1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Where can I buy firecrackers in Toronto???

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by rave jedi, Apr 1, 2007.

1. rave jedi

rave jedi TRIBE Member

I would like some help finding a place that sells the big old red Chinese firecrackers with the loudest snap, crackle and pop banging noise in your ears. Please don't just say Chinatown unless you have a specific store's name and their address. Harder than you think when there are communication barriers and that look of distrust when you enter asking for something like firecrackers.:O

Thanks in advance!:cool:

2. coleridge

coleridge TRIBE Member

Firecrackers, good luck. They are illegal afterall in Canada.

3. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

I think you have to be all look same to buy firecrackers in Chinatown - they don't want roundeyes ruining their fun, after all.

Yes, they're illegal, and yet there are always large quantities of them going off in Chinatown and Richmond Hill on Chinese holidays. Hmm...

4. case sensitive

case sensitive TRIBE Member

If you know someone who owns a retail business these guys would do the job

http://kaboomfireworks.com/

They called in Friday asking to rent a truck from me, yeah I don't so :)

5. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

firecrackers are illegal?, then what the shit are those tractor trailers doing selling them on every corner in the summer.....scofflaws

the convenience sotre down the skreet is ALWAYS selling them

6. TaCk OnE?

TaCk OnE? TRIBE Member

they're not illegal in canada...but there used to be a city bi-law that only let you sell them on victoria day and canada day. I think that's changed now though, as there are places to get them along the highway I've noticed.

i have some sonic booms I got last summer when we went skydiving.

kaboom has a few locations too, and I've bought from them as well, but they're usually only open to the public by appointment, or again on canada day/victoria day.

7. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

fireWORKS are legal. fireCRACKERS are not.

8. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

"gimme back my birejackers, you no g-man"