Nobody Cares...

Old 07-22-2008, 09:51 AM   #27501
TRIBE Member

Boss Hog is having a bad day.
First the tie, then the chai.
mariazmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:52 AM   #27502
TRIBE Member

I think the really flamboyant gays put up with allot of shit in grade school / high school and now tend to take it out on others and still carry that chip on their shoulder.

I had a pretty easy go of things, most people thought I was straight and ended up being pretty shocked when I came out. Don't think a single person I told had the 'oh, I knew all along' response. It was more of a "what?! you?" response.
kaniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:55 AM   #27503
TRIBE Member

ila a lot of the cattiness of gay men has to do with imaturity. For a lot of gay men there is no reason to ever grow up, ie. marriage, kids so they never really stop going out and partying and therefore don't realize how many more important things there are in life then someones appearence or the clothes they are wearing. Katty single 40 year old women are the same way hence why they are bitter and single.
deveator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:56 AM   #27504
TRIBE Member

First the tie, then the chai.
Stick a backpack in my face and die.
Boss Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:56 AM   #27505

smelling like chai isn't a bad thing.
starrshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:56 AM   #27506
TRIBE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESuX
deveator, lys and kaniz:

do you think that the whole sub-niche segregated intolerance is directly related to them feeling like they need to extract some revenge for what they likely went through growing up?

that seems so fucked up, but in a way i'm not surprised.
not consciously, of course, but yes, systematic abuse will spawn a negative outlook. this outlook can be manifest in many ways though, and the specific focus on aesthetics that's already an integral part of gay male culture will make negative outlooks more likely to manifest in superficiality of tyhis sort.
Lysistrata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:00 AM   #27507

Boss Hogg: http://www./2007/07/21/ita...asual-fridays/

Quote:
The Italian health ministry wants businesses (in Italy at least) to ease up on the dress code a bit. The reasoning here is that they think that if people dress more casually (read: comfortably) they won’t need to waste as much energy to compensate for the discrepancy between formality and comfort. If you can dress for comfort then maybe you won’t need as much air conditioning for instance. This seems to make sense. They’re starting with neckties claiming that taking off neckties lowers the body temperature by two or three degrees which means theoretically you will need two or three degrees less worth of air conditioning. For some reason tie makers are being particularly petulant about it.
wearing a necktie
in the summer is stupid
it be hot out yo.
Rajio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:04 AM   #27508
TRIBE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysistrata
not consciously, of course, but yes, systematic abuse will spawn a negative outlook. this outlook can be manifest in many ways though, and the specific focus on aesthetics that's already an integral part of gay male culture will make negative outlooks more likely to manifest in superficiality of tyhis sort.
I also find that the 'gay scene' type people (ie: people who do church street 7 nights a week, and that is their entire world) tend to be very insular, and tend to just feed off of everyone else negativity. When being bitchy and catty to outsiders is the norm for them, then people start doing it because its what they are hearing, and it just increases from there.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:07 AM   #27509
TRIBE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysistrata
so yesterday i jumped out of a plane.

serisously, that's a hell of an experience.
sveeeeet

I am so thinking about this these days. Looking at pictures on here, and friends videos...

I want an adrenaline surge! a roller(bone)coaster might help - but i think i want something extra screamy and exciting!!
deca.dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:07 AM   #27510
ila
TRIBE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deveator
ila a lot of the cattiness of gay men has to do with imaturity. For a lot of gay men there is no reason to ever grow up, ie. marriage, kids so they never really stop going out and partying and therefore don't realize how many more important things there are in life then someones appearence or the clothes they are wearing. Katty single 40 year old women are the same way hence why they are bitter and single.
I know a lot of straight people who aren't growing up who also aren't bitchy.

I think it's just accepted more in certain circles that include some gay men (and their hags) to be fucking cunts to everyone. zero conscience. I think some of them might think they're being ironic...like it's really just an inside joke. or maybe that's giving them too much credit.
ila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:08 AM   #27511

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaniz
I also find that the 'gay scene' type people (ie: people who do church street 7 nights a week, and that is their entire world) tend to be very insular, and tend to just feed off of everyone else negativity. When being bitchy and catty to outsiders is the norm for them, then people start doing it because its what they are hearing, and it just increases from there.
wait, people who do the same thing in teh same places with the same crowd every night of the week can become very insular?!
Old 07-22-2008, 10:13 AM   #27512

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajio
wait, people who do the same thing in teh same places with the same crowd every night of the week can become very insular?!

it depends on if they are more the tie or mouse-ear type.
the ties are more uptight, always with the scathing insults while the ears just want to have fun and dance.
littlejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:15 AM   #27513
TRIBE Promoter

Location: 9 Mississippi, 10 Mississippi, here I come! HA HA, I wish!
I can honestly say that if he wasn't Gay or if this didn't happen in a popular store in the gaybourhood, then I wouldn't have hesitated to smack the shit of him. It was because of this I didn't. I was worried that a big, straight man such as myself would be either verbally or physically laying the smackdown in a gay neighborhood. I also live a block away. It just wouldn't look good
Lil'Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:16 AM   #27514

Old 07-22-2008, 10:20 AM   #27515
TRIBE Member

Quote:
yes, that's why it's important to hang out with different kinds of people and do different kinds of things. like sometimes i hang out with junglists and snort meth, but sometimes i like to put on my beret and go to poetry readings to drink absinthe. it's all about variety.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:21 AM   #27516
TRIBE Member

Alright enough, stop putting down the gays all of you! You know we're fabulous!
deveator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:21 AM   #27517
TRIBE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Timmy
I can honestly say that if he wasn't Gay or if this didn't happen in a popular store in the gaybourhood, then I wouldn't have hesitated to smack the shit of him. It was because of this I didn't. I was worried that a big, straight man such as myself would be either verbally or physically laying the smackdown in a gay neighborhood. I also live a block away. It just wouldn't look good
yeah, violence wouldn't have looked good, your only hope for a comeback was if you could think of something snappy to say.

i'm terribly amused at your capitalization of "gay"!
Old 07-22-2008, 10:22 AM   #27518
TRIBE Member

some days I hang to the left, other days I hang to the right. That's about as spicy as I get.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:28 AM   #27519
TRIBE Member

Quote:
Boss Hogg: http://www./2007/07/21/ita...asual-fridays/

wearing a necktie
in the summer is stupid
it be hot out yo.
Yeah it makes perfect sense, but people are all "but it looks so good!" You know what else looks good? The same people lying in a ditch. It's probably more comfortable too!
Boss Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:31 AM   #27520
TRIBE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrshyne
smelling like chai isn't a bad thing.
you're telling me!

my armpits, THEY SMELL AMAZING!

ila.
JESuX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:33 AM   #27521
TRIBE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila
I know a lot of straight people who aren't growing up who also aren't bitchy.

I think it's just accepted more in certain circles that include some gay men (and their hags) to be fucking cunts to everyone. zero conscience. I think some of them might think they're being ironic...like it's really just an inside joke. or maybe that's giving them too much credit.
i think it's more something that was initially based on "monkey see, monkey do" and has turned into a coping mechanism for their own insecurity.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:33 AM   #27522
ila
TRIBE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESuX
you're telling me!

my armpits, THEY SMELL AMAZING!

ila.
lol

they smell like sour milk, you just don't realize yet.

wait.
ila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:34 AM   #27523
TRIBE Member

y'all're crazy.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:37 AM   #27524
TRIBE Member

~saxophone solo~
mariazmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:38 AM   #27525

my armpits smell like chai too, and it's delightful.
starrshyne is offline   Reply With Quote