Where The Hell Are YOU?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Guest, Feb 26, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hmmmm...last time I check world war II was just slightly more important, but I could be wrong.

The thing is I don't see people cheering for the gold we got in speed skating, Catriona Lemay Doan did a great job.

2. LeoGirl

LeoGirl TRIBE Member

You know you shouldn't knock people for "whining" if you're just gonna turn around and do it yourself. :p

PS. If you actually read some of the replies in this post, I think you might realize that they DO get it.

3. *SiLver*RoBoT*

*SiLver*RoBoT* TRIBE Member

Yes we are happy for what they have accomplished. However, ruining parked cars on King St, or stomping over the U.S. Flag are against the law and/or just plain stupid.

There are different ways to celebrate. Not everyone has to goto Yonge St. and honk their horns and say Canada rules.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

4. Guest

Guest Guest

If you were bright enough you could see that people usually celebrate team sports apposed to individual achievement.
    Hey its a free country if you want to celebrate speed skating victories go ahead. But you have to realiaze hockey is very important to this country.

5. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

I'm *convinced* now that Pest is just a troll account setup by someone else on Tribe for shits and giggles...

But I must figure out who... *puts on Sherlock Holmes hat, lights pipe*

[​IMG]

Pete

6. Guest

Guest Guest

How does one gold medal weight more than another if we're all on the same team? How patriotic is that? I thought it was for all of Canada. Please explain.

7. *SiLver*RoBoT*

*SiLver*RoBoT* TRIBE Member

And if you were bright enough, you would see that the whole world does not revolve around sports.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

8. Klubmasta Will

Klubmasta Will TRIBE Member

i've always been vocal in support of team canada and gretzky. i didn't appreciate the on-street celebration that much, though. a lot of it seemed fake ... like a lot of the people (not all of them) were just looking for an excuse to be idiots. (the celebrations after the 2 world series victories were much better.)

also, badmouthing a very classy team u.s.a. is stupid and it demonstrates ignorance towards the game. regardless of what their coach said, the american team has AWAYS been very respectful of canada. roenick even said, before the game, that he was excited at the chance to play canada because "canada is the best in the world at hockey".

9. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

I did that in the atlantic many years ago, ewwww did someone fart, it stinks in this thread:confused:

Kyfe

10. swenard

swenard TRIBE Member

bitch!, bitch!, bitch!

LOL

I don't know a thing about hockey. but, I jump on the bandwagon when something big is happening. But, only so I can go out and get really drunk and feel like I belong!

11. LeoGirl

LeoGirl TRIBE Member

What does that mean "you have to realize"? Really what does that mean? ME? I don't need to realize anything.

I don't think it's a good idea to imply anything on behalf of an entire country.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Some medals are valued more then others it is that simple. More people were interested in the hockey then short track speed skating. Getting medals in short track speed skating is great but you can only get so excited for a sport that could start and finish before you get back from the bathroom.

13. swenard

swenard TRIBE Member

I personally watch the olypmics for the amateur side of it. Which is what the olympics is all about! So when I watch pro atheletes compete, it doesn't get me any more excited then watching the leafs play on a saturday night. So to me the short track speed skating or any other small sport is 10x more exciting than watching pros play a sport they get paid millions of dollars to play!

Shawn<----its all about the little people!

14. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

the topic is pictures!

Please be patient Hijack in process

[​IMG]

Kyfe

15. deep

deep TRIBE Member

GO TEAM IGNORE LIST!!!!!

16. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

Kyfe

17. daddyiwantchocolate

daddyiwantchocolate TRIBE Member

Re: the topic is pictures!

I LOVE it! I can't see a thing...

Is pest still talking like he's got 10 cocks hanging out his mouth?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

18. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

are you trying to imply that Pest is on your list?
    thats not very nice and you'll have less opportunity to test your whit...

Kyfe

19. Guest

Guest Guest

Let's face it there is way more patrotism in other communities within the city then there is on this bored.
    It's very sad.

20. deep

deep TRIBE Member

He's boring, predictable, uninteresting, obvious, blatant, etc. My wit requires atleast semi-worthy victims.

21. Guest

Guest Guest

I agree with kyfe why do you go on a meassage board if you don't want to hear different points of view.
    Well you don't knows what you are missing.

22. seeker

seeker TRIBE Member

[​IMG]
    Cave Troll? Is this the kind of Pest we have?

23. Plato

Plato TRIBE Member

pest = moustache de alexd
    ????????????????????????

which would mean;

pest = housey d = d.code = moustache de alexd

but then what about galactic phantom? and toronto jungle?

doesnt alexd check ip numbers??
    :confused:

oh i dont know...

now for pointless images

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

p[l]a+0

24. LeoGirl

LeoGirl TRIBE Member

good point!!!

25. Guest

Guest Guest

I say a lot of things on this board, sometimes for shock, some for laughs but I usually only say things that I believe in.
    I know some things don't come out right and sound really stupid especially when I post when I am drunk, I think it happens to all us.
    But there are people on this board who are very intelligent and can make me change my mind or attitude without swearing at me. e.g. Mofo in the party review forum under film lounge.
    The point those are the people that diserve respect they don't take ther easy way out and they stand up very intelligently rather than hiding or ignoring.