1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

WinXP clock is fucked

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by SlipperyPete, Jan 16, 2002.

1. SlipperyPete

SlipperyPete TRIBE Member

I've had to adjust the time 3 times today -- I keep losing time on my computers clock -- WTF? Anyone know what the problem is and how I could fix it?

2. stargurl*

stargurl* TRIBE Member

Could be the battery on your motherboard.

3. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

Windows XP sux0rz!

4. SlipperyPete

i think that's unlikely -- just got this comp. brand new like 3 weeks ago

5. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

have you check your anus for alien probe marks?

6. stir-fry

stir-fry TRIBE Member

look on downloads.com for a timekeeper

it'll log into a military time server as many times a day as you tell it to, and change your computers time accordingly.

7. SlipperyPete

checking.....
    "sunny was here"

WTF??

8. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

Damn it, I can't cough and laugh at the same time... LOL!

9. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

but can you cough and snowball at the same time?

10. SlipperyPete

OK -- I'm sitting here with the clock open, and watching the seconds tick by, and maybe 1 second passes for every 4 or 5 seconds in real time.

WTF is going on here??

11. Informental

Informental TRIBE Member

As I know it, Windows takes the clock from your BIOS.. try replacing the battery, it does not matter if its a new motherboard or not.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

<snooty voice> well, my XP downloads the right time off an atomic clock through the internet once a week, so it is always precisely right.</snooty voice>

13. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

So if it is "always precisely right", why does it have to download the correct time every week?

Cheers ... Ian [​IMG]

14. Gibbon

Gibbon TRIBE Member

Don't bother..it's probably not the battery. Some programs eff up the clock somehow. A month ago I was losing 10 minutes a day but I uninstalled some or other and now it's fine.

Peter

15. KickIT

KickIT TRIBE Member

Another thing with XP... if I double click on an mp3 file, it gets renamed and the file basically becomes unusable.. what the fuck is that? If I didn't spend so much time setting this fucker up, I'd say fuck it.

16. KiX

KiX TRIBE Member

That happened to me too (i have win98)... it was half an hour early yesterday, almost missed my class.

=tina=

17. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

Computers are only as good as their users [​IMG]

pr0nstar Runs!

18. Viceroy

Viceroy TRIBE Member

download.com
    timekeepers

nuff said.
    Peace,
    Steve

19. Guest

Guest Guest

to remain always precisely right.

20. Jazz

Jazz TRIBE Member

Strange ... just last week I noticed that my computer clock lost an hour or something... that has never happened before with this computer...

You would think that with all these high powered processors we have now, that they would be able to keep accurate time for shits sake...

21. SlipperyPete

downloaded a timekeeper yesterday -- dimension 4 -- pretty good, runs in background (no icon on taskbar or anything) and I have it updating the time every 10 minutes. it's regaining about 55 seconds back each time it updates.

55 seconds every ten minutes? JIHAD ON BILL GATES!