Hell's Angels demand Respect! - Page 2 - TRIBE MAGAZINE
TRIBE MAGAZINE
Home Event Listings Advertise TRIBE logos Subscribe to TRIBE feed About

Go Back   TRIBE MAGAZINE > TRIBE BOARD > TRIBE Main Forum

Hell's Angels demand Respect!

Old 01-16-2002, 10:05 PM   #26

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by louie:
There will never be another Al Capone, you can't compare anything to him or what he did.</font>

Do a search on google for the Arellano - Felix family (Tijuana Cartel). I would wager that they are the most powerful crime family in history. Their wealth and influence dwarfes even that of Capone and Escobar at his peak.

Citibank is finding out the hard way. They bought the Mexican bank Banamex only to find out that a large amount of it's assets were simply passing through the bank to be laundered.
Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 10:20 PM   #27
TRIBE Member

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gizmo:
Citibank is finding out the hard way. They bought the Mexican bank Banamex only to find out that a large amount of it's assets were simply passing through the bank to be laundered. </font>
My GOD that could be the funniest thing I've read in a while. How much did they get taken for?
Ditto Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 10:23 PM   #28

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by groupie:
Sure I'd shake their hand because I value my life... but I wouldn't make the trek all the way to the Holiday Inn with cameras and reporters everywhere to shake their hand.

Mel wanted to shake their hand. That's why everyone considers the handshake so "wrong".
</font>
Come on, you really beleive Mel wanted to shake their hand? Mel is the Mayor of the city, he made his way down there cause he was curious just like everybody else was in the city of Toronto.

louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 11:30 PM   #29

maybe mel went there to try an intimidate the hells angels. The only reason they shoke HIS hand was because he is the mayor of Toronto. Then Mel stole a shirt from one of them.

I think that's what really happened.
Old 01-16-2002, 11:53 PM   #30

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ditto Much:
My GOD that could be the funniest thing I've read in a while. How much did they get taken for?</font>
They haven't released a specific figure or acknowledged this, nor will they.

They just take charges against future earnings and create bogus explanations for them (e.g. firing workers, upgrading technology etc. etc.)

What's more interesting is that Banamex major shareholder and CEO Roberto Hernandez now sits on the board of directors of Citigroup (the world's largest financial services firm) as part of the deal.

He has been linked to the cartels all along. He was charged in the States in '97 for laundering $100 Million for Carlos Salinas the former Mexican president. But somehow mysteriously all the prosecution witnesses started dying violently and a lot of the paper evidence was burnt and lost in a fire. Hence the charges were dropped.

Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 11:54 PM   #31
TRIBE Member

Either Mel doesn't listen to his advisors or his advisors give him bad advice.

The guy loooveeess to be accepted. He's a knob when it comes to social relations.

Supposedly he was close-by & thought...why not go meet the hell's angels? And mel (as he says) never shys away from a handshake.

His various self-contradicting excuses are making him look like an idiot. First he says one thing, then another, and another. They don't play into one story. If you're gonna make a statement, stick by it! Goddamnit!!!

Yeesh!

This was front page news in Québec. Most quebécers are outraged, from what I hear. Mostly because they're having an all-out war with the Hell's Angels. Although there haven't been as many tragedies (murders, crossfires, etc) in Ontario, there have been in Quebec.

Mel Lastman's handshake with a member of the Hell's Angels sparked such a incident because it was disrespectful to the police & to the politicians who are fighting hard against the gangsters.
jus me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 02:53 AM   #32

How the heck do you demand respect???
It's not given, it's earned...
Fir3start3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 02:59 AM   #33
TRIBE Member

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OTIS:

Did you by any chance read the review for this movie?
</font>
Hey, I had to start my movie career somewhere.

Cheers ... Ian
Soundstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 03:34 AM   #34

Mel lastman will win again and will win ever time he runs. Barbara Hall is an idiot, have you ever herd her speak she's a total moron. Mel Lastman is good for business and that is all that what we need in toronto. Business something people on this board no nothing about.
Old 01-17-2002, 01:09 PM   #35

Who would you rather be in bed with Mel, Barbara or the Hell's Angels!
Old 01-17-2002, 01:12 PM   #36
TRIBE Member

I think that Tooker Gomberg could have stood a much better chance if he'd toned down on the shenanigans. I liked his platform, a lot, and he definitely knows what he's doing... but the silly stunts ruined his public image.

Pete
Subsonic Chronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 01:14 PM   #37
TRIBE Member

I think both Mel Lastman, and the Hell's Angels should be kicked really hard in the balls. Then we could put all this stupidity behind us, and move on as a city.
mr tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 01:19 PM   #38
TRIBE Member

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pest:
Who would you rather be in bed with Mel, Barbara or the Hell's Angels!</font>
The bikers, no question.

About Tooker, I agree with Subsonic. And I think his shenanigans were about getting noticed, gettign his name in the paper. I think next election, I'm with the underdog.

Ming.
mingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 01:21 PM   #39
TRIBE Member

For some reason I'm not scared of a Hell's angel that speaks french. For some reason I think that makes him more of a pansy. But an english (US) speaking Hells Angel, "Yes Sir"....
Hi i'm God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 10:10 AM   #40
TRIBE Member

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ~dazed~:
maybe mel went there to try an intimidate the hells angels. </font>
Who's scare of the Hell's Angels? Nooooooooobody!

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*
*SiLver*RoBoT* is offline   Reply With Quote