1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Whats Up Vancouver>>from Chris Laycock Dose Productions>>=)

Discussion in 'Vancouver' started by disko gremlin, Feb 15, 2002.

1. disko gremlin

disko gremlin TRIBE Member

Its been along time since I was actively involved in the rave scene in vancouver... You all probly remember me from Dose productions..and futuristic flavour..when i was part owner...
    just wanted to see how things are going there .. i would like to here the scoop of how things are going there .. if anyone is interested in filling me in ..
    I ve got a new company beening set up now .. called EBOMBS Clothing and ENTERTAINMENT..here in TOronto and barrie..
    Just about to start a 6 week DJ comp .. in march ..
    so far so good ..
    Email me if your up for saying hi..
    I miss you all so much .. its unbelieveable

Take care ..

Chris Laycock ..
    ebombs entertainment ..

2. ninja

ninja TRIBE Member

??

Hey just stumbleled upon your thread I'm keeping point on Van Island here in Victoria . In Van I'm not to sure whats going on I know ET bros just put on frosty5 and they have reopened the plaza for parties Imix and Wett are coming up and I think are there.
    Here in Vic things are messed up. Police are bullies to promoters and lots of little plurry kids. The undergrounds like Spec parties etc are all very fun and relaxed. I have only lived here since Sept whne I moved from the K-W area for university. Hope things are doing alright in ON. I miss Empire and the abundance of jungle.
    that is whats up here from the perspective of Mike

3. gollum

gollum TRIBE Member

Vancouver updates

I just moved here at the start of the year, and compared to Toronto the scene here in Vancouver is dim.

Still a few bright spots, but I think the lack of Transportation is a killer.

Carl Cox played the commodore last night, what an amazing venue, I wish toronto had a place this nice.

I never actually got into the Carl Cox show, sold out, no tickets at the door. Scalpers were selling tickets (or trying to) for 70$.

30$ at the door, for a 4 hour show, just not worth my effort. I guess toronto spoiled me.

If anyone can point me in the direction of some good nights, I'm all ears.

So far the only promissing night I can find is Organix friday nights at club 23.

Cheers

4. Etkulte

Etkulte TRIBE Member

Just curious did anyone make it to Carl Cox?
    If so how was he?

5. gollum

gollum TRIBE Member

I heard it was fucking amazing... They never did let anyone in that was waiting for door sales, from what I have heard.

stupid, no tickets....

I'm going to hit up the Christopher lawrence show at sonar, to get a good hit of cheesy trance.... oh yeah.

6. ninja

ninja TRIBE Member

bwah Chris lawrence her should be coming to Vic too since he postponed his last appearence due to an ear infection.
    the only problem is that all Victoria gets is trance or prog headz .
    I will admit for the size of the city Big ups to people like Brent C and all therest of the people running the nightlife but MORE JUNGLE < BREAKS AND POSSIBLY SOMETHING HARD LIKE GABBER!!! please.
    you cant even buy gabber records in this city and I know that Gabberis kind of childidsh buit I love it and need to go to an eventanywhere VAN>VIC> or SEA. where there is some good hard tunes.
    DOMINIK WHERE ARE YOU! you are needed IN BC ASAP

7. gollum

gollum TRIBE Member

I tried throwing a gabber party in Toronto once, that was the stupidest thing I've ever done...

8. ninja

ninja TRIBE Member

gabber party

hey I'm not really asking for an all gabber party or anything like that but jsut more variety in the music scene out here. I know jungle is making a bit of a comeback in Van compared to when I was out here 2 years ago but still I need variety when I head out to bars/clubs/or even the odd party.
    Down with PROGESSIVE every night of the week

9. ninja

ninja TRIBE Member

oh yea one last thing., techno too. I know I'm just bitching and doing absolutly night about it but what I would give for richie hawtin or adam beyer to be booked at a club here in Vic or even Van. I would brave the ferrie and hop off this hippie commune/insane asylum of an island.

10. MartyMcFly

MartyMcFly TRIBE Promoter

hi chris..
    of course I remember you.

whatsup!!! & next to arron (toronto)
    you ARE the coolest person who ever worked for dose.

Remember this??

[​IMG]