TRIBE MAGAZINE
Home Event Listings Advertise TRIBE logos Subscribe to TRIBE feed About

Go Back   TRIBE MAGAZINE > TRIBE BOARD > TRIBE Main Forum

40 days & 40 nights..

Old 03-01-2002, 12:11 PM   #76
TRIBE Member

Quote:
Originally posted by InFa

Some things I think about masturbation... I used to do it alot. Then (before I became a christian) I thought it was a pretty sad thing for me to do and something I needed to cut back on.

If you masturbate, you're masturbating.

If you're masturbating excessively, then you're an obsessive compulsive or an addict who needs to seek help. God did not help you to stop masturbating or to stop fornicating. You seemed to have used God as a coping mechanism for your own guilt.

If you wanted to stop, why didn't you just stop on your own terms? Live life according to yourself, not because a myth told you so.

Or don't. I'm just stating my opinion.
MoFo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 12:13 PM   #77
TRIBE Member

The point is this - We don't need to jump down the guys throat for believing in something. Some people need religion in their lives, others don't (which is why i disagree with the 'door to door salesman approach of modern religions). It's my opinion that it's the concepts that matter, not the rituals, but that's my choice to decide. We're all entitled to live our lives how we choose. If you read his text, he wasn't forcing HIS opinion on anyone! He was merely answering someone's questions directed at him.

Chillax.

@m.
Adam Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 12:14 PM   #78
TRIBE Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Galactic Phantom
On a side note....hardtentfuck...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Old 03-01-2002, 12:15 PM   #79
TRIBE Member

Quote:
On a side note....hardtentfuck was a perfect gentlemen yesterday, though he was busy with a mouth full of meat.
*GROAN*!!!

@m.
Adam Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 12:15 PM   #80
TRIBE Member

If you look closely, you can see InFa touching himself inside!
Old 03-01-2002, 12:16 PM   #81
TRIBE Member

Right on @m.

As long as people aren't pushing their shit on me, I don't give a fuck what you believe in.

I'm currently worshipping Apolo Ohno, that doesn't mean I'm gonna tell everyone else to do the same. heh heh
Cheer Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 12:17 PM   #82
TRIBE Member

@m, can you move out o the way cuz I want to talk to Keith with full eye contact?
Old 03-01-2002, 12:18 PM   #83
TRIBE Member

Buahahahaha....oh Sunny.
Old 03-01-2002, 12:19 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally posted by hardtekfunk
The point is this - We don't need to jump down the guys throat for believing in something.
sorry buddy, but i don't agree with you on this one. would you jump down his throat if he said he was a nazi (or whatever) and really believed in those ideal because he felt they made him a better person?

belief leads to action.
Rosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 12:21 PM   #85
TRIBE Member

But then there's the debate of whether organized religion is an evil altogether and that people who feel strongly about this (as much as devout religious people feel strongly about their beliefs) should try to eradicate it because in their ideology, religion is bad.

InFa thinks religion is good (which is valid) so I think conflict is inevitable.

Not everyone can be all "floaty" and live lives for themselves. I don't see the harm in having strong opinions that one wants to share with others in hopes of changing. I think that's a natural thing to do.
Old 03-01-2002, 12:23 PM   #86
TRIBE Member

Yay, Rosey and I are on the same wavelength. I say we start our own anti- [place institution here] movement.
WE SHALL OVERCOME!
Old 03-01-2002, 12:25 PM   #87
TRIBE Member

"the left say im a facist
the right calling me communist
hate, hate, hate, hatred for all
one and all
no matter what you believe
dont believe in you - and thats true, yeah"
Old 03-01-2002, 12:30 PM   #88
TRIBE Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MoFo
InFa thinks religion is good (which is valid) so I think conflict is inevitable.
i think there is a difference between thinking religion is good and thinking that (and telling other people!) you're going to hell (or you're committing sin or you're disrespecting god/your parents/your body) if you choke the chicken.

big difference!

