When YOU suddenly become the minority...

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by ADT, Jan 26, 2002.

1. janiecakes

janiecakes TRIBE Member

i can tell y'all that any assumptions you make about the irish are probably correct.

2. t-boy

t-boy TRIBE Member

fuck it is true.

i'm russian and i love cuddling...!

it makes sense though that an ethnic group would have some similar genetic traits, which are generalized by others to be present in the whole group

the cuddling, for example.. because the diverse mixing of genetic pools is only a recent phenomenon, it is possible that us russians have a gene that raises sensitivity or levels of oxytocin. oxytocin is a hormone responsible for "skin bonding". it produces pleasure during touching and sensitizes skin. it is the primary bonding hormone between mother and child, primary bonding hormone between lovers. it is present in pretty much all mammals. oxytocin levels spike during orgasm and labour. oxytocin also binds to dopamine receptors, having analgesic (pain-killing) qualities

so yeah us russians with our oxytocin, look out, or i'll hug you to death :]

3. PosTMOd

PosTMOd Well-Known Member

t-boy, extrapolating to behaviour by telling some wacked out story with a little bit of science, and a lot of speculation ain't a good idea...

generally.

4. t-boy

t-boy TRIBE Member

why not? its just as valid as your ciraudian rhythms causing depression hypothesis. [​IMG]

obviously its a far-out extrapolation, but I never intended it to sound like scientific fact (except the oxytocin info)

haha stop making fun of my whaked out story or i'll piss on your hand

5. PosTMOd

What I mean is sociobiological explanations will inevitably be twisted into "fact"...

Whereas my hypothesis can't really cause problems, sociobiological ones almost always do...

6. Pyrovitae

Pyrovitae TRIBE Member

hmmn hmmn! (shields belly) you should try my chocolate chip cookies.

7. mystique0217

mystique0217 TRIBE Member

i know that all of you are being open minded and talking of your honest thoughts and feelings, but what i have noticed is that
    most of your posts may have based on the stereotyped vision..

cause we gain realization based on the post thoughts regarding on the matter in which there is a change to your original thought.

what i found unique is how i have learned some of your post-thoughts on the certain race people.

it made me sad..
    i know that we all have stereotyped vision of certain race.

like japanese are hard worker and
    weird maniac people when it comes to certain things..or
    italian people are so passionate etc..

but you know, like some people already said,
    we are all the same human, and some are jerks and some are nice.

also, it is all about personalities of the people.

i know a lot of black people who are soo friendly and open mindedly speaking, and yet those who behave in a defensive manner before we can pick on their skin color or something..

i like this place.
    i think that to live in japan when you are not japanese is a very difficult thing,,,because of some people's narrow minded attitude.

but it is all about accepting people for who they are and not based on the skin color right?

whenever i see some sort of comments based on the skin color, it makes me sad...
    just like that, whenever i see some sort of comments based on sexuality or sex, it still bothers me.

cause i just want to believe that we are all the same human.

let's naked and dance and cerebrate our life [​IMG] (just kidding)

just wanted to share my input on this thread.

peace

-Kumi

8. mystique0217

mystique0217 TRIBE Member

cerebrating the difference in the culture is an another thing [​IMG]

9. Guest

Guest Guest

I think everyone on this board is begining to realize that PosTMOD is not the brightest person in the word. The only thing he is good at is insulting others.

10. PosTMOd

Oh shit, the cat's out of the bag now... what to do, what to do?

11. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

put your underwear on your head?

12. PosTMOd

It's funny when someone leaves out an "l", and then I become rubber and they become glue, and whatever they say bounces off me and sticks to them.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

By spelling world like that it seems neither am I!
    LOL

14. Jeffsus

Jeffsus TRIBE Member

i made a conscious commitment to quit posting while drunk.... so.....

15. PosTMOd

... so... that's why your posts are now like a week apart?

16. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

17. PosTMOd

18. KiFe

KiFe TRIBE Member

HAHAHAHAHAHA ^^^^^^^ That dog is sooooo fucking mean!

