>>>>> THE NFL PLAYOFFS - Page 6 - TRIBE MAGAZINE
TRIBE MAGAZINE
Home Event Listings Advertise TRIBE logos Subscribe to TRIBE feed About

Go Back   TRIBE MAGAZINE > TRIBE BOARD > TRIBE Main Forum

>>>>> THE NFL PLAYOFFS

Old 01-27-2002, 07:24 PM   #126

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by -Mercury-:

Kordell stewert reminded us once again that he is a great athelete, but not a good quarterback.

</font>
Great Athlete and Great QB.....terrible play calling cost them today combined with the Special teams screwups not Kordell. He played a huge roll in the great season they had.

I've got to hand it to the Pats coaching staff, they did there homework and were the better prepared team today.

kevinj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 08:08 PM   #127
TRIBE Member

Bledsoe is a class act all the way. I think the worst thing that happened to the Steelers was that they knocked out Brady and let Bledsoe come in the game.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 08:16 PM   #128
TRIBE Member

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kevinj:
Great Athlete and Great QB.....terrible play calling cost them today combined with the Special teams screwups not Kordell. He played a huge roll in the great season they had.

I've got to hand it to the Pats coaching staff, they did there homework and were the better prepared team today.

</font>
Did you miss those two horrible throws in the 4th quarter? That's not playcalling, those were bad throws.
Sorry, I know he had a pertty good run this year, but in the clutch today, he blew it.
-Mercury- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 08:24 PM   #129
CC

steelers lose by these two stats:

turnovers: pats-0; steelers-4

special teams tds: pats-2; steelers-0.

pats still suck ass. their offense only scored one td. and the defense didn't force those turnovers. steelers dominated the whole game with the exception of a few plays.

way to go stewart. you once again show us that you suck. and anyone on the steelers special teams should be fired for next year.

CC
CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 09:01 PM   #130

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by -Mercury-:
Did you miss those two horrible throws in the 4th quarter? That's not playcalling, those were bad throws.
Sorry, I know he had a pertty good run this year, but in the clutch today, he blew it.
</font>

I saw the throws and yes they were bad throws, but with over 2 minutes to go in the game why is Mularkey trying to tie the game with one play. The offense was rusty, a couple 5 yard screens to get the momentum back in there favour would have been the smart thing to do and then try to go for the big play.

And for all those who are jumping off the Kordell bandwagon, you're obviously not true Steelers fans and have no clue to what he did for them this year.

I'm very disappointed but it's a team game and you can't`pin a loss on 1 player in the same way that 1 player doesn't win a game for you.

can't wait for next year, the future looks very good for the black and gold.
Old 01-27-2002, 09:54 PM   #131
TRIBE Member

dammit! hurry up and be over so i can watch the good sunday TV...and the players and owners sure spill the bullshit when they do their little victory speeches...pfft.
SUNKIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 10:04 PM   #132
TRIBE Member

RAMS WIN! RAMS WIN!!!

Superbowl 36
Sunday, February 3, 2002
St. Louis Rams vs. New England Patriots
New Orleans, 6pm

Bias
tobywan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 10:17 PM   #133
CO2
TRIBE Member

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CC:
pats still suck ass. their offense only scored one td. and the defense didn't force those turnovers. steelers dominated the whole game with the exception of a few plays.
CC
</font>
If the Pats suck so much, what does that say about a beaten Steelers team? :P

-Chris
CO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 10:18 PM   #134
TRIBE Member

I've been waiting for 15 years to see the Eagles in the Superbowl. Looks like it's at least one more year (and they are looking strong for next year).
R4V4G3D_SKU11S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 10:26 PM   #135
TRIBE Member

heartbreaker for pittsburgh.

it sounds cliche when the experts say it, but it's true: the keys to playoff games are turnovers and special teams.

the steelers played well. kordell stewart played very well. it's not his fault his offensive line could not get things going for their running game. it's not his fault his team was behind due to special teams fuck-ups. even his game-ending interception was not his fault because that's a tough position to be in - facing a defence that knows it only needs to defend the pass.

