1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

What happened to breaks at NV?

Discussion in 'Breaks Room' started by KittE Kat, Mar 8, 2002.

1. KittE Kat

KittE Kat TRIBE Member

hey everyone,

just wondering what the hell happened to those wicked breaks nites at NV?

first purephunk was throwing it then it got turned over to syrous, and they had jungle on the bottom floor and breaks on the top floor, I went to a couple of those and they were just starting to get good, that is more people were starting to come out and the music was absolutely amazing!

but i haven't seen any posts or upcoming headliners there for awhile and then last friday me and some friends went to check it out and it was some private party going on! can anyone tell me if there will ever be breaks there again??

kat

2. KickIT

KickIT TRIBE Member

The same thing happens to every night they doesn't get good support from the community. The promoter loses his/her shirt and packs it in. Too bad there weren't more supporters like you in the scene. More shit would definitely happen.

*c*

3. afterglow

afterglow TRIBE Member

I went to it once in December.

There was like 5 people there.

That's too bad I suppose.

4. KittE Kat

KittE Kat TRIBE Member

i just don't understand how great breaks went on for so long at that place and hardly anyone ever came...i guess they didn't really promote it very well, so not that many people knew about it but fuck! those breaks were good, how could people NOT know about it???

WE NEED MORE REGULAR BREAKS NITES ON THE WEEKEND!!!

kat

5. Uncle Bobby

Uncle Bobby TRIBE Promoter

^^ yeah, good one.

tell them what they've won!

UB.