when did you stop listening to trance? =D

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by ADT, Mar 5, 2002.

1. MBoy

MBoy TRIBE Member

Word.... the fuck.... UP

-Duncan

2. MBoy

MBoy TRIBE Member

P.S.

Go Breakbeat Go

-Duncan

3. kodos

kodos TRIBE Member

sinister funk - jungle funk

what type of music is that?

4. BreakzBroad

BreakzBroad Well-Known Member

haha!!! u know it duncan my friend :D anything with a broken beat is good. a funky broken beat!! :D

*jen*

5. AdRiaN

AdRiaN TRIBE Member

I've heard that "E" will keep you awake. :)

Seriously though, associating a certain genre with a specific drug of choice is not really a valid argument, but rather a convenient way to dismiss the opinions of others.

People started using MDA back in the disco days, then MDMA throughout the 1980s starting with the gay "paradise garage" scene in earlier years and ending with British acid house in later years. Nowadays, ecstasy use is everywhere. In the hip-hop scene, the rock scene, the college frat party scene.

6. MBoy

MBoy TRIBE Member

I wanna Funk. I wanna F-F-F-F-U-N-K

7. Guest

Guest Guest

too much booty in the pants....too much booty in the pants....

8. MBoy

MBoy TRIBE Member

Booty house is also acceptable, especially while watching Bring it On.

9. Chiclet

Chiclet TRIBE Promoter

An apology? lol Am I really that vicious when people 'dis' Trance? :D

*rooaaarrrrrrrrr!*

Be scared!

10. PosTMOd

PosTMOd Well-Known Member

Yes you do. One thing at a time, or your head will explode, like when girls do math.

11. zoo

zoo TRIBE Member

i personally don't know any female mathematicians

and it is a known fact that jeff goldblum played a mathematician in jurassic park as ian malcolm, who non-coincidentally, was male.

math is a four letter word. male is a four letter word. think about it.

i think we can safely put this "females understanding math" question to rest.

12. KiX

KiX TRIBE Member

I stopped loooving hearing trance out at parties once my style of dancing evolved to the way it is now. I can't dance to slower non-funky shit anymore. Just makes no sense.

Though i still listened to it at home a lot, but now i'm just sick of it all together since my trance dj of a roomate blasts the shit all the time. My efforts to drown him out with Blue Rodeo normally fall short.

=tina=

13. KiX

KiX TRIBE Member

and i can't do math.

=tina=

14. Plato

Plato TRIBE Member

i still like trance, mind you i was never all about one single genre at a time like so many people are (damn genre biggots) so i never got sick of it.

but then agian, i was never a big fan of paul van dyk or oakenfold or the gatecrasher compilations (only the designer republic art work).

as for break fans not liking trance, this i dont get.

liek come on, breakbeat trance!?
    nu-skool is very simmilar sometimes.

and even in progressive i find that the bigger tunes tend to be the ones that are more anthemic sounding...much like epic trance anthems would stand out.

im surprised that so many peopel talk about trance being an introductory genre to raving and electronic music for them...i always felt happy hardcore was a much more introductory genre, seeing as how 90% of the songs are remakes and recognizable and follow traditional mainstrem song structures.

p[l]a+0

15. Musical Rush

Musical Rush TRIBE Member

I'll never stop listening to Trance,I just graduated into Goa/Psy Trance.The hard German trance is sweet also,of course I'm speaking of the Overdose label in Germany..

16. swilly

swilly TRIBE Member

i think one of the major reasons for the genre of trance's decline in popularity is due to due to culteral and the spaitial proximty of canadian urban system to the us urban system. i do not know which variable or varibles in particular are the cause of this phenemena. however i have a friend who attends the university of leeds in England and he informed me that trance and hard house ( we know it as uk hard house, however they dont call it uk hard house since leeds is in the uk)is still very popular in england. so perhaps then are culteral and spaitial factors such as the proximity of detroit which i belive is one of the major centers of techno. as well as the influnence of the strong hiphop and house music presence in the united states.0

hmmmm or maybe trance is just really boring and i should get back to my research paper
    swilly

17. kodos

kodos TRIBE Member

idiots

18. Persephone

Persephone TRIBE Member

Yes Plato!!! --> Breakbeat trance is unbelieveable....I wish I heard more of it.

19. noisy

noisy TRIBE Member

I didn't start out listening to trance. The first electronic music I ever heard was house and techno that a friend played for me when we were in grade 8 or 9. I think he got it from his older brother, because we were definitely way too geeky to discover it for ourselves. I'd never heard anything like it before (well, outside of "pump up the volume" and whatever other crap made it to the top 40 and thus to my pubescent ears), and was blown away by it. House and techno were all I knew, so that's what I listened to, particularly house. Years passed before I even heard of trance. I'm glad I did, because I love some of it. I can't name a specific track or set that turned me onto it, but hearing goa for the first time was definitely a pivotal point for me. There's good music to be found within all genres, so I like to mix it up.

The drawback is that by listening to many styles of music one doesn't get to feel the same smug sense of superiority as those, um, hypothetical *insert 1337 post-raver genre of the month here* snobs.

20. Fir3start3r

Fir3start3r TRIBE Member

Oh you mean something like the responses in this post? :p

21. Cheap Ego

Cheap Ego TRIBE Member

When did you stop listening to Swedish Jug Band Musik?

For me it was when Sven Bloweenzeebottel released his THIRD greatest hits compilation. Talk about milking the scene...

22. kodos

kodos TRIBE Member

nothing beats dr bork borkenstein and the flying rubber fish band however..