Quantcast
Toronto's nicest clubs! - Page 2 - TRIBE MAGAZINE
TRIBE MAGAZINE
Home Event Listings Advertise TRIBE logos Subscribe to TRIBE feed About

Go Back   TRIBE MAGAZINE > TRIBE BOARD > TRIBE Main Forum

Toronto's nicest clubs!

Old 02-12-2002, 02:33 AM   #26

Oh My god I forgot abut high bar I loved when they would feed the sharks over the bar, amazing!
Old 02-12-2002, 10:50 AM   #27

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ethnik:
High Bar (montreal) - when it was still around, the most beautiful space i have EVER seen

peace

mike
</font>
High Bar was awesome. But easily the most mismanaged place in Montreal. I remember there was a period when that place would be packed Wednesday through Saturday and owners still went broke.

Plus they had secret camera's in that place. That was always a good laugh.

Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 11:28 AM   #28

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DJAlchemy:
personally I like the homely feel of system. As far a 'nice' clubs go -Life is one of the classiest joints in town. Madbar is quite nice as well, except that the lighting isn't anything special.

Peace & love. D
</font>

This is London *IS* beautiful...the girls bathroom is better than the actual club!!!

Madbar-to me- is nothing but a small room with some stairs to the left. The decor is nothing to write home about at all.

Tanya's (inside the Guvernment) is really beautiful inside, although it is more of a lounge.

Fluid Lounge is amazing now that it has been renovated.

Industry was the biggest dive next to Exit, which held first place for scummy places to party(talk about the "underground")
gRoOviegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 11:31 AM   #29
TRIBE Member

Nicest:

Guvernment
Fluid
Cream
Red Boutique
Fez
poker face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 11:31 AM   #30

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by djcheezwhiz:
^^you brought system into the question...

jc
</font>
You people are about as obsessed with system as the people on the Guvernment website are with the Guvernment.

We're talking about the DECOR here, not the "feel"....Yes, yes it's your "home away from home", the "people are great" and "i love the cozy atmosphere"

Don't you guys go anywhere else?????

Old 02-12-2002, 11:33 AM   #31
TRIBE Member

I went to the Vain magazine party last night it was @ club 729 or whatever its called above Hardrock cafe on yonge, that was pretty swank. to keep it simple think of B-sides but about twice the size with EAW sound system.

Also there's a pretty new space on Adelaide called Cream it's also very sweet.
YYZ Bar&Resto, not really a club but one of the nicest decors in the city.

Those are my top three spaces in the city, there's a party @ Cream on March 8th i'll post details when i get them and you can judge for yourself.

Kyfe
kyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 11:41 AM   #32
TRIBE Member

System is a shithole, as is Turbo, and Guvernment. Basically any place that plays the best music is a shithole, why? Because that style of music caters more to younger drinkers, and younger drinkers are poor. Also, sorry to say it, but in general, women like shittier music, and are less tolerant of dirty surroundings like system. And guys will pay more to go where women go, thus nicer clubs with shittier music attract women, and can afford to be nicer because guys will pay more to be there. They're for older crowds. As an owner I'd rather have System though, the return on capital must blow most other places away.
mr tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 11:41 AM   #33
TRIBE Member

space: fluid (dicey crowd)
sound: guv (ditto)
atmo: aria (dunno exactly why, just like the lounge feel)
always fun: element (shit venue)
crowd: haven't found anywhere where I love the crowd

I have a hard time finding a place that excels in EVERY aspect. Although none of the places I've seen aren't "perfect", you can still have a good time when you're with your group.
daddyiwantchocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 11:43 AM   #34
TRIBE Member

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sweetpea:
Aria is my home away from home, i love this place so comfy and lots of couches is a must the people are nice and the vibe is awesome!</font>
but the guys are so pathetic!!!!
not cute and cheesy!
we were harassed the ENTIRE time we were there last week!

the venue is nice for sure though - I totally agree... and all the seating is wicked!
I like the music too - but the crowd (since it is like 85% guys) is huuuuurting!
Cheeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 12:00 PM   #35

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kyfe:
I went to the Vain magazine party last night it was @ club 729 or whatever its called above Hardrock cafe on yonge, that was pretty swank. to keep it simple think of B-sides but about twice the size with EAW sound system.

Also there's a pretty new space on Adelaide called Cream it's also very sweet.
YYZ Bar&Resto, not really a club but one of the nicest decors in the city.

Those are my top three spaces in the city, there's a party @ Cream on March 8th i'll post details when i get them and you can judge for yourself.

Kyfe
</font>

Cream is *THE* place to be right now.
Old 02-12-2002, 12:02 PM   #36
TRIBE Member

Word! You really must be a gRoOviegurl!

Kyfe
Old 02-12-2002, 12:21 PM   #37
TRIBE Member

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gRoOviegurl:

Cream is *THE* place to be right now.
</font>

Werd!!!

