what hair place do you go to?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by smile, Jan 24, 2002.

1. caits

caits TRIBE Member

fiorio's on cumberland. they are absolutely amazing and the clients are usually quite cute to watch while a hot man massages your head [​IMG]

2. janiecakes

janiecakes TRIBE Member

is that that place at queen, just west of university?

with all the aveda stuff?

i would like to roll around naked in aveda stuff for the rest of my natural life.

3. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

God <--- First Choice or Topcuts.

4. KickIT

KickIT TRIBE Member

Ya the place is pretty much "the worst" but Gene always cuts me in ahead of anyone else and I never have to tell her how to cut my hair and she gives me the best head massages when she washes my hair. Plus she likes to make fun of the other people who work and patron there, so it's all good.

*c*

5. janiecakes

janiecakes TRIBE Member

chuck, rentboy gets his hair cut there too.

you two are both knobs!

6. kate

kate TRIBE Member

It makes me feel like not such a big loser to see that other people drive really far to get their hair done.

Currently I drive to Barrie to get my hair done, from Toronto, every five weeks. Its insanity, I'm telling you.

However, my hairdresser just decided to start working in Toronto again, so she'll be working at this Purple Hearts place everyone is going on about. WOOOHOO!

7. Jennika

Jennika TRIBE Member

anyone ever been to OZ in Yorkville?

I won a gift certificate to go ther for a cut with Sebastian and am going tomorrow.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

yeah i always tip like 10-15 dollars cuz it is so chill at purple hearts <3

9. graham

graham Well-Known Member

that's the place, at Duncan St, it's just relaxing to spend an hour in there, cup of coffee, massage etc. Aveda kicks ass.

10. Rosey

Rosey TRIBE Member

my bathroom *bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

11. gRoOviegurl

gRoOviegurl TRIBE Member

I need a good place for funky streaks...the place i usually go to is Ray Daniel's and my stylist's does and AWESOME job cutting - I have that really, long but choppy-layed look kinda like Meg Ryan's new do' but much longer...

Anyways, she is VERY timid on colour...I have a dark blond and almost platnium streaks but i want maybe 3 different colours.....something funky I can wear to work.....

So, can anyone recommend a good colourist who is not too drastic but pretty funky who does good noticeable highlights in the T.O. area???????

12. smile

smile Well-Known Member

lucky1: i've been going there for about that long too!

i get my hair cut every saturday at 6pm....i like to kep my fade looking fresh.

13. Cheeka

Cheeka TRIBE Member

Dimitri @ Capucci in Bloor West is really good!

14. teknikal

teknikal TRIBE Member

does anybody know of a decent place in london, ontario? i don't get out much over here, and when i do, i've only seen the crap ass places that butcher your hair.

15. PinkAngeL

PinkAngeL TRIBE Member

I am very good with colour/ highlights if you want to give me a chance.
    email me if you'd like more info.

so far I have done Smiley Jo's hair, Temper Tantrum's, Pronstar's, and Ninjetta's.
    the more the merrier.

16. SpinSugar

SpinSugar TRIBE Member

i'm a hairstylist and it is considered appropriate to tip 15%. although you are not supposed to tip the owner of the salon. you're supposed to give the tip to the person who shampooed your hair, applied the colour, brought you coffee, whatever.

plur......sugar

17. teknikal

teknikal TRIBE Member

RE: tips

what if you're not getting any colouring/shampooing/whatever and just a cut?

18. stryker

stryker TRIBE Member

Up until this last month i've been going to Images in Scarborough for like 8 years but i'm enjoying the shaved head thing right now so I probably not going back until spring!
    Stew

19. daddyiwantchocolate

daddyiwantchocolate TRIBE Member

Tipping:

I tip my colorist 10-20, the wash girl 5 bucks and I rarely tip my stylist as he owns the salon and he gets a 'cut' from everyone else's earnings there anyway.

If he does a spectacular job, then I'll tip him 20.

I find it odd if people don't tip at all - you have to keep in mind that it's a service industy, just like bar-tending and stylists and colorists may rely to some extent on their tips.

20. *tranner*

*tranner* TRIBE Member

I finally got my hair cut for the first time by someone other than my mom. I went to this place inside chateau works, the price wasn't too bad ($25) so I felt, what the hell. The girl that did my cut was awesome, and she left me her home phone number on the business card. Dumb question, but do hairstylists normally do that?

21. afterglow

afterglow TRIBE Member

Bingo.

22. Bean

Bean TRIBE Member

That's where my stylist used to work, before it abruptly shut down...

Peace,

Sabina

.:. Share what you know, learn what you don't .:.

23. Ninjetta

Ninjetta TRIBE Member

I did some sort of benefit hair show for two guys from Purple Hearts, before they had the salon, years back when I was in highschool. Got to wear PVC pants and get many inches hacked off my hair. It was a wikkid night, but I've never been to them since they opened the salon on Queen.

For the last two years I *was* going to L'Attitudes in the Eaton Center to a woman named Phung, but she went on a rampage and quit so I didnt cut my hair for 8 months until last week with PinkAngel, THANK YOU SVET!!! [​IMG] Im very happy now HOORAH!

Janine

24. deep

deep TRIBE Member

attaboy.

I miss shaving my head