When YOU suddenly become the minority...

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by ADT, Jan 26, 2002.

1. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

You guys are getting on Terrawrist's back, when plenty of other people here are making general comments about black people. Like this one.....

Ming.

2. t-boy

t-boy TRIBE Member

YO PING

you can't tell a joke from a serious comment, can you?

ay chihuaha

3. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

Sure! I just don't think Terrawrist's comment is any less or more harmful than the others...

4. stir-fry

stir-fry TRIBE Member

we are going to get along *JUST* fine on the way to the cottage trip [​IMG]

5. PosTMOd

PosTMOd Well-Known Member

I forgot to add, we also smoked crack and played basketball.

6. PosTMOd

The difference is that I am being absurd, thusly the generalization is sarcastic.

Saying a group of people of a certain persuasion are nice and friendly is obviously bullshit, since skin colour has nothing to do with niceness or friendliness...

Don't know why I'm bothering trying to explain, the odds are that you won't understand anyway.

7. PosTMOd

Which one of you will be playing the part of the little Hentai girl?

8. t-boy

t-boy TRIBE Member

well Tina IS coming along.. LOL

ah if she only knew what's in store :]

haha

9. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

Why do you have to be so insulting?
    Really. It makes you look a mean person, which you may not be. Who do you think you are, alluding to the fact that I'm stupid. Don't make assumptions about me. You've never even spoken to me....

10. ADT

ADT TRIBE Member

Im not getting involved in this.. ive hit my fight quota for the week..

[​IMG]

v..abstractdatatype

11. Deep_Groove

Deep_Groove TRIBE Member

Damn you PC people!

Generalizations are inevitable and necessary. They are NOT accurate predictors of behaviour in all cases, so don't act like that's what they're meant to be!

Tell me this, PC police: Just what is the point of talking about "the african-canadian community", "the chinese community" etc. if there are NOT some generalizations to be made about HOW these groups ARE that make them diffenent from other groups? THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING A CULTURAL COMMUNITY!
    It's not a hard and fast RULE, but groups have many common ways to see things and even behave, differently from other groups.

If you couldn't make any generalizations about what a group needs, desires, wants to be like, etc... then why are there DIFFERENT lobby groups for every single cultural community? If everyone is the same, and people in a group have NOTHING in common with people in the same group, then why even bother having this?

Yes, let's ignore the obvious cultural influences that act on someone who belongs to a subculture...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Deep_Groove

12. PosTMOd

Assumptions-- what this thread is about.

We'll have plenty of time to talk during the cottage trip, and until then, I promise not to imply that you may need to wear a helmet.

13. beaker

beaker TRIBE Member

a meat helmet?

14. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

Try being a white DJ and spinning Reggae in a small club full of Black people [​IMG]

or back in the Spectrum days...

Me going to a King Turbo party with literally about 2,000 black people and 3, I counted... white people in there the whole time. And being told in the line "Go home white bwoy" ...

And the same for the Bounty Killer Concert with Scare Dem Krew @ Masonic Temple back in the days, I was the ONLY white person there [​IMG]

But once you get partying and have a good time, skin colour only matters to those that care about it.

pr0nstar [​IMG]

15. PosTMOd

Don't assume.

16. Pyrovitae

Pyrovitae TRIBE Member

i don't appreciate your assumption assuming that i assumed.

17. beaker

beaker TRIBE Member

don't presume to assume that i would be offended.

18. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

to assume makes an ass of you and postmod

19. janiecakes

janiecakes TRIBE Member

it's true though.

mexicans ARE cuddly.

(russians too)

20. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

jane im part mexican [​IMG]

cuddle?

21. janiecakes

janiecakes TRIBE Member

only if you continuously murmur 'white men can't jump' while i'm cuddling you.

22. Pyrovitae

Pyrovitae TRIBE Member

...and i'm part russian. i'm all soft and poke-y.

23. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

24. beaker

beaker TRIBE Member

is this you?

[​IMG]

25. patio-d

patio-d TRIBE Member

funny you say that, cause my #1 whitey out of whiteland experience was also seeing bouny killer. The line-up was something crazy like beenie man, ninja man, bounty killer, yellowan, and enough other dancehall cats, but also roots artists like dennis brown and freddie mcgregor and marcia griffiths. It was at james bond beach in port antonio, jamaica. Everything was so hype... outdoors on a beautiful night, red stripes served until the show ended at sunrise. I think besides my little brother and I (i was 15 and he was 14) there were probably about 4 other random whiteys scattered about at this huge concert. And i had a wicked time, but let me tell you, there was hardly a moment that i didn't feel like a big glowing zit. That night gave me a new perspective for sure...