anyway, i still love the 49ers and the steelers and it would take much more than a few disappointing playoffs to change that.

as for the patriots, i'll be rooting for them just because i love tom brady's cinderella-like rise to stardom.

as for the rams/eagles - i couldn't believe the eagles almost pulled off the upset. rams are heavy favourites for the superbowl so here's hoping it won't be a blowout.
Klubmasta Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 10:32 PM   #136
CC

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CO2:
If the Pats suck so much, what does that say about a beaten Steelers team? :P

-Chris
</font>
it says they are a really good team that needs a new quarterback and a new special teams coach. pats didn't deserve to win that game. it was not a performance worthy of going to the superbowl.

CC

CC
Old 01-27-2002, 11:31 PM   #137
CO2
TRIBE Member

Quote:
it says they are a really good team that needs a new quarterback and a new special teams coach. pats didn't deserve to win that game. it was not a performance worthy of going to the superbowl.

CC

CC
</font>
They didnt deserve to win? Hahaha..my goodness...

Kordell choked in the end and ended any opportunity for a Steeler comeback...Jerome Bettis had somewhere around 50 yards rushing total, so he was subdued quite nicely by the NE defense...the NE defense picked off Stewart 2 times, and only allowed for 2 touchdowns, only 1 more than what NE scored...the NE special teams played a far superior game than Pittsburg special teams...and in the end that spelled a NE win.

Football isnt all about how many touchdowns your offense scores..its about defence and special teams as well, and in that department the Steelers were beaten.

I think you just need to face the facts and swallow your Steeler loving pride and accept the fact that they got beaten by a better team today...and stop being a sore loser.

On another day, under different circumstances perhaps the Steelers would have kicked the snot out of the Pats..BUT NOT TODAY!!

Haha!

-Chris &lt;-- enjoying some rare Patriot pride!

CO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 11:44 PM   #138
CC

stewart was throwing the ball 50 feet from teh receiver. it's not like the cornerback jumped up and grabbed it away from the receiver. and stewart wasn't even under any pressure during his 4 turnovers. so you can't credit the defence for standing in the right spot. techincally on the last interception, the db was out of position when he caught it.

and as far as bettis, he would run into a pile of people and just fall over. no big stops on him. he didn't have any of his speed under him. he shouldn't have been in the game. he couldn't get enough speed up to run over anyone or break it outside.

a very uncharacteristic steelers team; pats were just lucky to be around that day. i'll give credit to the pats defence in the first half for taking chances and bringing pressure, but the second half they sucked.

either way, if you win a game like that, and a game like they did last week, they don't deserve to go to the superbowl. they haven't done anything really well. they just got to play a shitty oakland team in crappy weather and they get luck in having stewart act like an idiot.

CC
Old 01-28-2002, 12:06 AM   #139
TRIBE Member

easy on kordell stewart. he threw 2 interceptions and they were both in the last few minutes - i.e. during desparation time when the pats knew they only needed to defend the pass.

the steeler running backs and offensive line were not getting their jobs done so that put tons of additional pressure on kordell. (non-existant running game allowing more double teams on receivers and very effective blitzing.)

give some credit to the guy who led the steelers as far as he did. to those of you saying he is not a good quarterback, you'll be eating those words next year. you don't become a pro-bowl quarterback unless you got the goods.
Klubmasta Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 12:16 AM   #140
TRIBE Member

Bettis had 8 yards rushing (in 9 attempts). He had about 40 yards receiving. And did any of you people jumping on the Bash Stewart Bandwagon actually *watch* the game??? His 3 interceptions weren't really game breakers. The first one came on a hail mary just at the end of the first half. And the last two were at the end of the game at a point when the Steelers were pretty desperate. It wasn't Stewart's fault the Steelers lost. The coach was too conservative in offensive play calling. They couldn't establish any sort of a running game. And their special teams sucked. That's why the Steelers lost.
Old 01-28-2002, 12:26 AM   #141
TRIBE Member

Well, I was o fer today. But great games.

