1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Weaver @ Element???

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by madnezz, Nov 24, 2001.

1. madnezz

madnezz TRIBE Member

Well what's the scoop?? I'm dying to hear over here!!!! *S*

adios
    Laura

2. me

me TRIBE Member

That's why they call him the best.

3. stretchandhooker

stretchandhooker TRIBE Promoter

Timmy P set up Weaver perfectly as usual, actualy Tim could have kept going and the crowd would not have cared !
    Weaver stepped up and absolutely destroyed the place !
    WOW !
    Kind of reminded me of an old Dose party back in ' 95 Funky Tekno Tribe !
    Aside from the odd skip from the crowd
    bumpin up against the tables, as to be exspected in such an intimate setting, it was another flawless set from the " Dream Weaver "
    Fully educated by Weaver once again ,
    S+H

4. stretchandhooker

stretchandhooker TRIBE Promoter

Edit button please !
    * expected*
    proper spelling ..
    cheers
    s.

5. Joker FX Cha

Joker FX Cha TRIBE Member

Harry Beaver?!

S&H, yeh! Much better ability then sucking.

Timmy, yeh! That was really good actually. A sound the same, as a last year Turbo set.

I can sleep standing up.

B.W. I wasn't really pay'n attention, but it sounded good.

P

6. feisty boy

feisty boy TRIBE Member

i completely agree.
    the last half hour of his set was killer.

amazing crowd and energy in the place.

7. Suke

Suke TRIBE Member

in-yo-face drilling DangerhOUSe, nasty, loopey, percussive, dirty, hands in the air, slap that ass house.

Shazz ... it had to be good if LibraD stayed until 3:45am [​IMG]

Illest record crateS in the world ... no exageration.

Shouts to Par-T-Core,PinkAngel, Smiley Jo, and Futronic for holding down a spot for me when I had to leave. