Quantcast
BREATHE = LIARS (warning: rant) - Page 3 - TRIBE MAGAZINE
TRIBE MAGAZINE
Home Event Listings Advertise TRIBE logos Subscribe to TRIBE feed About

Go Back   TRIBE MAGAZINE > TRIBE BOARD > TRIBE Main Forum

BREATHE = LIARS (warning: rant)

Old 02-11-2002, 04:35 PM   #51

Bitch Bitch Bitch....it doesn't take long before a good club gets slammed for such lame accusations.

Viceroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 04:37 PM   #52
TRIBE Member

false advertising is bunk.

why are you defending it?
Booty Bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 04:49 PM   #53
TRIBE Member

word! your mouth is better shut on this one Viceroy cause your talking shit.

First off it's NOT a good club!
poor layout, sub par sound system, 1991 laser? Please

Second off if a good promoter and/or club gets greedy, guess what there will be some backlash which is whats been going on here. I have commended Breathe for the talent they bring in but thats it, and thats their gimmick per say.

Thirdly who are you to say that everybody who's posted here is wrong, I never have any problems there in terms of cover but hey it seems some ppl do.
Their experiences are not lame accusations they are fact, patrons get treated differently for various reasons but that doesn't make one more important than the other.

Next time you have something to say think with your head and open your eyes.

Kyfe
kyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 04:58 PM   #54
TRIBE Member

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kyfe:
First off it's NOT a good club!
poor layout, sub par sound system, 1991 laser? Please
</font>
WHAT?!? wow.. people really are completely spoiled rotten in Toronto and you don't even realize it and probably never will!! I understand the bitching, even though it's a measly $5... but System is not a good club? plleeassseee...
bucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 05:01 PM   #55
TRIBE Member

any of you that are bitching about Breathe should be getting a bitch email anytime soon from one of the promoters about this thread.

Not sure what his name is but he has been on my case a few times. And because of that I will not give him my support very much anymore.

Sorry Matt and Mark!
poker face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 05:03 PM   #56

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by poker face:
any of you that are bitching about Breathe should be getting a bitch email anytime soon from one of the promoters about this thread.

</font>
are you saying that a promoter emailed you to bitch you out for publicly saying something that was less than positive about breathe? if that's the case, that's pretty weak.
Rosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 05:06 PM   #57
TRIBE Member

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rosey:
are you saying that a promoter emailed you to bitch you out for publicly saying something that was less than positive about breathe? if that's the case, that's pretty weak.</font>
more then once this has happend, and the second time it was a false accusation. And he was rude as hell!
Old 02-11-2002, 05:09 PM   #58
TRIBE Member

Bucky have you ever been to a good club?

The sound in system is amongst the worst for its size, pathetic even.
Take Tonic, Element, Limelight and even Turbo (although their sound could have been so much better) would you say these clubs would be fair to compare against?

alright System finishes lower than any of them for sound period. system has good dj's thats it, a good club cannot be based on who they bring in every week.

If thats how you choose where to go then you are missing out in a large way.

Good venue's go hand in hand with
good dj's
a good crowd
and good decor

those four basic principals are what makes a club good. not because everyone and their brother goes there.

Kyfe&gt; Wise up Suka - PWEI
Old 02-11-2002, 05:20 PM   #59
TRIBE Member

Based on a lot of other clubs I've been to, System doesn't sound or look that bad at all. If you think it's horrible, then as someone esle stated, you're spolied.

As for Breathe / Wired For Sound, I think they've done a good job of bringing in quality international talent on a consistent basis, which is pretty tough to do. Their pricing at the door could definitely be more consistent, and lower, but other than that I've had no complaints really.

Yes, false advertising sucks. Yes, inconsistent and high cover charges suck. And yes, voicing valid complaints in a public forum is cool and should be done, especially if the promoters read the thread!!

Ok why am I responding to this thread again?

- Sam
RJ45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 05:52 PM   #60
TRIBE Member

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rosey:
are you saying that a promoter emailed you to bitch you out for publicly saying something that was less than positive about breathe? if that's the case, that's pretty weak.</font>

oh Rosey, you don't even know!
everytime i have said something on this board that even resembles a negative comment about Breathe or its residents, i have gotten an email about it.
its possibly the lamest thing about that night and its promoters/DJs.

i know of SEVERAL other people who have gotten similar emails. and you know the saddest part? usually the person was voicing a complaint about the music, only to get a reply along the lines of "you dont know good music when you hear it!"

sooo mature.

(and yes, i know, its not mature to go around and tell people about it either, but the fact is, its been happening for over a year and to multiple people and its bunk.)
Booty Bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 05:57 PM   #61
TRIBE Member

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by finary:
I agree... Guv by far gives the most... um.. detailed searches.

I ended up there on Saturday to have some door persons hands go everywhere from the bottom of my feet, to my butt, and down the front of my pants to touch my pubes.

I believe in searches, I like clubs to be safe, but keep your fucking hands out of my pants.

/finary
</font>
awww poor Kev - you were assaulted...
I told you not to go to Guv on sat
Cheeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 06:06 PM   #62
TRIBE Member

Quote:
Bucky have you ever been to a good club?

The sound in system is amongst the worst for its size, pathetic even.
Take Tonic, Element, Limelight and even Turbo (although their sound could have been so much better) would you say these clubs would be fair to compare against?

&lt;snip&gt;
Good venue's go hand in hand with
good dj's
a good crowd
and good decor
</font>
The better question is, Have you ever been to a club outside of Toronto? Because based on what you listed System ranks as one of the top clubs in the northeast I've ever been to, and I've been to a lot of clubs all over! I'm not trying to kiss the clubs ass, I do understand the bitching about the door costs, but I just think it's sad how people in Toronto bitch so much about such petty things...
bucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 06:25 PM   #63
TRIBE Member

Bucky.

I've been to many a club outside of T. go to Montreal and compare any major club to System there, System gets its recognition for its Dj'nothing else...

I kept my comparison simple meaning local so almost anyone could compare not because they are the best clubs I've been to. Lets take another fair comparison this one with a twist.

Stereo vs System....need i say more, the pricepoint is the same the dj's are of the same calibre, the size is relatively the same Stereo is slightly smaller. The crowd people go to Stereo for the Dj's and for the club. but the sound Oh my god the sound,

System is a walkman in comparison.
Now if quality of sound is me being petty sure i'm petty. or maybe your expect little for your hard earned money.

DON'T QUESTION WHAT YOU THINK I SAY. QUESTION WHAT I'VE SAID.YOU LOOK LIKE AN ASS MAKING THOSE KINDS OF ASSUMPTIONS CONSIDERING YOU'VE NEVER EVEN SEEN ME.

Kyfe&gt; this is for comparison purposes only
Old 02-11-2002, 06:28 PM   #64
TRIBE Member

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by finary:
I ended up there on Saturday to have some door persons hands go everywhere from the bottom of my feet, to my butt, and down the front of my pants to touch my pubes.

I believe in searches, I like clubs to be safe, but keep your fucking hands out of my pants.

/finary
</font>
thats what you get for going to the Guvernment.

SUNKIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 06:28 PM   #65

Quote:
Bucky.

I've been to many a club outside of T. go to Montreal and compare any major club to System there, System gets its recognition for its Dj'nothing else...

I kept my comparison simple meaning local so almost anyone could compare not because they are the best clubs I've been to. Lets take another fair comparison this one with a twist.

Stereo vs System....need i say more, the pricepoint is the same the dj's are of the same calibre, the size is relatively the same Stereo is slightly smaller. The crowd people go to Stereo for the Dj's and for the club. but the sound Oh my god the sound,

System is a walkman in comparison.
Now if quality of sound is me being petty sure i'm petty. or maybe your expect little for your hard earned money.

DON'T QUESTION WHAT YOU THINK I SAY. QUESTION WHAT I'VE SAID.YOU LOOK LIKE AN ASS MAKING THOSE KINDS OF ASSUMPTIONS CONSIDERING YOU'VE NEVER EVEN SEEN ME.

Kyfe&gt; this is for comparison purposes only
</font>

I think you look like the bigger ass.
Old 02-11-2002, 06:30 PM   #66
TRIBE Member

Quote:
Stereo vs System....</font>
Yeah there's a fair comparison.

Stereo is a bit of an exceptional case in terms of sound quality, would you say?

Old 02-11-2002, 06:34 PM   #67
TRIBE Member

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RJ45:
Quote:
Originally posted by kyfe:
Stereo vs System....</font>
Yeah there's a fair comparison.

Stereo is a bit of an exceptional case in terms of sound quality, would you say?

totally! Stereo is debatably the best sound in North America... top 3 if nothing else.
System isn't nearly as nice as Stereo - you can't even compare!

Cheeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 06:34 PM   #68
TRIBE Member

hey Evan Gray if you have something to back that up i'll respect your comment [unlike you respecting mine] otherwise,
keep your one liners, to yourself or grow some balls to back up your bandwagon statements.

I think everything i've said is true from experience, what do you have to say?

Kyfe
Old 02-11-2002, 06:37 PM   #69
TRIBE Member

Old 02-11-2002, 06:38 PM   #70
TRIBE Member

System is not even a nice club at all!

The only reason why we go there is because of the dj's and it is open late. The crowd is usually sketchy there and the are a bunch of weirdo dudes that are sleezy as hell.

There are so many nicer clubs in Toronto that we don't go to just because of the crowd and music that are at them.
Old 02-11-2002, 06:39 PM   #71
TRIBE Member

Hey &lt;insert first name here&gt; &lt;insert last name here&gt;, let's not get too wrapped up in the anger.

daddyiwantchocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 06:40 PM   #72
TRIBE Member

Like I said Kids with a twist.
The Stereo vs System IS a fair comparison till you talk about sound, then a hush fills the room. So how is it not fair? System could have good sound too.

Is good sound not important? obviously from the last two posts it is somewhat important.

Now my point is/was System is not a good CLUB.
Not that the night sucks or anything, the roster is quiality like ive said earlier, but does that make it a good club?

Kyfe&lt;I'm not the only one ranting here.
Old 02-11-2002, 06:43 PM   #73
TRIBE Member

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by daddyiwantchocolate:
Hey &lt;insert first name here&gt; &lt;insert last name here&gt;, let's not get too wrapped up in the anger.

</font>
thats about as far as that will go, it keeps ppl honest. and prevents them from acting like a 6foot2 jock on roids while on the message board.

Kyfe

Old 02-11-2002, 06:47 PM   #74
TRIBE Member

Quote:
thats about as far as that will go, it keeps ppl honest. and prevents them from acting like a 6foot2 jock on roids while on the message board.

Kyfe
</font>
You obviously don't know HEaven.

daddyiwantchocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 06:48 PM   #75
TRIBE Member

Quote:
Like I said Kids with a twist.
The Stereo vs System IS a fair comparison till you talk about sound, then a hush fills the room. So how is it not fair? System could have good sound too.

Is good sound not important? obviously from the last two posts it is somewhat important.

Now my point is/was System is not a good CLUB.
Not that the night sucks or anything, the roster is quiality like ive said earlier, but does that make it a good club?

Kyfe&lt;I'm not the only one ranting here.
</font>
Could System have the same sound as Stereo. Different clubs, different layouts. The sound at system is not the greatest but the space is not very well designed.
Stereo, as was mentioned above, has perhaps one of the best sounds in N.A. and probably top 10 in the world. Based on my experience.

kennyboy is offline   Reply With Quote