I will keep you posted for march 8th!!!
poker face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 12:23 PM   #38

I have come to realize that most people on this board go to system every weekend. They can't wait for the next week why you have done the same damn thing for the past 52 weeks. Wow the dj's change everyweek ooohh half the time it sounds the same anyway. There are more then one hundred clubs and lounges in Toronto my god check some of them out, you might even have a good time. I know you might have to wear dress pants and might have to listen to crappy music and there might even be girls at the club but hey it would add some spice to your life. I think the general attitude here is my music is the best and I can only listen to that music in order to have a good time. Sorry I used to be the same way but now I am open to everything different music, different crowds, different places. Don't get me wrong I still love techno and I always will but I don't have to be at a place that plays it every single weekend. It seems that you people only know of a handful of places in your own city which is quite sad.
Old 02-12-2002, 12:26 PM   #39

Pest, there is 5700 members and you assume that they all go to System every single week?

I personally don't go to many clubs at all in TO because I don't prefer the music and when I do go to say System.. it's for a headliner I want to check out. And for the people I'm going to see there, which is not too often.

I would wear a tuxedo if they'd bring the DJs I wanted to see

pr0nstar
pr0nstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 12:28 PM   #40
TRIBE Member

You ruin practically every argument you have that might be remotely valid with your poor attitude and insulting behaviour.

Way to go.

Ming.
mingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 12:28 PM   #41
TRIBE Member

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pest:
Don't get me wrong I still love techno and I always will but I don't have to be at a place that plays it every single weekend. </font>
Pest System doesn't have techno every weekend... actually they rarely have techno.
they usually have progressive fridays and house sat...

and there is lots of girls there on sat... it's friday that's the cockshow
Old 02-12-2002, 12:34 PM   #42
TRIBE Member

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mingster:
You ruin practically every argument you have that might be remotely valid with your poor attitude and insulting behaviour.

Way to go.

Ming.
</font>
Ming-a-lang-long-my-ding-a-long-ding-dong

Kyfe
Old 02-12-2002, 12:35 PM   #43
TRIBE Member

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kyfe:
Ming-a-lang-long-my-ding-a-long-ding-dong

Kyfe
</font>
eh...what?
mingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 12:40 PM   #44
TRIBE Member

Quote:
I have come to realize that most people on this board go to system every weekend. They can't wait for the next week why you have done the same damn thing for the past 52 weeks. Wow the dj's change everyweek ooohh half the time it sounds the same anyway. There are more then one hundred clubs and lounges in Toronto my god check some of them out, you might even have a good time. I know you might have to wear dress pants and might have to listen to crappy music and there might even be girls at the club but hey it would add some spice to your life. I think the general attitude here is my music is the best and I can only listen to that music in order to have a good time. Sorry I used to be the same way but now I am open to everything different music, different crowds, different places. Don't get me wrong I still love techno and I always will but I don't have to be at a place that plays it every single weekend. It seems that you people only know of a handful of places in your own city which is quite sad.</font>
You post various threads asking for our honest advice/opinions on bullshit topics, each time inevitably concluding that we're all sad losers. Yet you come back for more, with the same result. Are you an eternal optimist? Or just a weirdo?
Old 02-12-2002, 12:41 PM   #45

When I say techno I mean electronic music sorry almost everything was called techno in 1990 except jungle. There are so many labels now you don't know what the hell your listening to.
Old 02-12-2002, 12:45 PM   #46

Sorry that is not what I was trying to do, but when you start a thread trying to talk about clubs other then system, you even spell it out in your post that you are not talking about system. And the first three or four posts come up with contribution of saying system or breath its kind of annoying sorry.
Old 02-12-2002, 12:47 PM   #47
TRIBE Member

pest did you like film lounge on Sat?
was that more your thing?
Old 02-12-2002, 12:50 PM   #48
TRIBE Member

Quote:
Sorry that is not what I was trying to do, but when you start a thread trying to talk about clubs other then system, you even spell it out in your post that you are not talking about system. And the first three or four posts come up with contribution of saying system or breath its kind of annoying sorry.</font>
For sure. I've understood your point of view in every thread you've started, and mostly agreed with you, but the tone you take always seems to turn it into a pissing match, but not always your fault, people just expect it now and freak out. Threads never stick with a theme much past the 1st page anyways, it's like the broken telephone.
Old 02-12-2002, 12:59 PM   #49

Yea actually thanks cheeka. Started the night out at this is london, they had a mardi gras theme party then at about three went to Film lounge. The space is very nice and the music was amazing. I was expecting house music but I got really hard pumping trance, I loved it. Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it.
Old 02-12-2002, 01:07 PM   #50
TRIBE Member

Quote:
Yea actually thanks cheeka. Started the night out at this is london, they had a mardi gras theme party then at about three went to Film lounge. The space is very nice and the music was amazing. I was expecting house music but I got really hard pumping trance, I loved it. Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it.</font>
I think we found the problem pest... you like "this is London" - that's the disconnect right there