1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Worst Comic Strip Ever

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by MBoy, Jan 16, 2002.

1. MBoy

MBoy TRIBE Member

Award goes to "The Family Circus." This I have known for a long time, but today just takes the cake.

Little girl: "Mommy, if the president has an Oval Office, does that mean that Mrs. Bush has an Oval Kitchen?"

Booooo! Dinosaur strips like this one should be forced from the comics page.

-Duncan

2. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

it's for those simple christian types.

my vote goes to marmaduke, not sure if it is still around but every one i've seen lately involves that crazy dog sitting on someones chair.

--craig

3. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

I second both of your nominations. Family Circus is just dumb and repetitive. How many times have I opened ths Saturday funnies to see the same path that Billy took last time he was supposed to go to grandma's.

And marmaduke... they play the same joke over and over. You know that innevitably he's going to steal the guy's chair and then the strip will end with some variation of "that's our marmaduke".

Cathy is one that should be added to the list too. How many times can you freak out about ice cream?

Pete

4. Rosey

Rosey TRIBE Member

'family circus. just sitting up there in the corner waiting to suck.'

not to mention the most sexist, completely outdated piece of crap that still finds publication today.

5. Viceroy

Viceroy TRIBE Member

hahahaha! No Shit!...can't that kid learn how to walk in a straight line to his destination!?

Shhhesh.
    Steve [​IMG]

6. Guest

Guest Guest

7. Klubmasta Will

Klubmasta Will TRIBE Member

the best is when the dad takes the day off and little jeffy fills in with his stick figures.

that kid's gonna be rich one day.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

[​IMG]

9. Sporty Dan

Sporty Dan TRIBE Member

Little Billy from Family Circus is enemy number 1 of Dogbert's New Ruling Class. When Dogbert takes over the world, you can be sure he will be destroyed.

Also Cathy is a really stupid cartoon.
    .... and I;ve noticed that for some reason a lot of people who love dogs think Marmaduke is the greatest cartoon in the world. I dunno why.... maybe they are all crazy or something.

dan.

10. graham

graham Well-Known TRIBEr

Bill Keane is an asshole

11. vveerrgg

vveerrgg TRIBE Promoter

12. Vote Quimby

Vote Quimby TRIBE Member

hahahahahahahahah

That's soooo wrong. yet soooo funny.

13. sk8

sk8 TRIBE Member

they must have realized that because now she's getting married so she has new stuff to freak out about.

14. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

ahahahaha :D

15. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

I'm voting for the aptly titled Hagar the Horrible.

16. zoo

zoo TRIBE Member

nah i like the classic cartoons

they're all good

garfield, adam, wizard of ID, BC, cathy, farside, beetle baily, blondie ... even doonesbury

i lub them all :)

17. vveerrgg

vveerrgg TRIBE Promoter

18. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

OMGWTFLOLBBQROTFLMAOHAHAHAHAHA first time i laughed out load in the office.

19. terrawrist III

terrawrist III TRIBE Member

ummm..isn't it suppoised to be somewhat satirical??...not really funny exactly but takes a look the role of the first lady...not exactly bazooka joe dumbness here

20. Littlest Hobo

Littlest Hobo TRIBE Member

HEY! I like Hagar. His fat wife is always busting his balls, he has a little incompetent drinking buddy and he's a viking. How is that NOT funny!

Andy Capp? Was this the drunken wife beating limey bastard? I never liked that cartoon. Cathy also stinks.

"For Better or For Worse" is definatey the worst, hands down.

21. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

The Toronto Star's comics page has gone to utter shit.

Oh look...Marmaduke stole his chair!

Hagar's man are idiots!

The middle aged bitch is fat!

Adam needs a coffee!

Dagwood is asleep again!

:rolleyes:

They need to bring back Andy Capp. :D

I'm just happy that the Star doesn't run Garfield.

http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=garfield_sucks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. Evil Dynovac

Evil Dynovac TRIBE Member

I love those Family Circus redo's. Does anyone have a link to a bunch of them.

23. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

I hate Peanuts......

*puts on Flame Retardant Suit*

24. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

That's odd - because Andy Capp is one of the few funny page cartoons that I do like.

I never read them anymore though - too much crap to wade through.

25. vveerrgg

vveerrgg TRIBE Promoter