1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

What kind of underwear are you supposed to wear under yoga pants?

Discussion in 'Girl Stuff Forum' started by lucky1, Jan 11, 2012.

1. lucky1

lucky1 TRIBE Member

So I'm not a yogi, and usually i just wear shorts / capris and a t-shirt to work out. But I have a new pair of yoga pants I'd like to wear and I'm not sure what to wear under there!

I'm used to cycling, so with cycling shorts they are tight and you don't wear undies, just the shorts but they are pretty structured. Are yoga pants supposed to be like that, seems kind of.... icky. But with underwear there are the unsightly panty lines since the yoga pants are tight, and wearing a thong to work out seems uncomfortable to me.

The other sport I routinely do is swimming, and it's pretty straight forward, swim suit on, and away you go.
  2. mitsuko souma

mitsuko souma TRIBE Member

Wear nothing under yoga pants! That's the beauty of yoga pants!
    No one wants to work out in a thong and no one wants panty lines either.
  3. Cri

Cri TRIBE Member

I always wear a thong to work out! And definitely in my yoga pants :) You can buy special material exercise thongs..if you don't want to wear just one of your regular pairs.
  4. KillaLadY

KillaLadY TRIBE Member

Thong for sure.
  5. mitsuko souma

LOL, okay I don't want to work out in a thong. I just don't wear
    underwear (much). And I had no idea there were workout thongs either :eek:
  6. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

7. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

I dont really understand when or why or how everyone became so obsessed with panty lines. do you see guys stressing over panty lines? no, cause its fucking stupid.
    like everyone wears underwear, theres a reason everyone wears underwear, like when did it become such a crime to have a line from your underwear. for years women survived with panty lines, little girls have panty lines, old ladies have panty lines, like whats the big deal if you got a fucking panty line once in a while. the world is a ridiculous place. why dont we just all walk around naked all the time, that way there will be no lines of any sort for anyone to get upset about.

lucky if you wanna wear granny underwear under your yoga pants then you go right ahead. I for one have no problem with the fact that you will have panty lines. long live the panty line!!
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  8. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

9. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

guys like everything about panties including the word panties. panties panties panties.

guys do not like having their briefs show through their pants either... I wear boxers partly because of that although mostly because I like my junk to swing free.
  10. chooch

chooch TRIBE Member

11. skyparty

skyparty TRIBE Member

I wear my regular la senza/victoria secret type undies under my yoga-style wear. I find it more comfortable. I do not find thongs comfortable at the gym, and I personally don't like going commando either. I have no issues with panty lines. I care more about working out then a panty line.

You know what I do care about? That I have pants/capris that don't show my ass crack. THAT'S what I care about! lol!

To each their own!
  12. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

amen sister.
  13. rave jedi

rave jedi TRIBE Member

Mental note, for New Year's resolution visit Tribe's "Girl Stuff Forum" more often to hangout with the other male pervs here. Can't believe all the good stuff I've been missing for years here. :D
  14. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

I think the following is relavent to this discussion:

Ladies take note: This video is an excellent guide to appropriate Yoga atire.
  15. Cri

Cri TRIBE Member

wow..she is beautiful and has an amazing yoga practice!
  16. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

as I said elsewhere when that video was posted, I appreciate the snoozing dude in the bed there, he's sleeping well, probably having sweet dreams and he is SO secure in the relationship, he doesn't even need to watch her flexing (you know to stock up on material for later 'review') ... I also appreciate that she is chill enough to not try to wake him up or kick him out of the room while she exercises.
  17. KillaLadY

KillaLadY TRIBE Member

Holy shit, she is stunning!
  18. I_bRAD

I_bRAD TRIBE Member

Probably the same time they realized they were fat, smelly, hairy, dirty and ugly. I blame popular music.
  19. rubytuesday

rubytuesday TRIBE Member

Reading the reviews of lululemon's underwear demonstrates that "VPL" (visible panty line) is indeed something many people care about. It's a good thing lulu sells a "technithong".
  20. lucky1

lucky1 TRIBE Member

What is the deal with lululemon? Stuff looks the same to me as the 25 dollar yoga pants I just got at Winners why do people pay so much for them? A lulelemon thong... are you kidding me?
  21. mitsuko souma

Oh for sure. Winners has tons, and way cheaper. The best thing I can say about my lululemons is I've had em 3 yrs and they still look brand new. LOL at technithong! That sad part is whoever thought of that probably got a promotion.
  22. dj_soo

dj_soo TRIBE Member

this thread is the epitome of first world problems
  23. mitsuko souma

"That problem is so white it should go snowboarding"
  24. SJN

SJN TRIBE Member

As an 'ass' man, I can definitely tell you that Lululemon pants are better than the $25 knock offs :p
  25. mitsuko souma