TRIBE MAGAZINE
Home Event Listings Advertise TRIBE logos Subscribe to TRIBE feed About

Go Back   TRIBE MAGAZINE > TRIBE BOARD > TRIBE Main Forum

Quebec City Verdict

Old 02-27-2002, 08:40 AM   #1
TRIBE Member

Quebec City Verdict

Quebec City Rules

I just got back last night from the most beautiful city in Canada, Quebec City. Where else can you have stunning architecture, Snowboarding less then a half an hour away, and a killer nightlife.

I arrived on Saturday night just in time to get ready then to head out to a night on the town. I ventured by a local cheese bar called vougue just to bring back some memories of highschool vacations. From there I ventured my friend and I ventured into a club called degelbar. This is one of the nicest large clubs I have been inside. The sound system was killer and the light show is one of the best ever. The music was a little cheese once and a while that night but I guess they are bringing in headlines such as DaveClarke, Tiesto, H-Foundation, etc..

The on Monday thanks to ethnik for the lowdown on the quebec night life I headed to a bar called frakies. This place was kickass with a wicked crowd and jackin beats all night. For a monday I can't really think of a party in Toronto that even comes close to touching this.

During the day my bro and I hit Mont Sainte Anne and Stoneham where the runs were long and the terrain parks were killer.

Over all it was a short but killer vacation, If I could I would move to quebec in a flash. That city is amazing and if you ever have the chance to go there do it.

Oh ethnik I tried calling you but it was the wrong #, too bad because it would have been nice to party with a guy that does it up right.

Next stop Montreal in 3 weeks!
poker face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 09:17 AM   #2
TRIBE Member

good ta see you made it home safe and sound Pokey...
LeoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 10:23 AM   #3
TRIBE Member

Another amazing venue in the QC area:

Le Cube!!!!

OHMIGOD ... that place was a riot. I got there at 2:15 in the morning & didn't leave until 8:30 !!!! On nothing but water, a couple of rum 'n cokes from earlier in the evening & pure adrenaline. The music was *that* good!

Let's just say my entire body ached the next day, but it was *well* worth it. Thank God I had a comfy bed at the Chateau to a bsorb my weary self before the trip back to Toronto.

Wish I could've made it to Mt. Ste. Anne, though. Looks amazing!

Loopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 10:27 AM   #4
TRIBE Member

Forgot to ask:

Was Degelbar the club on the main strip with 2 levels? (A converted mansion?)

Just curious ...
Old 02-27-2002, 10:29 AM   #5
TRIBE Member

Delgel Bar is that club, and the funny thing is on the lower level it was a heavy metal band.

I was going to go to the cube but I had to get up early the next day and I knew I would ruin myself if I went there!
Old 02-27-2002, 10:37 AM   #6
TRIBE Member

hey there, international playboy....you swinging by my pad tonight?

@m.
Adam Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 10:38 AM   #7
TRIBE Member

Quote:
Originally posted by hardtekfunk
hey there, international playboy....you swinging by my pad tonight?

@m.
Forsure, sorry about the other night I was a little scattered brained when I was getting ready for the trip!
Old 02-27-2002, 10:42 AM   #8
TRIBE Member

When I went to QC, it was an extremley short trip for me too (back in mid-Dec). But I think I share your love for the city!!!

I hit Degelbar Friday night & Le Cube Saturday. I agree with your take completely ... the music was hit & miss ... mostly hit! And it was mobbed until close.

They even played Green Velvet (although the crowd seemed less appreciative than did I), some techno & quite a bit of house.

Same thing with the lower-level metal band too. Ah well ... good thing you used discipline about Le Cube ... If you'd gone through the door, I predict you'd have had a most difficult time leaving early ....
Old 02-27-2002, 11:11 AM   #9
TRIBE Member

Quote:
Originally posted by poker face
Delgel Bar is that club, and the funny thing is on the lower level it was a heavy metal band.

I was going to go to the cube but I had to get up early the next day and I knew I would ruin myself if I went there!
It's actually called Le Dagobert. I can't beleive they still have a band too - I got up and sang with them when I was there in high school
R4V4G3D_SKU11S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 06:27 AM   #10

I HAVE 2 QUESTIONS,
HOW MUCH, AND HOW LONG?

PEACE
Dj_Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 03:11 PM   #11

Dagobert is owned by the owner of Aria's father...
huggs is offline   Reply With Quote