Where The Hell Are YOU?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Guest, Feb 26, 2002.

1. H2Whoa

H2Whoa TRIBE Member

ravers? huh? ....perhaps you're the one who's drunk
    if i was your dad i'd teach you to not take text so literally...sheesh

2. AVE

AVE TRIBE Member

amen

some people are real bitches

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Wow what a post.
    That should shut all of you sucky babies up!

4. Guest

Guest Guest

[​IMG]
    Thank you!! I would like to thank the tbk, for allowing me to be a true asshole. I'm so honoured to be recognized by my peers and fellow assholes.....the competetion was tough, and I will hold this moment dear to my heart. Mom & Dad, I love you & thank you. I would like to thank the lord. This one is for you Biggie, I miss you big guy...*sniff* Thank you, thank you all.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I think you should share the award with more then half the people that posted on this topic.

6. LeoGirl

LeoGirl TRIBE Member

OMG, you just proved yourself to be the biggest suck of them all.

That Na na na na na na, he told you attitude just proves it.

:rolleyes:

7. Guest

Guest Guest

First you guys criticize the hockey team, coach and GM. You diss Wayne Gretsky a person who means a lot to this country and has done a lot.
    Then you criticize people for going out and partying on Young Street.
    This is from a message board for a magazine that is focused on Partying.
    I don't get I think something is wrong with you people.
    Next time the city shuts down a club or a rave just remember, how you guys criticized people for partying just because it isn't your cup of tea.

8. LeoGirl

LeoGirl TRIBE Member

HEY didn't Wayne Gretzky become an American Citizen a couple years ago. Or was it dual citizenship, I can't remember?

Just throwin' that one out there. Anyone know?

9. Plato

Plato TRIBE Member

i know he became a sell out

does that help?

p[l]a+0

10. This thread:

[​IMG]

From the Ministry of thank you for brightening my day. Ignorance can be bliss.

Prime Minister Highsteppa

11. AVE

AVE TRIBE Member

Just because you become an american citizen, i don't think you lose canadian citizenship. It must be a dual citizenship, there's no way in hell Gretzky would give up his citizenship to become 100% american

And Plato....how did Gretzky sell out?? Because he didn't move back to Brantford with Ma and Pa, but bought a hockey team instead?? thats retarded

12. vinder

vinder TRIBE Member

just cause people bitched about the canadian team doesn't make them any less fans than those who didn't. look at the leafs for example. ask anyone from toronto, and they'll say they've been a leafs fan forever and that the leafs are their favourite team and that the leafs are going to win the cup. talk to these same people mid season or after the season is over and you'll hear them complain and complain about how bad the team is and what they need to do to fix it.

this has nothing to do with patriotism, and everything about canadian hockey fan mentality. we love our team. we also love to bitch about them.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

That is the stuppidest thing I have ever seen written on this board. Especially after what Wayne Gretsky did this week at the olympics for his country.

14. *SiLver*RoBoT*

*SiLver*RoBoT* TRIBE Member

All I said was that going down to Yonge St. was not everyone's cup of tea. I didn't say the celebration was lame either. But when people jump on parked cars and ruin them or throw the American flag to the ground and stomp all over it, I find it rude and disrespectful - and lame.

In case you didn't notice it was 0.1 percent of the crowd that were really bitching about how Canada sucked. The rest of them voiced their opinions as though they were hockey analysts...this was actually more directed at Pest, since you weren't bitching about us bitching about the Canadian bitches not being able to play the bitchy game called Hockey.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

15. LeoGirl

LeoGirl TRIBE Member

Well that depends... I don't know if he became an American Citizen. That's why I asked.

IF he became an American Citizen, he IS an American Citizen, not a Canadian. However, if he applied for dual Citizenship, then he would be a Dual Citizen. I asked the question because I don't know. Has he abandoned his Canadian roots, or has he just expanded his citizenship of North America.

16. Respect

Respect TRIBE Member

Originally posted by LeoGirl

Well that depends... I don't know if he became an American Citizen. That's why I asked.

IF he became an American Citizen, he IS an American Citizen, not a Canadian. However, if he applied for dual Citizenship, then he would be a Dual Citizen. I asked the question because I don't know. Has he abandoned his Canadian roots, or has he just expanded his citizenship of North America.

