Hamilton people... - Page 4 - TRIBE MAGAZINE
TRIBE MAGAZINE
Home Event Listings Advertise TRIBE logos Subscribe to TRIBE feed About

Go Back   TRIBE MAGAZINE > TRIBE BOARD > TRIBE Main Forum

Hamilton people...

Old 03-01-2002, 10:05 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally posted by Tearer

That *would* be a lot of fun. Just don't let me get so drunk I end up swimming in Lake Ontario. Ewwwww.
Most likely you will have alcohol poisoning by then!

Richard
fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 10:09 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally posted by choosey
DAMN! im so glad finally someone said they like trance. I love trance, nothing makes me feel more alive then some uplifting trance. Shit does that ever feel good to get off my chest.

See? I'm not the only one! Some sort of trance event in Hamilton would be more than welcome.
-ravetrash- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 10:10 AM   #78

Quote:

Let's work out this lil' rift like real men. Get in the game for a clubfest.
If I didn't have a test to study for, I'd be kicking your ass right now.
Old 03-01-2002, 10:22 AM   #79

I'm not goin to say much because i'll totally flip out and rip most of your heads off.

I once had the same view as the rest of you... until i saw what promoters go through, until i promoted and until i've seen good friends nites fail misseribly.

I totally agree with Brent. I've seen it from the promotinal side of things in this city as well as djing here and partying here.

The view that all the people bitching are missing is the promotinal view.
We've tried to do other nites, we've tried to do WAY more than u think.
Keep in mind you dont know alot of the behind the scenes work.

When we've put on AMAZING headliner nites (exactly what u wanna see), we read that everyones comming and nobody shows its a kick in the face to the promoter.

As Brent said... maybe u should support what u have now in order for it to grow.

I know several promoters that have have put together nites based on what people want and bitch for. Only to have it fail.

I've seen it happen in Toronto too.
You guys will never ben happy no matter what they give you.
You cant please all your critics regardless of how hard you try.

Jonny

ps. I guarantee if we made the house room a DnB room on a weekly basis you'd all come for a few weeks and then take it for granted, letting it turn into what it is now.
Hamilton partiers did the same thing to Syndicate.
funkNstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 10:28 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally posted by funkNstyle

As Brent said... maybe u should support what u have now in order for it to grow.
I do. I go to as many Negative Space and Glaswegian Underground events as I possibly can, which has been practically all of them.

Quote:

I've seen it happen in Toronto too.
You guys will never ben happy no matter what they give you.
You cant please all your critics regardless of how hard you try.
I'm not complaining about what we've got here. Negative Space throws great parties, so does G.U. I'd just like to hear trance a little more often, if possible.
Old 03-01-2002, 10:35 AM   #81

You know what... I love Trance!
But theres a time and place for it.
Like at Big Parties and all nighters.
And on the beach when your camping.

But for me and I would asume most people, don't care to hear it on a regular club night.

Richard
fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 10:41 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally posted by fuzzy

But for me and I would asume most people, don't care to hear it on a regular club night.
I wouldn't want a weekly trance night in Hamilton. That would be a bit excessive. But a couple hours of it once a month would be perfect. I'd definitely be there.
Old 03-01-2002, 10:51 AM   #83

Quote:
I just had another good idea!

How about an event at Barangas On The Beach on a friday or saturday during the summer!!!

Richard
That would be great but it is the last place in this city something like that would happen. I've worked there for a couple years now and there is no chance the owners would go for it.
However, if it is summer style events in the hot sun and surrounded by water that you're lookin' for, then keep yer ears to the ground, we've got a few tricks up our sleeves for this summer!!
905IVE Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 10:51 AM   #84
TRIBE Member

Ravetrash:
ha hah AHh AHAh AHAH

I love that word.
I actually call my cheating exgirlfriend that all the time now.

She hates it

-=Nub=-
Nub! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 11:24 AM   #85
TRIBE Promoter

Well, it's about 1pm and I'm just getting up after last night at Rude Lounge with Matt C. I just couldn't find the strength to make it to work today which is convenient seeing as 'my car wouldn't start'. *L* First off, about last night, I think it went quite well for a thursday in Hamilton. The crowd seemed in to it and I think Matt enjoyed it. As posted earlier, Kenny Glasgow was in for the party too. That guy is hilarious! It was also good to meet Tearer....small world indeed. Congrats to Tyrone for pulling off a solid thursday in Hamilton. Tyrone assured me these monthly parties will continue and Kenny himself apparently liked the venue. Watch for Krista (MTL) and Blakkat in coming months.

I think last night shows that good things can happen in Hamilton so keep posting you ideas for myself and all promoters in Hamilton - your input is aprreciated.

Also, I'll take this moment to point out that the 905ive fellas have been putting on quality shows in Hamilton for awhile now and deserve every bit of success they've had. All of us should be supporting them.
sentence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 11:30 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally posted by -ravetrash-
There is not enough trance in Hamilton. This problem needs to be addressed.

