TRIBE - tribe.ca
Home Albums Advertise TRIBE logos Subscribe to TRIBE feed About

Go Back   TRIBE - tribe.ca > TRIBE BOARD > TRIBE Main Forum

GHB, anti aging and Nick Nolte

Old 09-26-2002, 02:12 PM   #1
TRIBE Member

GHB, anti aging and Nick Nolte

ANTI-AGING DRUG LANDS NICK NOLTE IN REHAB

Actor Nick Nolte has checked himself into a posh drug-rehab hospital, Confidential has learned, for what could turn out to be "a long time," sources say.

NICK OF TIME: After Nolte was busted in Malibu, the actor was admitted to Silver Hill Hospital in Connecticut.
Nolte, 61, is undergoing treatment for an addiction to the drug Gamma Hydroxy Butyrate, or GHB – a synthetic drug that has become known as the "date-rape drug, " say sources.

In a liquid form, GHB acts as a depressant and anesthetic. The effects? A feeling of relaxation, tranquility, sensuality, increased libido and a loss of inhibitions.

"Nick isn't a happy camper right now," a source says. "This is a highly addictive drug. Getting rid of an addiction to GHB is one of the hardest things to do, so he may be at the hospital for a long time."

The star of such successful flicks as 48 Hours, The Prince of Tides and Down and Out in Beverly Hills flew by private jet to the East Coast within days of his Sept. 11 arrest on suspicion of DUI in Malibu. He turned up at the Silver Hill Hospital, a drying-out tank in New Canaan, Conn., used by the likes of Billy Joel and Diana Ross, says the source.

There, the source says, Nolte spent three days of detox in the joint's Acute Care Unit, where he was under lockdown, with bed checks every half-hour. Later, he was moved to a regular treatment program.

"He looks horrible," the source tells Confidential's Sheri Faye. "He's been wearing the same clothes since he's been there. His hair is still as wild as it was in his mug shot. He still has that vacant look on his face. And when you talk to him, he isn't making too much sense."

In his usual Hawaiian shirt, Nolte was allegedly at the wheel of his Mercedes-Benz on the Pacific Coast Highway when a cop saw him drive erratically and pulled him over.

The officer found Nolte drooling, disheveled and incoherent. A Breathalyzer test showed Nolte wasn't drunk, cops say, and the results of blood tests are pending. But it was obvious Nolte was on something, and he was booked on suspicion of DUI. If his detox at Silver Hill is telling, he may have been on GHB.

"We are seeing a huge increase in the number of GHB addictions," says Dr. Glen Hanson, acting director of the National Institute on Drug Abuse, who does not treat Nolte. "However, you can't tell from blood tests because GHB disappears from your bloodstream very quickly."

Is the high the only reason to take GHB? Hardly. GHB is better known as the drug sometimes slipped by men into women's drinks to render them semi-comatose so the guys can sexually assault or rape them.

The stuff was once sold in health-products stores when bodybuilders used it for muscle growth. Incidentally, Nolte is a heavy consumer of health products – and the source in Nolte's entourage wonders if the star didn't come across GHB during his well-documented and obsessive search for vitamins, growth hormones and organic foods – a cocktail that, along with hours spent at the gym, Nolte believes keeps him young.

Now, Nolte's hightailed it to rehab, probably on the advice of his lawyers. "I send my clients to rehab," says Stephen Lustig, a Florida lawyer who specializes in defending high-profile DUI cases in the Miami area. "A DUI suspect who goes to rehab on his own is more likely to get a lenient sentence if convicted."

It won't be simple for Nolte to clean up, medical experts warn.

"Someone who is taken off GHB experiences jumpiness and anxiety and high stress," drug-abuse authority Hanson says. "It's not an easy fight."

Published on: September 26, 2002
Jennika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 02:16 PM   #2
TRIBE Member

Re: GHB, anti aging and Nick Nolte

Quote:
Originally posted by Jennika
"He looks horrible," the source tells Confidential's Sheri Faye. "He's been wearing the same clothes since he's been there. His hair is still as wild as it was in his mug shot. He still has that vacant look on his face. And when you talk to him, he isn't making too much sense."
Subsonic Chronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 02:21 PM   #3
ADT

for some twisted reason i find this humorous...

v..abstractdatatype

(i just keep picturing myself on a boat cruise and seeing nick nolte Ging out in the corner.. lol)
ADT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 02:25 PM   #4
TRIBE Member

More Nick Pics

Separated at birth?
Brokenbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 02:35 PM   #5
ADT

OMG... ROTFLMFAO

(this thread just keeps getting funnier)
Old 09-26-2002, 02:40 PM   #6
TRIBE Member

Someone's gonna have to explain this GHB "addiction" thing to me.

When you're doing GHB, the more you do, the more potent it gets. IE: If you take 5ml, should you take another 5ml when you're high starts to wear down, you're going to get even more fucked.

And with GHB being a naturally occuring chemical in the body, would this do anything to prevent an addiction?

I can believe that most anything become habit-forming, but I've never *ever* heard of people being physically addicted to GHB before Nolte got arrested.

Pete
Old 09-26-2002, 02:51 PM   #7
TRIBE Member

Quote:
ANTI-AGING DRUG LANDS NICK NOLTE IN REHAB

undergoing treatment for an addiction to the drug Gamma Hydroxy Butyrate, or GHB

a source says. "This is a highly addictive drug. Getting rid of an addiction to GHB is one of the hardest things to do, so he may be at the hospital for a long time."