As far as I understand, you don't lose your Canadian citizenship by obtaining the citizenship of another country. So if Wayne Gretzky obtained a US citizenship (which he probably did because of marrying janet, but don't quote me on that), he's a dual citizen.

The only way you can "lose" your Canadian citizenship is to directly renounce it. Two examples:

- If you want to officially adopt a title granted by a foreign authority (see Conrad Black and the House of Lords)

- If you want to serve in certain armed forces, like the US Navy (they only allow sole US citizens to serve.)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2002
  17. swenard

swenard TRIBE Member

Unless he lives here for the majority of every year, he does lose his canadain citizenship.

stupid!

I'm going for some fish and chips now!!!!!!

P.S. I don't think he's a sell out! I love Canada! But, if I have enough money to buy a hockey team then I also have enough money to move to, hhhhmmmmmm,anywhere warm.

Bling! Bling!

18. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

by that same argument you could say that most of the other teams were made up from canadians and americans since 90% of all hockey players participating in the olympics were from the NHL. and i'm sure that a good handfull of those that were born in european or russian based countries have received canadian/american citizenship.

just because gretzky has an american green card doesn't mean that he is no longer a canadian. regardless of that piece of paper. he was born and raised in canada and for all intents and purposes he is canadian.

on that same note, for those of you that have moved to canada from another country would you consider yourself strictly canadian? i doubt it.

--craig

19. Respect

Respect TRIBE Member

Originally posted by swenard

Unless he lives here for the majority of every year, he does lose his canadain citizenship.

Incorrect.

He loses his *residency* - which means he isn't subjected to Canadian tax laws, doesn't get health benefits, etc.

You *never* lose your citizenship unless you directly renounce it.

stupid!

AVE is correct, you are incorrect. Maybe you'd better show some more Respect.

20. Respect

Respect TRIBE Member

21. swenard

swenard TRIBE Member

First of all!

You're quoting old laws!

New laws state that you can not hold a duel U.S./CDN citizenship!

At least that is what I was last told by a family member who moved to the U.S.

Sorry, AVE. you're not stupid you're just english(I won't hold it against you);)

22. anticlick

anticlick TRIBE Member

23. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

'kay fine, wording on my part was incorrect.
    Code:
    s/citizenship/residency/g
    my point still holds, and i was agreeing with you Respect

who the hell cares if gretz is an american citizen/resident/green card holder/fukken president. in my and many others eyes he is still considered canadian for the most part - especially when it comes down to hockey.

same can probably be said for lemieux who has been living in the states for almost 20 years.

--craig

24. anticlick

anticlick TRIBE Member

Can I Be A Dual Citizen ?

Yes. According to U.S. law, you can be a citizen of the U.S. and of another country or other countries.

Of course, you should also look to your own country's law, to see if that country will allow you to keep dual citizenship. Canada and the U.K. allow dual citizenship. The international trend is to allow dual citizenship.

Do You Give Up U.S. Citizenship When You Become A Canadian ?

Only if you actually intended to give up U.S. citizenship. The State Department presumes a person intends to retain U.S. citizenship when that person obtains naturalization in or declares allegiance to another country.

This actual policy goes against public belief. Have you ever heard these statements?:

"My father was a U.S. citizen...but he gave it up."
    "My mother voted in Canada and lost her citizenship."
    "The U.S. Consulate once told me I'm not a citizen."
    "My father was born in the U.S. but I can't prove it."
    "I had to choose what country I wanted when I turned 21."
    Most likely, these statements were not true!

This relatively new policy is retroactive. This means that it applies to people who may think they already lost their citizenship--even if the U.S. Consulate already made that finding

[anticlick] This applies both ways - ya gotta renounce your citizenship to "lose" it.

[anticlick] (now if we can only link intelligence with citzenship, maybe we'd lose some dead weight from this country...)

25. LeoGirl

LeoGirl TRIBE Member

Um.....ya think??? :confused: What about those poor kids who have parents in both countries.

Actually, I don't know about US law, but I can name at least three friends who have dual citizenship because of the above point.