TRIBE MAGAZINE
Home Event Listings Advertise TRIBE logos Subscribe to TRIBE feed About

Go Back   TRIBE MAGAZINE > TRIBE BOARD > TRIBE Main Forum

The Best Way to Commit Suicide

Old 01-23-2002, 11:25 PM   #51
TRIBE Member

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Taleen:
I know I've made some stupid threads in the past.. but never have they ever been as ignorant as to laugh about a matter that might deeply hurt someone. Don't you feel the least bit ashamed makng such a thread..</font>
obviously i would not have posted this if i seriously thought it would have hurt anyone. just like i'm sure that all the people that posted joke replies in this thread would not have done so either.

i don't feel "ashamed" about laughing at that site when i first saw it - or wanting to share what i thought was funny with other people. anymore than i feel ashamed laughing at those silly *dead baby jokes* and *what's the most painful way to die* games that i compared this to earlier.

sometimes we laugh at things that are offensive.

there was a *dead baby joke* thread on this board a few months ago and nobody made an issue out of it. maybe they WOULD have if someone posted "my baby just died, what a terrible thing to joke about".

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">but was this thread REALLY intended to sparke a conversation about people on this board and how they are towards others???</font>
not at all. the purpose of this thread was to get people to post bizarre creative suicide scenarios that would have bizarre results.

apologies to anyone that i may have offended.
Klubmasta Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 11:29 PM   #52

it's all good Will

yo.. I kan't believe no one said anything bout the baby thread.. dats so gross
Old 01-23-2002, 11:32 PM   #53
TRIBE Member

will, you know that for the most part i don't contribute to such negativity as insulting someone or resorting to personal attacks.

to be perfectly honest, i find a lot of the behaviour on this board infantile but largely inoffensive. i understand that you may find this site funny and that's your perogative. i'm not going to dictate what people *should* find humourous.

but can you *not* understand why some might find this offensive? are you just playing devil's advocate?

this site might not propogate *actual* ways to kill yourself, but for one who is in an highly emotional state, rationality is not at the forefront. it may lead to the idea of *viable* ways to commit suicide in those who are already highly suggestible and have the concept implanted in their minds.

most of those who succeed in committing suicide are not those who are looking to seek attention, but desperate individuals who have fantasized about the idea for *months*.

even comments such as "you sick bastards" or "see you in hell" could be considered incentive...what's the point of a life lived if even random people from the internet want to see you dead?

i've struggled, (as some of you already know,) with depression and a diagnosed mental disorder. there have been times when *i* have been so listless and desolate, that suicide seemed as if it were the only option. it has been a struggle to maintain my sense of equillibrium and to realize that my feelings are "irrational" and "this too shall pass". it frightens me to think of those who might not see the "humour" in this.

enough of the morality trip. plans n' friends await and i've wasted too much time today on tribe as it is. peas.

*muah*
~N
Pyrovitae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 11:33 PM   #54
TRIBE Member

sorry, just saw your last post, s'all good.
Pyrovitae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 11:37 PM   #55
ADT

remaining respect for Mr. Will = 0.00000000

sorry dude, most tasteless post I have ever seen..

dont bother apologizing..

v..abstractdatatype
ADT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 11:41 PM   #56
TRIBE Member

too much e will?
TraNceAhoLic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 11:42 PM   #57
TRIBE Member

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Klubmasta Will:
ok, so this thread is (or i am): gauche, horrible, wrong, insensive, disturbing, etc.

lemme ask you guys something (since i doubt anyone will participate in the original purpose of this thread now that it has been deemed so insensitive).

this and other message boards are, at times, filled with personal attacks, harsh insults and people ridiculing certain message board "trolls" (even though many of you argue that the trolls are likely insecure and unhappy with themselves).

in fact, some of the people complaining have, in the past, engaged in some pretty harsh personal attacks against other people for whatever reason.

how is THAT ok when it could SERIOUSLY contribute to someone's actual feelings of depression?

how is that better than a *joke suicide recipe* (like the forementioned one ending up with a guy hanging upside-down with his rightside-up head peering through an office window) which could not possibly be taken seriously by anyone?

i'm just opening this up for debate because i did not see the *joke suicide recipe* site to be any worse than, say, a *dead baby joke* site.

no disrespect intended toward anyone.
</font>
Will i dont think people are suggesting so much that you are a horrible person, or having a suicide recipe is horrible (or whatever the inital point of this thread was)but i do think that its an issue that doesnt go over well in regards to be joked about. it may seem like an issue that can be seen in a lighthearted manner..but having had many friends commit suicide in highschool, to me, there is absolutely nothing humourous about this, no matter what the plan is (holding you head while upside down) in fact it makes me sick. think of the personal issues that are going on in your life, and with your family, then imagine that turned into a joke, or something lighthearted..i think you will find all humour is immediatly lost, and perhaps realize why people dont find this funny.
SUNKIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 11:44 PM   #58
ADT

ps. this thread is not 1/4 as clever as you seem to think it is..

