What do you want from life?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by pr0nstar, Jan 22, 2002.

1. Heinz57

Heinz57 TRIBE Member

I've decided that i've got absolutely no clue what i want from life...

so i've decided that i'd bust my ass to make sure that the people around me that i love are happy, and that they have the best, and not worry about my own happiness.... that i'll leave in karma's hands and hope i come out of it pretty good..

2. zedtech

zedtech TRIBE Member

What do I want out of life hmmmm.... two things, in order.... A stable FT career and someone who I can happily share my life's experiences with and vice versa. I think I'm finally passing through the whole dating stage and sort of settling down now that I've graduated. Everything else that happens is bonus IMO... Time will tell [​IMG]

3. doughboy

doughboy TRIBE Member

The real question is: When will you stop saying that and actually do it? [​IMG]

I'm sure you have the best of intentions, but you can see how someone can easily get stuck in this pattern of thought.

"I don't know what I want, but I will."

Past history dictates future results. Why not make NOW the time that you do something about it, even something small, instead of resorting back to the comfortable confines of not knowing and not doing.

First you must know, they you must do. Life is way to wonderful a thing to waste doing anything other than trying to reach your full potential and relishing in the joy of knowing you gave it your all.

Jason

4. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

That's totally not what my quote means... [​IMG]

Pffftt!

pr0nstar [​IMG]

5. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

Are you coming over anytime soon to spin?
    Or should I move my tables tonight to my new place?

pr0nstar

6. zedtech

zedtech TRIBE Member

Check yer ICQ when ya get home. I can make it there for 8 for a couple of hours.

7. DarkRave

DarkRave TRIBE Member

hmmm. what do i want out of life? I want laugh [​IMG] lines when get older.

A couple of quotes I came up with recently that will help me get what i want out of life :

" No day is wasted when you have had fun. Especially when it does not go according to plan "

" A day is not wasted when you have made someone happy (including yourself)".

love and laughter..

pen

8. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

Cool, Cool [​IMG]

9. DJAlchemy

DJAlchemy TRIBE Promoter

What I want out of life goes far beyond my ambitions. What I want to be, have a family, travel, etc. are all relatively small goals which I don't beleive really matter in the end. I suppose I'm on some sort of 'quest for knoweldge' but I'm not referring book smarts; really I could care less to memorize equations. What I want out of life is a natural ballance, and an understanding of the world around me. If I manage to live comfortably as well I guess its a bonus. [​IMG]

Peace & love. D

10. Tonedeff

Tonedeff TRIBE Member

I prefer:

The day is wasted if am not

11. Cannabus

Cannabus TRIBE Member

right now?

beer and pretzels....hmmmm beer... [​IMG]

12. Tonedeff

Tonedeff TRIBE Member

The is wasted if I am not.

holding true to form

13. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

I seem to be stuck in this weird thing right now where I'm thinking about the past, the way things WERE...could be a case of the January Blahs, but I don't know...in any case, out of life, it seems cliche but I want to be happy, no matter what I'm doing...I see to many people frusturated with their careers, and not enjoying themselves....at this point, not too sure about the kids thing, that may change...meh.

Bias

14. 416

416 TRIBE Member

Easy Shmeasy.

My girl.
    My friends and Family.
    Lots of laughter.
    A couple books.

In that order.

15. Tonedeff

Tonedeff TRIBE Member

lmao @ my own repeated failures to amuse someone other than myself

16. doughboy

doughboy TRIBE Member

Let's see how many times you've said it, or something to the effect then:

You are saying that you don't know what you want RIGHT NOW, but at some unspecified time in the FUTURE you will.

I challenge you to figure it out now. The longer you wait the more time you'll be spending later on in life wishing you'd done it earlier.

It's just like investing. It pays to do it early, and do it often.

Here's a good question:

When you went to San Fran, did you have a game plan of what you wanted to do, see, and how to get there? YES!!! Then why treat your LIFE any differently?

Jason

17. DarkRave

DarkRave TRIBE Member

Sheer curiosity *no attacks here*, why does it have to be more complicated than that? i.e., I want happiness. Each person has stated their goal in life. Getting to that goal are really just details as long as the goal has been identified no? Life is actumally much more simpler. We make it complicated.

Im really interested in what you think is original as I have re-read this post and have not found "an example" from you.

Once again, no attacks here just simple curiosity. [​IMG]

love and laughter..

pen

18. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

Actually when I went to San Fran, I had a 2 way ticket... and only one plan.

To Relax and go Snowboarding...

I had no idea I was going to Alcatraz, Golden Gate Bridge, Santa Cruz, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Museum of Modern Art, etc...

They just happened. Honestly the Snowboarding and relaxing for 2 weeks without work were my only plans.