"Someone who is taken off GHB experiences jumpiness and anxiety and high stress," drug-abuse authority Hanson says. "It's not an easy fight."

on a side note, last year there was a thread, and i ask DEEP about becoming addicted to GHB, with a response of NO....i am in no way debating what DEEP said as untrue, just cought my eye.

z0-
g0nz0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 02:53 PM   #8
TRIBE Member

Re: Re: GHB, anti aging and Nick Nolte

Quote:
Originally posted by Subsonic Chronic

If you're walking around in that shirt, I hope your on drugs.

jeremy -or got a real good excuse- jive
Jeremy Jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 02:54 PM   #9
TRIBE Member

do a cap, feelin fine
do another, feelin great
do one more, pukin your guts out for hours on end

JayIsBored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 02:54 PM   #10

Didn't Nick Nolte recently admit to shooting junk to get into character for his recent film?

Hmmm... maybe that's why he's feeling so crappy.
kmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 02:56 PM   #11
TRIBE Member

id have to be on some serious drugs to do a love scene with barbara streisand
JayIsBored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 02:58 PM   #12
ADT

Re: Re: Re: GHB, anti aging and Nick Nolte

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy

If you're walking around in that shirt, I hope your on drugs.

jeremy -or got a real good excuse- jive
LOL
Old 09-26-2002, 03:03 PM   #13

Quote:
a cocktail that, along with hours spent at the gym, Nolte believes keeps him young.
Judging by that photo, this is one fountain of youth I don't think I'll be drinking from.

Unless Nick Notle is 125.

adam
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 03:09 PM   #14
TRIBE Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kmac
Didn't Nick Nolte recently admit to shooting junk to get into character for his recent film?

Hmmm... maybe that's why he's feeling so crappy.
Fucking Method Actors.
Lysistrata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 03:09 PM   #15

amazing!!
o0~SCHISM~0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 03:47 PM   #16
TRIBE Member

I remember when GHB was flaoting around the bodybuilders circuit, I totally forgot about that when it resurfaced in the clubs.

Nick Nolte used to be a heavy abuser of alchohol, so his love for GHB is understandable.. all the feeling with minimal damage to his liver
OTIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 04:00 PM   #17
TRIBE Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Subsonic Chronic
Someone's gonna have to explain this GHB "addiction" thing to me.

I can believe that most anything become habit-forming, but I've never *ever* heard of people being physically addicted to GHB before Nolte got arrested.

Pete
It comes from continuously doing it for dayz/weeks upon end. I guess your body gets totally used to doing it.

When you stop, your muscles ache, joints hurt, depressed like someone had stabbed you in the heart, tired but can't sleep, some people can't shit for dayz........bla . bla .bla. It is usually ends in 3 days of total detox. The problem and addiction to it is that if you do anoter cap, ALL THE PAIN GOES AWAY IN 10 minutes..----------->.

Watching someone go through it looked like HELL! But also watching people "weine" (sp.) themselves off by gradually reducing the mL's per day seemed to help the pain immensly. From what I read, its along the lines of heroin Detox.

BTW. In a drunken stuper, I had a conversation with a homeless person (outside comfort Zone BTW. ) who had managed to kick his 7 year addiction to herion by converting to G. Not that one is better than the other.........but is it?!?!?!?!! Dunno, its a hell of a lot cheaper.

To clarify what you were curious about, yes G CAN be very addictive if you do it continuosly.

GRj
Da grunj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 04:01 PM   #18
TRIBE Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Da grunj
To clarify what you were curious about, yes G CAN be very addictive if you do it continuosly.

GRj
Thanks man, I didn't realise that.

Pete
Old 09-26-2002, 04:09 PM   #19
TRIBE Member

Oh- it all makes sense now- have you ever heard this guy talk?
NUTTRRS!
-J
*but he's a good actor.....
cosmiK-Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 04:11 PM   #20

I like Gary Busey better. He has better choppers than Nick Nolte.
kmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 04:28 PM   #21
TRIBE Member

I was addicted to GHB I loved it especially when coming down off of E but to many g outs and how scary it was getting I am proud to say I haven't done g in a long time.
shaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 05:08 PM   #22
TRIBE Member

i saw the most hysterical video clip of Nick Nolte on the Daily Show a few months ago.

he was at his doctor's office getting a physical.

he was trying to prove that hes in tip-top physical condition, despite his age.

you know those breathing tests, where you breathe into a tube and they can measure the strength of your lungs (i would assume its your lungs!)

anyway, hes trying to act all tough, and hes blowing with all his might into this plastic tube, and his face starts to get all red, and he just keeps blowing..
and then all of a sudden, his eyes go all wonky, and he makes this funny, pathetic little noise, and passes out!

dude was standing up, and he just fell over! it was so god damn funny.
Booty Bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 06:38 PM   #23
TRIBE Member

Guy's had a loooooooong history of substance abuse. Nothing new here.
el presidente Highsteppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 08:20 PM   #24

^^
His acting style is very similar to that fact... My man always seems like he is nursing the wrost hang-over
'
(Some dude on MadTV played him to a tee the other night)
kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 08:57 PM   #25
TRIBE Member

Oh man did that hurt,did anyone ever get that E-Jaw pain back in your e-tarded days??(or present if your still doing that crap)

Well fuck I was in pain and laughing my face off.They must be going to the same barber.

Thanks for the laugh that was to funny,my sore jaw thanks you too.
Musical Rush is offline   Reply With Quote