funny story about the chastity movement: i was talking to some born again virgin girl a couple of years ago who had gone on this cross canada tour with a busload of christian kids to promote a true-love-waits type campaign, and she told me that they got about halfway and had to stop the tour, because two of the girls on the tour got pregnant.
janiecakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 12:34 PM   #89
TRIBE Member

Old 03-01-2002, 12:35 PM   #90
TRIBE Member

now @m, i agree that people should not jump down InFa's (or anyone else's) throat just because they disagree with him.

but i think that his views represent for a lot of people an attitude that is very troubling.

although i think the nazi example is a little bit of stretch, the same thing applies: if someone voices an opinion SO diametrically opposed to your own, it is nearly impossible to not react emotionally.

personally, i find InFa's views shocking. i really didn't know that people in our age group, in our geographical area are behaving this way.
granted, my group of friends is hardly a church youth group, but i was really surprised to hear from someone who has become a Born-Again christian and has become, for lack of a better phrase, a Born-Again virgin as well.

i rejoice in my sexuality... it is part of my identity as a woman, as a human and as an individual. i do NOT understand how someone living in the same society as me could come to such completely different conclusions about this subject.
Booty Bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 12:38 PM   #91
TRIBE Member

Old 03-01-2002, 12:43 PM   #92

I may be a fool, but I am no monster, I am ignorant about a lot of things, but I know what I know. I'm not judging anyone. Just sharing like the rest of you... but because my beliefs are different from yours you are chastizing and mocking. Does anyone else see the irony here?
Rosey, I'm sorry that you feel that way about me. I don't think I did anything to make you compare me with the situation in India... if you really thought about what you are saying and why you are saying it then you may come to realize that you don't know me at all. There are people who know me and if you asked them then you will know. Or we could go out for a drink sometime.

123...slide,2,3...dip,2,3...ouch.

drew.
InFa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 12:52 PM   #93
TRIBE Member

Quote:
Originally posted by janiecakes

i think there is a difference between thinking religion is good and thinking that (and telling other people!) you're going to hell (or you're committing sin or you're disrespecting god/your parents/your body) if you choke the chicken.

big difference!

...who had gone on this cross canada tour with a busload of christian kids....
I don't know why but a "busload" makes me laugh. LOL.
Old 03-01-2002, 12:54 PM   #94
TRIBE Member

soooo let me get this straight,
you abstain from sex, but not from alcohol?

how does one equal sin and the other not?
Booty Bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 12:58 PM   #95

I knew we should have started another thread.

I haven't been drunk or stoned in over 2 years either.

...and from the top.
Old 03-01-2002, 01:03 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally posted by MoFo

I don't know why but a "busload" makes me laugh. LOL.
Look, mister... its "busload", not "bust a load".. mmmkay?

t-boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 01:04 PM   #97

There is a huge difference between being religious and living by a moral code, and being a fanatic. There is nothing wrong with believing in a God. With all the bad publicity religion gets, people seem to forget about the good. The Mother Teresa's of the world. Not all religious belief is about death and destruction.

Give the guy a break people. He has his beliefs and you have yours. If more people respected the right of others to have their beliefs, there wouldn't be so much strife in the world. There's nothing wrong with being an Atheist, but being fanatical......

Keeping true to your beliefs is keeping true to yourself.

Doll
Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 01:04 PM   #98
TRIBE Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Booty Bits
soooo let me get this straight,
you abstain from sex, but not from alcohol?

how does one equal sin and the other not?
I'm sure Jesus likes a pint of Guinness once in a while.
Old 03-01-2002, 01:04 PM   #99

o.k. now i'm deliberatley causing trouble... sorry... I'm such a sinner. Please feel free to discuss amongst yourselves the consequences of my actions, how much of a hypocrite I am and the like... I must go now and enjoy my weekend.
p.s. all the answers to your questions are in the bible. I'm not putting the bible up for debate... I'm just letting ya know.

and bow.
Old 03-01-2002, 01:04 PM   #100
TRIBE Member

Liz, call me now. NOW!