[kife's tag by janiecakes]

19. Plato

Plato TRIBE Member

^^^ [​IMG]

in my homeland i am viewed by others as a monority/outsider because i dont fit the standard latino appearance.

oh well, i like being an aristocrat [​IMG]

[​IMG]

p[l]a+0

20. graham

graham Well-Known Member

that dog is an asshole

21. PosTMOd

Hounds, I've noticed, are assholes.

Just a personal observation, and I've been to 'Nam, so I know.

22. deep

deep TRIBE Member

you're a negro, aren't you

23. loopdokter

loopdokter TRIBE Promoter

Many moons ago, I used to DJ at this black hip hop club here in Kitchener called 'The Beat'. The Beat was owned by two black guys I knew and got along quite fantastically with.

Anyway, on Friday and Saturday nights, they'd have me come into the club to spin house from around 1 AM onwards and they turned into a bit of an after-hours as a result. As such, I'd always show up a bit early to sink a few beers and settle in before I played.

My first couple of nights there were interesting to say the least. At the door, I got cussed out by these Jamaicans in their native patois (the dialect of English that Jamaicans speak in the poorer neighbourhoods in Jamaica)about my being white and being in the wrong place. When I turned around and started cussing them back in patois, their respect for me grew. Watching their jaws drop was also amusing too! One called me a 'botti boy' ('faggot' but much more severe) and I proceeded to fire off a few nice cusswords that made their eyes pop. It was quite funny.

Each time this happened, I demanded to see the owner so they'd let me in and sure enough, the owner would show up, say I was cool and they'd all give me their secret handshake and such. Once this happened a few times and they realized who I was, they were cool. By the time I left that place, they were begging me to stick around! They'd developed a new respect for house music becuase I'd watch them dance their asses off just like they did to the dancehall and hip hop.

I tell you, I 99% of the time I was the only white face in that place when I showed up to play. At first I felt out of place, but they always ended up making me feel welcome. Quite often around 50% of the patrons would stick around for the remainder of the night even though I was playing house.

I've been to many a black club since, and I've always felt a part of the crowd and enjoyed myself to the fullest.

So the moral of the story is don't judge a book by it's cover. [​IMG] If I see someone who is out of place, I do my best to help make them feel welcomed instead of ostricizing them. Don't make the presumption that you're unwelcome.

Cheers,
    Jay K.

24. Puma

Puma TRIBE Member

Simular thing has happend to me..

For New Years me and a bunch of my friends went to the Bahamas.

When we got there we checked into our room and shit it was like 10 o clock at night. 3 of us white guys went downstairs to see if we can scoore some weed. We saw these two black guys chilling in the parking lot and we uproached them to see if they got any. The guy only had like 2 grams on him but since there was 12 of us all together we needed more so the guy said he can hook us up but he will have to come back with more shit.. My friend asked him if we can go with them .. and the guys said shure,,

So there we were 3 white guys in the back seat in an old beet up mustang with 2 black guys driving us around the island. It was even funyer that one of my friends is 6.9" he never sits in the back seat he could hardly fit. So these two guys drove us around the whole fucken island they showed us everything whats to see and shit.. Took us to their house in the Ghetto where we got the shit and we smoked a couple of blunts with them .. and they drove us all around a bit more and droped us off at the hotel..

Every where we went we were the only whit people around. It was litle unusual not to mention we could of ben killed/robed at any point of our trip. I mean we went to a fucken shack in the midle of no where to chill there and smoke up..

That was the first time in my life that I actualy chilled with black people and it was an eye opening expirence .. and It was prity fucken cool .. It was so cool that the next day we called them again to chill with them and they actualy came to our hotel and shit..

Cool expirence..

not that I am racist or anything like that. It's just I recently moved to Canada and I only realy chill with people from my country so It was truly an expireince..

It's realy sad that usualy white people keep to white people and black people to black people..

Litle P

25. PosTMOd

*bump*

hehe...