Why I Love Being In University

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by noahmintz, Mar 4, 2002.

1. noahmintz

noahmintz Well-Known Member

Reason #1 ... it's nap time ... I'm going to sleep :)

stu

2. SUNKIST

SUNKIST TRIBE Member

i just woke up from my nap.
    i however, dont like being in university.

3. noahmintz

Reason #2 ... I'm going to have a quick drink to help put me to sleep

stu

4. Chiclet

Chiclet TRIBE Promoter

I don't like being in University anymore.

Another degree? What was I thinking?!?!?

:(

Waah.

5. Boo

Boo TRIBE Member

Whiners...

You simply can't beat University life...

Compared to working full time its a cakewalk. I've done both, you can't go for a few beers at 1pm like you can in university - or like my brother, who just woke up 15 minutes ago... to go to a class from 6-7.

6. sugar

sugar TRIBE Member

Well, I'm not technically in university anymore...stupid me thought it would be a good idea to do even more school and go to college!

BUT, I am very grateful to be on reading week now. This morning I slept in til 10am, then took a nap from noon til 3pm!!!

Nevertheless, I can't wait to be working fulltime and getting paid for all my hard work, and not having to pay school to do all the shit I do.

7. ADT

ADT TRIBE Member

just wrote a mid-term.. already drinkin.. lookin forward to sleepin

:eek:

v..abstractdatatype

8. Temper Tantrum

Temper Tantrum TRIBE Member

What life is possibly better then school?

You choose what interests you, don't HAVE to go to class, hang out with tons of young people, have your own place (sometimes ;) )..Drink your ass of if you want, play varsity sports, Do geeky extra curric shit.

Man these are 'the best years' of our lives supposedly. I have no complaints.

(Come exam time, tis a different story of course ;) )

~allie~

9. SUNKIST

SUNKIST TRIBE Member

haha ya, until you do all that stuff too much and fail your courses :)

10. noahmintz

Or until you realize you only have a month and a half left of your university life and you try to squeeze in everything you wanted to do but haven't gotten around to in the past 3 1/2 years :(

stu

11. Temper Tantrum

Temper Tantrum TRIBE Member

Isn't the Queen's motto "Work hard, Play hard" ? Someone was telling me just how intense queen's is with their school spirit, Everyone in school jackets, etc.

McGill is more about school apathy. It's like we pride ourselves on doing nothing ;)

Speaking of failing courses, I have to read 5 books for my stupid American Lit. exam on friday

~allie~

12. Bass-Invader

Bass-Invader TRIBE Member

word :(

13. futronic

futronic TRIBE Member

At Queen's it's more like a cult. Don't forget about the ski trip this weekend with Missy and Buffy. Daddy's given us the chalet for the weekend!

:rolleyes:

-- Jay aka Fut

14. Wunderbar

Wunderbar Well-Known Member

12 000 people came out to the homecoming game this year. I don't think 12000 people have come out for a U of T football game over the last 120 football games. The engineers are particularly filled with school spirit.

15. Ms. Fit

Ms. Fit TRIBE Member

what i love about university:

1. intellectual enlightenment; great program @ a great uni
    2. being around people ur own age all the time
    3. being able to decide for yourself like an adult, but have the minimal responsibilties of a kid
    4. good-looking people everywhere (or maybe that's just laurier)
    5. exposed to cooler people

in general, i'm just grateful to be young, ambitious and lucky enough to have this opportunity...there are so many people in the world who don't get the opportunities we do...

what i don't love about university (but can deal with):

1. being poor/tuition
    2. 3 hour long midterms and finals
    3. having your program require you to take courses that you despise
    4. people who are tight with sharing/letting ppl photocopy their notes, then a few days later ask you for help/assignment answers. please!

in general the good> the bad!:)

16. madnezz

madnezz TRIBE Member

Is what I think you meant to say *grin*

adios
    Laura

17. PosTMOd

PosTMOd Well-Known Member

Something I miss about university:

Chewing out people who say,"Sorry, that seat is saved...". Nope, sorry, can't save seats, asshole... ten minutes into the class, and they are "saving" a seat so they can sit near the front and TALK.

One time I saved a whole row of seats, and gave them to random people I didn't even know.

18. Cameron

Cameron TRIBE Member

Best part of University for me so far:

Working your ass off, and it actually paying off.

19. Wunderbar

Wunderbar Well-Known Member

As you can tell, I did not major in English!

20. swilly

swilly TRIBE Member

i dont know what you guyz are talking about all i do is work and sleep. The only thing university is good for is depriving me of sleep and money. However we all must do it and my summer job this summer in swaziland will make all the work i have done pay off so maybe you are right and it is fun.
    swilly

21. Psyklone

Psyklone TRIBE Promoter

I hate school.

The best years of my life ain't in university, but in high school.

I hate school.

Psyklone

22. j bunny 2000

j bunny 2000 TRIBE Member

university Rules!!!!
    You totally create your own lifestyle!! Like right now i have 3 days of classes and no classes before 12. its great cause most of the classes only have 2 exams and a paper so there is loads of time for partying! Its like delaying the absolute responsiblity of adulthood with all the fun benefits:eek:
    the only bad part is most of the time your broke, but so is everyone else so its no biggie:D

cheers
    jess

23. HC_P

HC_P TRIBE Member

So true, yet there are a large amount of BMWs, Mercedes, and other nice cars at my Uni (Waterloo that is). There's even an M3 parked in one of the lots I walk through everyday, and its a student who owns it...

I'm definitely not saying that Waterloo doesn't have poor students, because I'm definitely one of them :)

Albert.

24. air-bag

air-bag TRIBE Member

university changed me

25. statira

statira TRIBE Member

I can't believe my university career is almost over!! Although i'm really excited and thought i would never see this day i still can't believe its going to be over for good! I hate being broke to but thanks to laurier giving me over 2000 in bursaries this semester i'm not complaining!!

ang:)