Quantcast
Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A B A Select Start - Page 2 - TRIBE MAGAZINE
TRIBE MAGAZINE
Home Event Listings Advertise TRIBE logos Subscribe to TRIBE feed About

Go Back   TRIBE MAGAZINE > TRIBE BOARD > TRIBE Main Forum

Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A B A Select Start

Old 01-20-2002, 03:58 AM   #26
TRIBE Member

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by aether:
++++ATH0</font>
hahaha
Bass-Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 12:16 PM   #27
TRIBE Member

For some reason ever since I read this thread yesterday things keep popping into my head. Atari 400 and later the 800 were the videogame consoles of my early youth. They played cartridges like Star Raiders and a more arcadelike version of pac-man. Plus I could order these books from scholastic that were stories you needed to program Basic programs to figure out key parts. Geek for life.

Going back even farther we had the Magnavox Odessy 2. The best thing about this system (the games sucked) was that you could feed it text and it would generate a computerized voice saying what you typed. How cool is that for 1981?

m..m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 12:38 PM   #28
TRIBE Member

One toy I had that was pretty useless was the Nintendo ROB Robot. Apparently you were supposed to pick up these spinning discs and move them to a new platform to change the position of some pipes on the screen. Moving the pipes allowed this little professor guy to complete some silly mission he was on. I played this for about a day and then I figured out that legend of zelda was a much better game. To this day it collects dust in my basement.

m..m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 01:50 PM   #29
TRIBE Member

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by m..m:
</font>
"Master. Give me legs!"

Eclectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 01:55 PM   #30
TRIBE Member

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by m..m:
One toy I had that was pretty useless was the Nintendo ROB Robot. Apparently you were supposed to pick up these spinning discs and move them to a new platform to change the position of some pipes on the screen. Moving the pipes allowed this little professor guy to complete some silly mission he was on. I played this for about a day and then I figured out that legend of zelda was a much better game. To this day it collects dust in my basement.

</font>

AH NICE! I got the original Nintendo the first day it came out. And it came with that robot that helped you play this game called Gyromite. You're right it was the most worthless piece of crap thing ever. Zelda for NES is still the best game of all time that's for sure.

juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 02:32 PM   #31
TRIBE Member

wacky packs!
beaker is offline   Reply With Quote