And of course I have tiny goals in life now, but they are stupid ones, like pay off some of my student loans, etc... but nothing I view serious.

pr0nstar

19. DarkRave

DarkRave TRIBE Member

LMAO! Dood thanks. May I use it? It can be like a "comedic" break if I get to use both my quotes at the same time.

love and laughter..

pen

20. Tonedeff

Tonedeff TRIBE Member

it's yours...I just hope you have better luck with its proper articulation than I do

third and final attempt:

The.Day.Is.Wasted.If.I.Am.Not.

21. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

Oh wait ... I have another goal.
    I wanna snowboard in the following places before I die.. [​IMG]

Whistler, Vail, Lake Louise, Tremblant, Lake Tahoe (again!) and somewhere in Europe... and if I feel I'm good enough, Heli Boarding in Alaska.

pr0nstar [​IMG]

22. doughboy

doughboy TRIBE Member

You have identified your destination (HAPPINESS), but how are you going to get there? It's like travelling, your destination is the goal, the road map your plan of action to achieve that goal. Do you take a plane, car, train, or do you walk, run, etc. Do you take the scenic route, the path of least resistance, or some other route.

There are so many ways to achieve HAPPINESS that it's mind boggling. What makes us different is what WE DEFINE AS HAPPINESS and how WE CHOOSE TO ACHIEVE IT.

Life is the journey. Therfore, what we do (the details) is what encompasses our life. It's what makes it worth living. Everyone here has been given the GIFT OF LIFE, but what are we all doing with it?

My point was that it's easy to say: I want happiness. It's more difficult to say: This is what I'll do to make myself happy.
    The "I want to be happy" line is so simple and undefined. The challenge in life is FINDING happiness, not identifying that it's what you want to achieve.

My definiton of happiness:

[Classic definition]To be healthy and prosperous in all facets of life. To get to share my life with the people I love and to help them become better people, and encourage them to help me[/Classic definition]

What I'm doing to achieve happiness as I define it:

1. Waking every morning and appreciating the fact that I'm here.

2. Doing everything that I can to improve myself mentally, spiritual, financial, and physically.

3. Sharing a life with the most important person in the world, my girlfriend Jamie.

4. Starting a family with the one I love. Coming August 5, 2001.

5. Searching for a full-time position, in the field I want to be employed, to provide financial for my girlfirend and child.

6. Learning about myself and the people I love to help them and myself become better people.

7. Relaxing with a book, a movie, or some music.

8. Quitting smoking pot, because it hasn't done anything to help with #1.

9. Being friendly, kind, and considerate to everyone I meet, even if they don't return the sentiment.

10. Realizing that there are certain things about myself that I like, and others that need improvement.

Jason

BTW, no attacks felt. Differences of opinion are what gives life it's flavour.

23. Guest

Guest Guest

I think about what I want everyday. And to me.. it seems as tho the more I think.. the more stressed I become, because I can never get the answer. I've made many changes in my life along the years and have created a person whom I love, whom I respect and whom I have confidence in. What saddens me is that on the outside I might look like the happiest being ever, but deep down inside, Im such a lonely gurl. I've always been independant, never wanted anyone to help me with anything because I pushed my limits and made myself achieve my goals. I've always been loved by my family.. and their prolly the number one thing that kept me going this far. As for my friends, haha.. i dun even want to get onto the the topic.. lets just say, I've cut off everyone who has ever done me wrong and will continue do nothing for me exept cause me heart ache and pain. Thus, having one best friend, has open doors for me to move on and reach the top. Career wise, I still have no idea what I really want. If I wasn't so lazy.. I'd prolly become a lawyer. I basically have everything I've ever wanted in my life.. family, friends.. a good head on my shoulders.. but theirs one thing Im lacking.. and as independant as I try to make myself seem, a differnt kind of security, love, passion, confidence and happiness is not there. For now, I don't think I need a boyfriend.. or that special someone, for I have never gone as far as crying about it or thinking it would actually make a difference in my life. So for now.. Im content.. and stable, so it's all good. When it comes time to actually DO something bout it .. then I guess I'll go guy hunting. It's all about fate.

shit.. I wrote a novel.. sorry

24. doughboy

doughboy TRIBE Member

Just to preface this one, since I noticed that it was too vague.

I've smoked pot, on average, once a month since the age of 15 (I'm 25 next month). But I've noticed the average is skewed to the past year or so and have begun to realize that since it doesn't help me achieve happiness, it's gotta go. [​IMG]

Jason

25. Cheeka

Cheeka TRIBE Member

I can't figure out long term at all.
    I change my mind all the time.

short term is the only thing that I can focus on and right now the answer is a big fat drink [​IMG]
    booo today!