worst withdrawl/comedown stories!(of 2001)

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by TraNceAhoLic, Jan 15, 2002.

1. TraNceAhoLic

TraNceAhoLic TRIBE Member

well since we can talk about eating our own and others "ahem " cum' [​IMG]

lets talk about our next favorite topic: drugs

so what was your worst withdrawl or sketchy comedown last year

for me it was definately withdrawl from oxycodone

took it every day for 2 months ended up in the hospital on christmas

back pain, endless runny nose, shitting liquid for a week, not being able to eat or move

'twas rough

and think...it was prescription

best story gets an 8 ball [​IMG]

2. PosTMOd

PosTMOd Well-Known Member

You know, I do my share of drugs, but I've never felt withdrawal...

Of course, comedowns are a different thing...

Coming off shrooms, smoked a nice spliff... all of a sudden, the most intense paranoia-- I was quite certain everyone was whispering about me... was catching just bare snatches of conversation, but I knew that they were talking about me. The talk was all about how they were finally going to let me in on the big secret-- that I didn't really exist... very Matrix-like, but scary as hell...

Then there was the horrible PCP comedown... went to bed (about 8 hours after a large 35mg or so... DO NOT DO THIS MUCH)... woke up with the most horrible feeling in the world... thought I was going to die... bodt temperature went down to 34.8 Celsius... irregular heartbeat... took two sleeping pills, and thought I was going to sleep forever...

3. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

driving home from wemf. [​IMG]

4. Wunderbar

Wunderbar Well-Known Member

Bad comedown story:

I bought a bunk pill in Ibiza, and immediately realized it was poor quality when it crumbled in my mouth. I felt Ok most of the night, but when i was lying in bed I was feeling completely fucked up [no afterglow] and my body was twitching.

5. Quirkz

Quirkz TRIBE Member

pcp is weird.. I seem to experience temporal ditzyness the day after.

6. Cheer Bear

Cheer Bear TRIBE Member

Wemf, shrooms, saturday night.

ouch

7. mandapanda

mandapanda TRIBE Member

My last night out at the Gallery. 35 degree HUMID heat the next day. Disgusting. Bad idea. But poor Shaun the chef [​IMG] I thank my lucky stars that I didn't have to work!!!! Was told that if I didn't put on sunglasses I would scare small children. So I staggered around London and went shopping. Frightening sight indeed.

And....the weekend of debauchery that was Clive Henry, Tiesto, Dave Seaman. After Tiesto, could not sleep, was twitching. Pushed off the couch and forced to sleep on cold tile floor, half on a beanbag chair, surrounded by piles of paper and things. Couldn't walk properly and still we forced ourselves to go out to Dave Seaman. But only cos we had already bought tickets.

Never have felt soooooo much like death in my life.

8. DJ Doublecross

DJ Doublecross TRIBE Member

This seems to be a bad combination... happened to me 4 years ago in university rez. Some friends and I did shrooms in one of our rooms, turned out the lights, turned on the winamp visuals, and cranked up some dark drum n bass to rediculous volumes (keep in mind that we had a 12" subwoofer).

Well the shrooms didn't kick in too quickly, so we smoked a joint, upon which i lost most of my bodily/mental control, preferring instead to sink into a beanbag chair for an hour. Well the hour quickly passed, and I got up to go to my room down the hall to get a new tape... upon opening the door, I see our RA, as well as two other floor's RA's there with a concerned look on their face.... apparently they had been knocking loudly on our door for an hour since people above and below us had been complaining about the noise. I was unable to comprehend the situation so I walked past and went to my room to get my tape. When I returned, the RAs were in the room asking questions about drugs and saying the cops were on their way... I ran back to my room, locked the door, and watched out my window as cop cars pulled up to the residence.

I spent the next 4-6 hours lying in bed afraid to open the door because I thought the cops were outside my room... at one point I thought I was going to be insane for the rest of my life, only to be written about in psychology textbooks. I didn't even want to open the door to talk to my roommates.

Maybe that pot was laced with the devil's seed?
    Either way, now I can't do shrooms unless I'm in a remote place, otherwise I think some demon of insanity is following me. [​IMG]

Rob

9. fleaflo

fleaflo TRIBE Member

Ha! Ha! Ha! Rob you are truly an A #1 skanky ass sketchbag!

But I respect that...please continue!

