure there isn't a whole lot to keep them occupied in a doctors office either. what do you expect for kids to sit, silent, with their hands in their laps for 30 minutes?!?

wait, its bothering you, so they had better...
joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 06:52 PM   #22

*snicker*
Old 03-04-2002, 06:56 PM   #23
TRIBE Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SUNKIST
i think a lot of the problem is that most children are spoiled. dont cause a scene-here, have a cookie. come shopping and be good, i'll buy you a treat, i have to work long hours, so you sit and watch TV, pull the dogs tail, and rip up the carpet..its ok, really.
when i was a kid it was a treat to go to McDonald's, my cousins however (we are kids still) eat there on a weekly basis. and if we misbehavied or caused a scene, it was a whack in the back of the head. but of course. no spanking these days...it's child abuse.
I second your thoughts. When I was younger, I had to prove to my parents that I deserved treats, presents etc through good behaviour. If I was a brat I got nothing except maybe the very infrequent and very occasional smack on the head or tap with the wooden spoon. It never entered into my head that my parents discipline was abusive, and even now looking back I totally deserved it whenever I got a smack! It seems that because stupid aspects of our society that parents are scared to discipline their children in the 'old fashioned' way. It's really a shame.

colm
Colm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 02:55 AM   #24
TRIBE Member

beat them with a hockey stick
SlipperyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 03:29 AM   #25
KiX
TRIBE Member

Like Joey said... take the time to enjoy being in the presence of the children!

Kids are incredible. Just watch them. Even if they're misbehaving or yelling or causing a scene, it's so facinating. The simple life of a child is something we all need to go back to once in a while. Watch them smile. Listen to them laugh. Look at what's important to them.... even if they're screaming to try to get it. They're such gifts! Relax and make the most of it.

=tina=
KiX is offline   Reply With Quote