1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

What REALLY went on @ WMC.....

Discussion in 'Jungle Room' started by AVE, Apr 2, 2002.

1. AVE

AVE TRIBE Member

I, for one, am shocked:D

[​IMG]

2. swenard

swenard TRIBE Member

I thought you burned that picture of us!

3. Juan Love

Juan Love TRIBE Member

John B or David Lee Roth?

This man has to be stopped!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. AVE

AVE TRIBE Member

haha!

err, what pic?
    :cool:

5. AVE

AVE TRIBE Member

is that DJ Bailey?

6. Vise

Vise TRIBE Member

Hahaha... oh yes. :D

I forgot to fill you guys in on the madness that was WMC... busy catching up at work. Those pics were from the World of DnB, and yes that is John B holding it down on the mic with both Bailey and Teebee. Pure comedy too... Fresh from Badco even managed to get on the mic during Teebee's set as well. What a wicked night.

The rest of the week was equally mad, we managed to check out United DJs on Friday (with Andy C + Badco, Craze, Patife, Bailey + Storm and others)... a smaller event Saturday... Showcase on Sunday (with Dom + Roland b2b Tech Itch, Andy C, Badco, Mampi Swift), World of DnB on Monday (caught Planet of the Drums crew, John B + Influx Datum, SS + Ray Keith, Roni Size + Krust, Andy C + Badco, Fabio + Grooverider, High Contrast, Bailey, Teebee and more), then both Hardware (POTD, Juju + Marcus Intalex, Dom & Roland, Usual Suspects, Loxy + Ink) and Beatcamp (High Contrast, Goldie, John B) on Tuesday. Madness! Plus of course a bunch of random patios for cocktails during happy hour.

Overall, there were many $7US beers drank (ouch!), and much fun was had... I highly recommend the WMC for anyone with a strong liver and lots of spare cash. I know I'll be back next year.

7. air-bag

air-bag TRIBE Member

^^ :eek:

fuck heaven, i wanna goto WMC when i die

8. Nebu kad

Nebu kad TRIBE Member

john b....what a tweaker!! he must be pure jokes though. compared to that he was fairly restrained on his albulm cover.

9. AVE

AVE TRIBE Member

haha, yeah, John does seem a little crazy eh? Some days disco, some days.....well, Van Halen. He looks like he has fun though!!!

Sounds like you had a good time too vise, i really gotta get down there next year.

Roughly(and i mean roughly)how much moolah did the week cost ya?

10. Vise

Vise TRIBE Member

Hmm... let's see. For me this year, airfare was about $500 and hotel (with 2 people in a room) was $400 each, so $900 or so right there. Spending cash can vary greatly, this year we lived LARGE so I spent somewhere in the neighbourhood of $750 or so, for a total of around $1650 (ouch).

However, if you have more people in a room (ie. 4 or more) and don't live like Jay-Z (ie. more pre-drinking and less drinking in clubs, eat pizza every day) you could probably do it for $350 or less. Trust me... its worth it!!

11. Tricky kid

Tricky kid TRIBE Member

do you have to buy tickets for each night or just cover??
    and how did you know what was going on and where??

12. Vise

Vise TRIBE Member

Just cover... which ranged from $3 (Beatcamp) to $20 (World of DnB). The only dnb event with presales tickets was the Ultra festival, but that event was too expensive ($50US+) and all of the artists were performing at other events so we passed on it.

As for knowing what was going on and where... from a dnb perspective it was easy, my friends at American dnb kept a WMC 2002 Guide on their site. As far as non-dnb events, they distribute a special WMC version of Mixer magazine that lists almost every event for each night, as long as you pick that up early its pretty easy. Plus I've gone for 3 years in a row, so of course I'm in the know. :D

Next year I'm going to make more of an effort to check out some non-dnb events, there were some amazing house, techno, and downtempo/broken beat events I wish I had checked out.