10. redeyes

redeyes TRIBE Member

i don't have to any sketchy stories from 2001 but i got a good one from 2000. any remember pink ck's that were going around in september 2000. they were 100% bunk. some people said they chalked full pcp, all i know is that it give a very intense energy filled high. i went to check out photek dosed one when i got in, dosed another around 3am and everything was going good. one my way home i noticed that i haven't started to come down yet which was kinda strange. when me and my boy got back to his place we split another pill. then the worst sketch ever hit. i couldn't sleep for 24+hrs. i actually went to bed on sunday morning, pretty bad since the party was on friday. during this time my heart was pounding really hard. my friend had it so bad, he held on to his cordless phone all day, just in case he had to call 911. i didn't feel normal until wednesday. ever since then i told myself never again and it about time i started partying repsonsibly. beer and spliff is all you really need.

peace

11. DJ Doublecross

DJ Doublecross TRIBE Member

lol... okay... another time, on Halloween of the same year we had a rez party. I did shrooms and put on a fluorescent-coloured clown wig. Now there were two problems with this situation... first, the wig was too tight, and second, I could see the rainbow-coloured fuzziness at the edges of my vision.
    Combine this with an intense shroom trip, and the headache sent me off into weird angry places... and I started to associate the bad feelings with the bright colours I was seeing at all times. It took me a few hours before I realized the wig was the culprit, so I threw it out the window.

To this day I am afraid of clowns. [​IMG]

Rob
    P.S. what about the time when we did shrooms and decided to walk across campus to the local club? We got sidetracked trying to break in to the football stadium, and, unbeknownst to us, it was 4am by the time we got to the club. We weren't smart enough to look at our watch, so when all we saw was barren concrete, with flyers and random garbage blowing around like tumbleweed, we thought everyone had disappeared in a mass conspiracy. Looking up and seeing the United Way flag flying high atop University Tower in the distance, which we mistook for the flag of Japan (don't ask), we naturally assumed the Japanese had taken over Western in the greatest military coup since Pearl Harbour. And it doesn't help that Western has security cameras on all the buildings, watching you.

Shrooms are fun, no? [​IMG]

12. PosTMOd

Meth.

13. redeyes

redeyes TRIBE Member

^^^that's what i thought. super intense rush followed by a few day of sketch. everybody else that did them that night felt the same.

14. ~Loress~

~Loress~ TRIBE Member

hehe [​IMG]

what about the ride TO wemf??? *lol* [​IMG]

~Lori

15. Bass-Invader

Bass-Invader TRIBE Member

yes, bad bad sketch..worst i'd ever had..

16. KiX

KiX TRIBE Member

Ah yes. We did these to go to Playdium innocently one Friday night and ended up awake for 72 hours straight after that (after only 1 pill). It was the most terrible 72 hours of my entire life. Convieniantly, the 60 somethingth hour proved to be photo day at school. Weee!

=tina=

17. Housey D

Housey D TRIBE Member

I remember there being warnings on Dancesafe and other sights about pink CKs at the time.

18. SpinSugar

SpinSugar TRIBE Member

this one's from a few years ago but its pretty damn sketchy! my friend and i dropped ONE tab of acid at about 7pm on a saturday night and took off to go to a house party. about an hour later i peaked hardcore. i don't remember too much about the night. i was having out of body experiences and just remember rolling around on the floor tearing up tape covers. it was fucked. so around 5am my friends decide to sleep including the one who dropped with me. i was nowhere near sleep. i stayed up watching horrible sunday morning tv. scary preachers and such. i was freaking out completely- i thought i was going to die. my friend was asleep and i was still fucked out of my tree. then i puked all over the couch, which woke up my friends who cleaned me up. then i started crying hysterically. i had a shower and basically sat in a corner and rocked back and forth for a few hours. when my friends finally woke up they went to get pizza quickly. i thought i was officially insane, so i called anyone i knew who had done acid and could help me. they all tried to assure me i was ok. i didn't beleive them so i called kids help phone- i don't know why. my tripping buddy and i decided to go to her house on the other side of town. i sat on the bus sucking on a soother to calm myself and we walked for about a mile. keep in mind the entire time i'm talking my friends ear off about how i'm insane and i'm going to kill myself if this doesn't end soon. at about 9pm at night i'm still fucked, so i thought it would be a good idea to call my parents and tell them their daughter was insane now. my dad picked me up and took me to the hospital where my mom worked. so i sat in the waiting room for 3 hours tripping with my 'rents. the doctor finally saw me and rolled her eyes when i told her what was happening. she gave me a sleeping pill and told me drugs are bad. my mom stayed up with me watching pretty woman while i fell asleep. that has to be one of the sketchiest couple of days ever. needless to say i've never touched acid again. i still have no clue what went wrong.

my other one was the yellow cks last fall. was awake for 3 days, thought i was having a heart attack, had severe paranoia and anxiety attacks, went to the hospital. i'd say that was pretty sketchy as well. but i learned a really good lesson from that experience.

good lord, i must sound like the sketchiest person ever!

plur.....sugar

19. derek

derek TRIBE Member

20. derek

derek TRIBE Member

Scary shit man; your body temp was at hypothermic levels, your probably lucky one of your organs didn't fail.