Not to worry, my friend. I will address it soon. As long as the promoters here are willing to book a trance dj like myself. I used to play in hess village a lot, but not recently.
quantumdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 11:39 AM   #87
ADT

We have had trance at our parties! We had Hartec and Hibernate! WTF!?!.. I like trance, i think its way better music than breaks (even though i prefer dancing to breaks.. just because the mechanics of my dance style feeds of transitions and drops.. but thats another topic)...

but my partners hate trance, and the stigmas attached to it, they're techno purists.. which is fine..

but my girlfriend gives me shit constantly for not booking trance for the prime slots.. cant say I blame her..

TRANCE RULES..

v..abstractdatatype
ADT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 11:50 AM   #88

Quote:

See thats what I need!
If I would have known about tonight even 2 weeks ago then I would have included a stop in at Fever in my plans.

Richard
wtf??? Did u not just see that stormshadow received a flyer for this event from bittersweet??? And, i know u guys are good friends, so if u guys went home and looked thru ur little 'rave flyers', u would have seen that this nite was promoted! we've settled this situation already. I'm sure the backbreakers crew would love to drop a flyer in everyones mailbox to ensure that ppl. know whats going on at fever!! haha...........

and as for trance- very very few ppl. like trance in hamilton. just a disasterous night waiting to happen.

*jen*
breakz_btch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 11:54 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally posted by ADT
We have had trance at our parties! We had Hartec and Hibernate! WTF!?!.. I like trance, i think its way better music than breaks
I know. Due to unaviodable circumstances, I missed Hartec. But I loved Hibernate. I also really appreciate the wide range of music you have at your events. I would, however, like it if there were 2 trance DJs. But that's just me. And I'm probably in the minority. =)

Quote:

but my partners hate trance, and the stigmas attached to it, they're techno purists.. which is fine..

Techno is great as well. Ira in particular. His set at G.U last Saturday was fantastic. I'm really looking forward to Android tomorrow night.

Quote:

but my girlfriend gives me shit constantly for not booking trance for the prime slots.. cant say I blame her..

She knows what she's talking about. =)

Quote:

TRANCE RULES..
Yes. Yes it does.
Old 03-01-2002, 12:12 PM   #90
Boo
TRIBE Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 905IVE Crew
heres an early note for those jungle/d'nb heads:

the week after our Rectangle/Josh the Funky 1 party, on Friday April 12th, there will be an Empire room at Fever featuring the Empire crew, Ryan Rukkus, Capital J, and Marcus Visionary with M.C.P. and MC Bandit. So there!
*rubs fingers together*

"Excellent"

905 throws great parties no doubt about it. I was at the Kenny Glasgow, Funktopia and DJ Hyper (and more I'm sure). Hopefully I can make it out to Fever tonight, depends on the cash flow issue.

And of course Hamilton smells Who cares if it smells better than t.o. Thats like saying sweaty feet don't smell as bad as rotten eggs, so sweaty feet don't smell

And Joey can you aim more for the pancreas, cause my Liver's allready hurtin bad from years of abuse. I don't think it could handle a punch.
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 12:20 PM   #91
Boo
TRIBE Member

*mumbles under his breath*

I like trance too...

"what was that?"

Nothing
Old 03-01-2002, 12:26 PM   #92

Tranceheads: You're lost on the Internet. Quietly move back to your little hole.
Old 03-01-2002, 12:28 PM   #93
Boo
TRIBE Member

Quote:
Originally posted by breakz_btch

and boo, i didn't know u lived in Hamilton.?

*jen*
Well I live in the independant republic of Westdale which is in no way associated with Hamilton or its smell

But ya, I do. And in the summer I practically live in Hess Villiage too
Old 03-01-2002, 12:34 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally posted by Boo

Well I live in the independant republic of Westdale which is in no way associated with Hamilton or its smell

'tis true about the Westdale mentality. You cross that highway, and you're in a different world. Boo, I used to live on Emerson, Cline and Glen....good times, good times.

Now, I live right on the periphery of Hess Village. I can see the Funky Munky reflected in the glass of the gas station across the street.

And with these two areas, I think we've exhausted Hamilton's list of fun places to live.

Let the faaaallllllaaaaaaming begin!
Old 03-01-2002, 12:36 PM   #95

Quote:
Tranceheads: You're lost on the Internet. Quietly move back to your little hole.
Although I think that everyone is entitled to their own tastes...trance is in NO WAY BETTER THAN BREAKS!! However, if you want good trance, I heard Robb G is changing over to a full time trance DeeJay.

UB.
Uncle Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 12:37 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally posted by Boo

nice!!! I live as far west mountain as u can get. right around the corner from ancaster. definitly no smell there!!! my bestfriend used to live down in westdale, but alas she has moved to t.o

*jen*
Old 03-01-2002, 12:39 PM   #97
TRIBE Promoter

good call boo.

"the independant republic of westdale"

-that's funny.
sentence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 12:49 PM   #98
Boo
TRIBE Member

Quote:

Boo, I used to live on Emerson, Cline and Glen....good times, good times.

I live on Cline right now... spooky
Old 03-01-2002, 12:51 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally posted by Boo

I live on Cline right now... spooky
my bestfriend used to live on gary st.!!!!

*jen*
Old 03-01-2002, 12:57 PM   #100
Boo
TRIBE Member

Quote:
Originally posted by breakz_btch

my bestfriend used to live on gary st.!!!!

*jen*
Someone call Mulder and Scully, this is more than a coincidence.

I knew a guy in highschool named Gary!!