1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Why the fuck doesnt Tenaglia ever play Toronto???

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by ADT, Feb 25, 2002.

1. ADT

ADT TRIBE Member

Does he think we are a bunch of wankers or something?

If so, are we a bunch of wankers?

afterall... if he doesnt spin here because there is no demand.. then we are most definitely wankers...

however.. if he doesnt spin here because he doesnt like spinning for Torontonians... then we are even bigger wankers.. afterall.. its Danny...

:(

distressed.. missed the Industry closing party and need a Funk fix NOW...

v..abstractdatatype

2. Tonedeff

Tonedeff TRIBE Member

yes

yes

most definitely yes

yes

3. Libradragon

Libradragon TRIBE Promoter

Danny's very picky with the crowd that he plays for. Or so I hear.

Benson and Hedges booked DT for one of their *small club, big dj* series last year, but i heard that he didn't think much of them.

He was tight with Matt C and Mario, hence the repeated performances at Industry.

He loves Montreal tho - and i believe he's due back in the next month or so. If you can make the trip to Stereo - i strongly suggest you do. I thought he was the best at Industry closing, but that was nothing compared to seeing him at Stereo two months ago.

Un-believable.

4. Par- T

Par- T TRIBE Member

I need a Danny T fix too !!!
    It has been waaaay too long since his visit to the Living Room.
    The withdrawl symtoms are getting worse ...

5. Tonedeff

Tonedeff TRIBE Member

In all seriousness I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that DT loves Vinyl and playing for a nyc crowd; it's his home and he is very reluctant to be away from his residency unless it is a very special occasion (eg WMC in Miami).

The Toronto scene probably deserves a couple of yearly shots of DT, but what venue other than the Guv could do him justice? To be totally honest, Vinyl is kind of a dump, it's just a room with an average sound system. But the music and the vibe/crowd (hit and miss at times) totally make the experience. I'm sure Toronto could put that kind of night on for DT, but because he doesn't go too often if would have to be a huge venue because everyone will want to go.

Seeing him at Vinyl on a good night is definitely worth the trip to nyc though.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I have never seen DT in my life and he is head and shoulders above every other DJ who I want to see/hear/experience.

The recent Montreal show was particularly dissapointing to miss - my favorite club/city/DJ and I was stuck here in Ontario.

That will surely not happen again. I have heard from a friend connected with Stereo that he will be playing there this spring. When he does, I'll be driving, and I'll cram as many of you into my car as I can. :)

7. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

I've only ever seen Danny at Vinyl in NYC. That place is so much like Industry - the venue, the vibe, the crowd, the dark corners, etc. It was one of the greatest clubbing moments I've ever experienced. He educated the crowd on the roots of dance music that night. I think Danny felt really comfortable with Industry, it's crowd, the owners, etc. Over the years they built a strong relationship. Where can he possibly play that can compare in Toronto?

I was really looking forward seeing to him at Mecca. :(
    Imagine Danny T in the basement of Element!?
    Seriously...I'd pay $50 for that.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2002
  8. Che

Che TRIBE Member

Josh, I got a seat reserved in your car. :)

There's no way I'm missing the next time he's at Stereo.

Danny Tenaglia IS an experience. He creates vibe unlike any other DJ.

9. Illogistix

Illogistix TRIBE Member

I saw Danny at Vinyl and it was shite. That place is seriously on par with Comfort Zone in terms of decor, sound and clientel. Sketch pads all kinds, plus a few too many nasty looking ho's and the place had no vibe. I guess I must of caught him on an off night, because even the tracks were nuthin special.

My fondest Danny jam was for sure the one at Guvernment on a thursday night near easter. Apart from the sea of sweaty, shirtless, boys only crowd - the party was slammin. And the tracks were better than that!

10. Karim

Karim TRIBE Member

I'm aching for Danny T as well.....

the king of marathon sets.

:)
    Karim

11. Psyrel

Psyrel TRIBE Member

March 25th @ Space, Miami - 18+ hour set :cool:

...... how much do you hate me now Tom? :p

-Tara.

12. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

It still amazes me everytime I hear how long his sets are.

Pete

13. ADT

ADT TRIBE Member

yah.. whatever.. I danced for 18 hours at WEMF 98... ummmm

yah.. I'm in really good shape

:D

v..abstractdatatype