I would just like say that I think the refereeing has been very good this playoffs. A couple of the rules need to be changed, but the refs are consistantly makeing the correct calls, and giving good explenations.

Sad that my Eagles just fell short. Man St.louis has a solid squad.

GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!
Dave
Dave
Preroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 12:31 AM   #142

Klubmaster Will and Stan, it's good to hear some people speaking some sense. I'm so sick of people jumping all over Stewart when the Steelers lose and giving him so little credit when they win.

It's a team game and today they did not play as a team when it counted the most and the Patriots took advantage of that.
Old 01-28-2002, 05:18 AM   #143

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SUNKIST:
dammit! hurry up and be over so i can watch the good sunday TV...and the players and owners sure spill the bullshit when they do their little victory speeches...pfft.</font>
You keep listening to your Happy Hard Crap, and we'll keep watching our football. It's good like that, mmmmmKay!

Matt
ThePlunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 05:53 AM   #144
TRIBE Member

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SUNKIST:
dammit! hurry up and be over so i can watch the good sunday TV...and the players and owners sure spill the bullshit when they do their little victory speeches...pfft.</font>
Pray tell, what other "quality" television would we be missing out on Fox Sunday evenings? The Chamber? Fear Factor? When America's Funniest Unnecessary Emergency Surgeries Attack?
Old 01-28-2002, 06:35 AM   #145

THIS JUST IN:

Football sucks!

Old 01-28-2002, 08:25 AM   #146

So what's the early line ??
St Louis by 20 or 30 ?? This will be one of the worst SuperBowl's ever. Think I will watch the woman's curling instead. [ it will provide more entertainment ] I wonder if Brittney will show up for the half-time show and ruin the U2 song ???
PlumRidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 10:57 AM   #147

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PlumRidge:
So what's the early line ??
St Louis by 20 or 30 ?? This will be one of the worst SuperBowl's ever. Think I will watch the woman's curling instead. [ it will provide more entertainment ] I wonder if Brittney will show up for the half-time show and ruin the U2 song ???
</font>
\

Little do you know bud! Little do you know!
Peace,
Jimi James

Jimi James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 10:58 AM   #148

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jimi James:
Patriots all the way. The Cinderella team of the year. You cannot beat the heart that Tom Brady has! Pitts vs Pats to see who goes to the bowl, if things work out, will be a killer game.

JimiJames
</font>
Please take notes.....
Jimi James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 12:41 PM   #149
TRIBE Member

Quote:
stewart was throwing the ball 50 feet from the receiver. it's not like the cornerback jumped up and grabbed it away from the receiver. and stewart wasn't even under any pressure during his 4 turnovers. so you can't credit the defence for standing in the right spot. techincally on the last interception, the db was out of position when he caught it.

and as far as bettis, he would run into a pile of people and just fall over. no big stops on him. he didn't have any of his speed under him. he shouldn't have been in the game. he couldn't get enough speed up to run over anyone or break it outside.

CC
</font>
Watch the second interception again. The seconday was in perfect coverage. If the ball was on target the CB would have had a chance of catching it.

Big stops? It's called tackling. Big stops are irrelevant when the defense is swarming to the ball, overpowering the O-Line and completely shutting down the run game.

The Patriots D and STeams won the game. If The Steelers would have been able to run then Stewart wouldn't have been forced to win (and choke) the game for them.

Go PATRIOTS!
H2Whoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 12:44 PM   #150
TRIBE Member

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Stan:
Pray tell, what other "quality" television would we be missing out on Fox Sunday evenings? The Chamber? Fear Factor? When America's Funniest Unnecessary Emergency Surgeries Attack?</font>
haha...unnecessary surgeries...i wish.
alas..i was refering to Futurama, Simpsons, Malcolm in the Middle...you know, the good tv programs...

SUNKIST is offline   Reply With Quote