Who's smarter than Bill Gates?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by SlipperyPete, Jan 22, 2002.

1. SlipperyPete

SlipperyPete TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

Deep will FUCK YOU UP Bill!!

2. SlipperyPete

ps. sorry about the picture -- the best one I could find of you on short notice...besides the goofiness of the pic,
    deep > bill gates

however both men have licked young james...

3. DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis TRIBE Member

Im Smarter Than Bill Gates :)

4. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

deep is a moron, end of thread!

5. SlipperyPete

nonono
    he helped me bigtime with a couple of XP issues. then we traded insults about the damn texans.

6. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

Well if you're running XP, you're a moron too!

7. DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis TRIBE Member

XP SUCKS!!!!

i ran it for 2 days

it was so unstable i ghosted windows 2000 back onto my system

8. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

See this man is smart.

pr0nstar [​IMG]

9. PosTMOd

PosTMOd Well-Known Member

Bill Gates is like Madonna... not talented, just a very good marketer...

He bought DOS from some guy for $50,000 and it went from there... really, he is no smarter than the average dude when it comes to computers...

10. zoo

zoo TRIBE Member

I bought bill gates's book "THE ROAD AHEAD"

I paid around $7 for it

And it even came with a free cd-rom !!

Watch the movie "THE PIRATES OF SILICON VALLEY"

Available at blockbuster, it's a fun look at the way IBM / APPLE / MICROSOFT developed

11. TaCk OnE?

TaCk OnE? TRIBE Member

litterally it apears... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. *sigh*

Just when I thought that photo was gone.

And I hate that photo of me as a young'um

As for Bill Gates and lollipop issues, I was young and needed the money, blah, blah, blah, you know the rest.

From the Ministry of Billy told me his name was only coincidence, "Would the head of Microsoft," he asked me, "have this shitty a haircut?!"

The answer is apperently yes.

Prime MInister Highsteppa

13. PinkAngeL

PinkAngeL TRIBE Member

WOO HOO
    Cheers to the fuck WEMF crew
    We have to do that again next summer.

14. The Kid

The Kid TRIBE Member

What?! You've got to be kidding me...!

15. The Kid

The Kid TRIBE Member

nice tag

16. The Kid

The Kid TRIBE Member

Oh, and that was directed towards the comment about him not being smart, just a really good marketer...

...I disagree witht that.

17. tommysmalls

tommysmalls TRIBE Member

really? marketing is his main talent though - i mean apart from that, what skills does the multi-billionaire have?

18. The Kid

The Kid TRIBE Member

Okay for the sake of argument, lets say you're right, and Gates is just a really good marketer, if that's the case he must be a PHENOMENAL marketer - Think about the number of computers around the world that use his operating system. That's some pretty damn good marketing!

Seriously though, Gates was programming computers at the age of 13. At Harvard (while attending classes) he developed a version of the programming language BASIC for the first microcomputer - the MITS Altair. He was the vision and driving force behind Microsoft, and in the mid 70's saw the potential for the personal computer as a business tool, which it now is.

I think it's pretty absurd to think that Gates became CEO of Microsoft simply on marketing savvy!

19. DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis TRIBE Member

your right about that ... and im smarter than bill gates too (as mentioned above)

20. PosTMOd

Look into the history of the company, and you'll see that he is quite an idiot when it comes to computers, while he knows who to hire, what to buy... in other words, he is a good marketer.

He went to IBM, and he got exclusive rights for DOS... he didn't even HAVE an operating system, and he bought one from someone else...

Then, spent 20 some odd years before finally making a product that looks like (and almost functions as well as) a Mac circa 1985.

He poo-poohed the Internet... luckily, his marketing skills and ability to pump out a shitty buggy product out quickly saved Microsoft from total embarrassment on this front (one reason there are so many security holes in MS products when it comes to the Internet is that they were conceived without it in mind).

Summary: though MS products are ubiquitous, they are buggy as fuck, and basically just shit... but, hell, obviously marketed well, since they *are* ubiquitous. Gates is nowhere near a computer genius, but is he definitely a marketing genius.

21. The Kid

The Kid TRIBE Member

Knowing who to hire and what to buy is good marketing?! I'd call that good business sense. I'm not starting a Bill Gates fan club any time soon - I almost always use Microsoft products at work, so I know how shitty they can be...

...I just couldn't help debating that statement you made - like come on, the CEO of the biggest software company in the world doesn't know much more about computers than the average dude?! I find that hard to believe, man, but hey - who knows mebbe you're right?!

22. PosTMOd

Okay, I probably have an inflated image of what the average person knows about computers, so that's an exaggeration...

He is *obviously* not a computer genius, however. Obvious... and since you use MS products, it must be even more obvious to you...

There are plenty of examples of inferior products becoming ubiquitous over way better ones (VHS over Beta is another one)...

He is so good at marketing (or has a good "business sense"... probably a better term), he actually has you (and many, many others) thinking that he is a computer genius... I would bet that there are plenty of people on this very board reading this very thread that know more about computers than Gates does...

Again, just look at the history of what *he* has *personally* done, and you'll note that he is kind of an idiot when it comes to computers...