I had almost the same experience with shurms; smoked a j and got paranoid (probably didn't help that I lived across from 999 Queen W).

21. depraved

depraved TRIBE Member

I picked up some of those yellow CKs and before I tried them, word starting getting around that they were bad news. So I ground them up and bumped them a tiny little bit at a time. Mad energy and a sense of being all powerful. When those ran out I bumped some orange butterflies. That was about somewhere in the middle of a long chronic that started before xmas & kept going thru Feb when I went thru $700 in 4 weekdays just to stay awake at work. Seeing that kinda $ just disappear woke me up.

I pulled the plug on it at the end of February & haven't touched stimulants since.

- Greg

22. Tonedeff

Tonedeff TRIBE Member

Well sheeit kneegrow if you take oxy for two months straight then stop cold turkey of course you are going to end up with a bad case of the howling fantods...I think we need to have a talk about the proper and relatively painless way to wean yourself off narcotics.

Comedowns and withdrawal are two very different things, and I doubt very many of us have experienced true withdrawal--except for tranceholic [​IMG] and comedowns in most cases can be easily be avoided with proper care (benzos, water, vitamins, aminos, nutrition, etc).

I can honestly say I didn't really have a bad comedown in 2001, except for one slightly sketchy day over the holidays but that was my own fault because I was unprepared.

But meth comedowns are without question the nastiest...the only cure is more meth.

23. Guest

Guest Guest

my worst comedown was from mostly alcohol. New years last year, I was in Montreal partying at some lame club. I got there at 12:30. Immediately I started buying drinks and shots and chugging them. I lost count somewhere around 15 or 16. Keep in mind that by this point I had only been there for 20 minutes. Apparently my friend and I left after another hour and at least 5/6 more drinks. I remember nothing from the night. I woke up around 6am in my hotel room, still wasted and started puking. I then passed out again until 6pm. I have only felt as bad as I did when I woke up once or twice in my life.

October 19th I went to see Nick Warren at System. I ended up taking about 3 pills. I didn't dose often as it was and when I did it was usually only a half. I ended up being off my ass. I danced non stop from 11pm until the club closed at 7am. I was still fooked, so we went to "the zone". I'd never been before(for an after party at least) and I'm never going back. I picked a sot when I got there and danced till 11am, stopping only to take another pill. I can't even describe how I felt when I left. I couldn't speak, could barely see... I could barely even think straight. To make matter worse I didn't take my car the night before so that meant a 35 minute subway ride back to finch where I had my parents pick me up. They said I didn't look well and kept asking me if I was okay. I couldn't even form the words to answer them, so I looked straight ahead and said nothing. After this I decided that it was time to stop dosing. It's just too intense for me, and because of the comedown it's just not worth the high anymore.

24. PosTMOd

Kind of waxy, those orange butterflies?

Tested one for someone, positive for speed, ended up eating it-- scraped, sanded, and varnished an old table I found in the garbage... all in the same 10 hour period with no break... and then felt like hell for a day...

Yup, meth comedowns bite, which is why I don't like the stuff, unless some work *really* needs to be done...

25. mcbee

mcbee TRIBE Member

mine started off rather innocently, but took a turn for the worse when we ventured back to Allie's sketchpad after a purephunk party in the summer.
    the afterparty was fun....a few more bumps, some vodka and oj (bad call!), some beer, somme sun on the back porch.

finally decided to go home at 11am. waiting for the fucking bus was a nightmare. my stomach was in knots, the sun was soo hot, a headache was starting, and i was becoming an irritable bitch...

we get home ready to pass out. lying in bed i could feel a migraine headache starting. SO NOT FUN. my room is a 1000 degrees cuz of the sun beaming in. the guy in the apartment above me is blaring hardcore.

it was not a pretty sight. i basically lay in bed and cried myself to sleep.
    oh and i woke up Basic from his sketchy sleep and threw 10$ at him and made him stumble out to the store to get my tylenol. not nice of me, but super nice of him to go!

such a bad morning.
    [​IMG]sarah