1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

what happened to jungle/dnb?

Discussion in 'Jungle Room' started by djsubrock, Oct 27, 2015.

1. djsubrock

djsubrock TRIBE Promoter

seriuosly guys are you buying any dnb/jungle? play de doesnt order dnb anymore unless its special order. you guys must be downloading shit. please verify. I still rock vinyl the old fashion way (by digging). I have never bought anything online.

is juno, other onlimne music retailers public? do they disclose sales, geography, etc by genre? if so please advise.

2. djsubrock

djsubrock TRIBE Promoter

ok not much at all coming out
    i heard thru the grapevine from don rajah that dnb is dead, however there are some new rinse junlge riddims kicking around

3. djsubrock

djsubrock TRIBE Promoter

4. recoil

recoil TRIBE Member

There's loads of great jungle/DnB coming out - if anything my problem is I can't keep up with all these releases. I order most of mine straight from the producers or labels.

What styles are you into?

5. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

6. djsubrock

djsubrock TRIBE Promoter

all kinds. from ambient dnb (new source direct remix by demdike stare) to elctro 808 to reggae.dub (7" jungle) stuff to old school hardcore breakbeat (reinforced) man. I came up the first wave stuff, loved the second wave stuff. I have been buying actual jungle and dnb long time bro. since 1992ish. I was ramming some jumping jack frost engineered by dillinja on picture disc in the studio a couple weeks ago.... taht shit was dutty man. you know how long i havent played or seen that shit. long bro. i am not saying i know anything, but things are so soft around these neck of the woods.

i went to a supposed jam at 229 geary only to find no one showed up. the venue was locked and some oriental guy was like "yo there's no jam here... whatever..."

St. James Infirmary
    ^^^
    flop

7. [- FuNKtiOn -]

[- FuNKtiOn -] TRIBE Member

Actually that party is postponed as Kitch (the venue originally scheduled for the event which was located at 229 Geary) closed in January. It's rescheduled for the 13th, this Saturday, at Coalition in Kensington Market.

8. djsubrock

djsubrock TRIBE Promoter

thats great it woudl have been nice to hear from the promoter.
    i emailed them directly and no response.

we have to nurture this shit man or else the gremlins are gonna start crawling around again.

two step and jump up have their place. a few records you know. not the whol fucking set. build drop. build drop. stay home andy c. also what the fuck happend to kids like s.p.y. he was si promising when he listened to what he was told u know. oh well.

9. [- FuNKtiOn -]

[- FuNKtiOn -] TRIBE Member

I just noticed that the email on the blogto address is the wrong address. They were BellaTrixProductions where the email on the page says beallatrixproductions. In fact this event listing has an entirely different email address listed:
    St. James Infirmary Now February 13 @ Coalition: To

I know the promoters, they are good people trying to inject a little rave back into the scene. They actually invest in decor and small little things beyond just setting a dj lineup. While I'm not sure I'll be in attendance as I have other obligations, in the sense of supporting your plea to nurture the scene, I'll still recommend checking out their jams.

10. djsubrock

djsubrock TRIBE Promoter

what happened to moving shadow records?

11. djsubrock

djsubrock TRIBE Promoter

is it all the crystal meth and oxy cotin? cant be... there are no jams to go to.... no one is off their face at non-existent jams...

or maybe they are just off their face, not at jams, sucking that drake the fake sound cash money bullshit, nwa dopeman *&^*!

12. djsubrock

djsubrock TRIBE Promoter

jungle mixed with drum and bass is called dungle or dung for short. lol

13. KTM

KTM TRIBE Member

dj mixed with subrock is called djsubrock or djsuck for short :p

14. djsubrock

djsubrock TRIBE Promoter

15. djsubrock

djsubrock TRIBE Promoter

remember when Goldie was here on a Wednesday at Industry nightclub? and he played hidden camera by photek

16. djsubrock

djsubrock TRIBE Promoter

he must have played jah but I don't remember

17. djsubrock

djsubrock TRIBE Promoter

this week its
    DJuSCK playing the latest DUNG
    and tech-house n trance in the back room

boom chk boom chk booooooooooom chk boom chk

18. djsubrock

djsubrock TRIBE Promoter

the World Health Organization estimates that three billion people cook and