Quantcast
Closer to the Edit - TRIBE MAGAZINE
TRIBE MAGAZINE
Home Event Listings Advertise TRIBE logos Subscribe to TRIBE feed About

Go Back   TRIBE MAGAZINE > TRIBE BOARD > TRIBE Main Forum

Closer to the Edit

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2002, 10:49 PM   #1
TRIBE Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: In my grocers freezer.
Posts: 8,645
Closer to the Edit

After all the good words I heard about it in the "Top albums of the year" thread, I finally picked it up.

WOW. Firstly it's a brilliant concept. Secondly it's PERFECT for studying/reading to.

I applaud.
AdamAnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 10:58 PM   #2
TRIBE Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Buy & Sell Forum
Posts: 9,023
Bad choice of thread title ... everyone is probably going to come in here thinking that you've almost convinced alex to reinstate the edit button.

Cheers ... Ian
Soundstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 11:00 PM   #3
zoo
TRIBE Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: putting swords in scabbards
Posts: 32,780
It is a good mix, I agree.

Very chillin techno.

I thought richie's dex efx + 909 was his prime, but de:9 is even better in a different way.
zoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 11:02 PM   #4
TRIBE Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: on the black
Posts: 3,018
Mixmag Live was Hawtins prime.
m..m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 11:05 PM   #5
TRIBE Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: In my grocers freezer.
Posts: 8,645
LOL @ Ian! Funny stuff.
AdamAnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 11:32 PM   #6
Boo
TRIBE Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: In the neon claws of Gamblor
Posts: 4,379
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Soundstream:
Bad choice of thread title ... everyone is probably going to come in here thinking that you've almost convinced alex to reinstate the edit button.

Cheers ... Ian
</font>
I honestly thought that's what it was I thought he had the inside scoop on the holy grail of buttons.
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 03:34 AM   #7
TRIBE Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: sadville
Posts: 15,402
i was stuck between de9: closer to the edit and LFO's ADVANCE the other day, and i oly had a 20$ gift certificate

i got lfo...

but i regret not picking ritchie.
damn.

advance is still a great album though

next time i buy de9 for sure

p[l]a+0
Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 11:17 AM   #8
TRIBE Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: hey everybody, this food is hot
Posts: 34,156
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Soundstream:
Bad choice of thread title ... everyone is probably going to come in here thinking that you've almost convinced alex to reinstate the edit button.

Cheers ... Ian
</font>
That's what I thought too.
mingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 11:21 AM   #9
TRIBE Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: booyakastan
Posts: 6,645
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by zoo:
It is a good mix, I agree.

Very chillin techno.

I thought richie's dex efx + 909 was his prime, but de:9 is even better in a different way.
</font>

It's not really a mix. More of a 50+ minute track.

I have a feeling he did the whole thing in ACID, just layering different different loops on top of each other. No actual turntable DJing was involved.

Still, one of my favorite CD's from last year.
Gunark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 11:34 AM   #10
TRIBE Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: FREE!
Posts: 9,023
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gunark:

It's not really a mix. More of a 50+ minute track.

I have a feeling he did the whole thing in ACID, just layering different different loops on top of each other. No actual turntable DJing was involved.

Still, one of my favorite CD's from last year.
</font>
I disagree. I've heard it a few times, and read the liner notes (mebbe you should do this!)

From what I can gather he took all his loops and remixed them into tracks. He then mixed those tracks (as one would records) using final scratch + effects and then cleaned up the completed mix a once he was finished with it.

Try listening to the album on hits with a nice pair of headphones....

....su-weeet!
The Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:23 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0

Who owns what on TRIBE® | TRIBE® Policy Statements | Monetize your forum with FORUMCAST
Mindful Movement Centre : Pilates, Yoga, and Budokon | Treasure Hunting Finds on Etsy | TORONTO EVENTS GUIDE: TRIBE Event Listings!



1993 - 2015 TRIBE COMMUNICATIONS INC.