maybe if you get AIDS or something, ill put up some clever posts about AIDS victims that are really interesting, and funny or some shit..

wake up..
ADT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 11:47 PM   #59

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ADT:

v..abstractdatatype
</font>
done base an opinion on someone over meaningless blabber on the net. You dun even know how much shit I've posted on here.. yet Im better than half the adults that post on this board. (so I've been told by many well respected people from the TBK)

your post was kindda harsh.. im pretty sure deep down Will didn't mean to offend anyone. It's just his weird sense of personality.. Lawyers are whack like that sometimes

Old 01-23-2002, 11:47 PM   #60
TRIBE Member

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ADT:

v..abstractdatatype
</font>
everyone makes mistakes, its common for someone to speak before themselves. He seems to have contributed positivley in every other post i've seen him make, rather than this being a pattern of inconsideration.

I agree that the post is tasteless, but i believe he earned license to make a mistake, and im sure you will hope for the same when it's your turn.

he apologized, the damage has already been done, why dwell on it?
Bass-Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 11:58 PM   #61
TRIBE Member

This is just about the most reprehensible thread I have seen posted here.
I am apalled.
PinkAngeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 11:59 PM   #62

haha..
Old 01-24-2002, 02:04 AM   #63
TRIBE Promoter

One time in high school....we had a Funeral Director come in and talk to the class during career day. Someone asked him what was the worst death he had ever seen.

He claimed that a "client" that he had...took a large vat of hot wax and poured it down his throat and nostrils. The wax of course solidified and he suffocated to death.

Mmmmmmm yummmmy.....

solacevip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 02:12 AM   #64
TRIBE Member

not funny (at all)
-Mercury- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 02:15 AM   #65
TRIBE Member

TRES FUNNY

keep it up Will.

i personally wouldn't do the car accident thing, i mean, what if you didn't die?

you would be left feeling like the biggest wanker that ever lived.

i'd get on a school bus, and stick half my torso out of the window like they always told us not to.

stir-fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 02:18 AM   #66

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PosTMOd:
Let's play a different game:

The Best Way to Kill Klubmasta
  • Klub him like a baby seal
  • Seal his ass shut with a klub
  • Shut him into a klub with a million hungry baby seals
</font>
I hope that this didn't incite anyone to actually commit any of these acts to Will.

Don't do it, I implore you... or baby Jebus will cry and make poopy.

PosTMOd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 04:39 AM   #67
roo

I know a better one...

you fill all your pockets, underwear and bra with chocolate bars and candy
climb to the highest tower you have access too, and jump the ledge.
then
you splatter like a fucking pinata!

and
when people see your corpse, they think 'oh what a shame.. hey cool a snickers bar!' and walk away with a free, tasty treat!!
roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 04:49 AM   #68

HEH!

roo - I was agreeing with the opinions of those who said this was an insensitive post (but not in an intentional way)...until I read your post. LOL!

- Deep_Groove
Deep_Groove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 05:04 AM   #69
roo

cool.
PS
were u the guy who emailed my excite account? cuz my excite account went kaput!
roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 05:18 AM   #70

Nope, that wasn't me...

- Deep_Groove
Deep_Groove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 10:14 AM   #71
TRIBE Member

When I was working at a hospital, I was told that if a patient were to ingest vast amounts of aspirin dissolved in water, there's absolutely nothing they can do for them.
Balzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 10:36 AM   #72

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PinkAngeL:
This is just about the most reprehensible thread I have seen posted here.
I am apalled.
</font>
really?

I don't see that.
While it has failed to keep my interest It's far from appalling. to me at least.

You need to have a sense of humour when it comes to issues like that, other wise that shit will just get you down.

have you never told a racist joke, or made a remark about someone dying?
what the difference? please tell me cause I would really like to know.
Old 01-24-2002, 10:46 AM   #73
TRIBE Member

in relation to my 'torso out of the bus' post, i would like to reconsider, and change the bus to a streetcar. i mean, those damn things come SOOO damn close to each other that it would make it a little easier. Besides, what kind of excuse could I come up with in a time of need so that I could get on a kids school bus and hang my body out the window.
A streetcar it is!

Old 01-24-2002, 10:49 AM   #74
TRIBE Member

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Klubmasta Will:
^^^ all answers from another ubb. i figured some of the more twisted individuals on this board might be able to do better?</font>
Eat vast amounts of unpopped popcorn, then wrap yourself in an electric blanket on high.
Balzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 10:49 AM   #75
TRIBE Member

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Balzz:
Eat vast amounts of unpopped popcorn, then wrap yourself in an electric blanket on high.</font>
BAHAHAHAHAHA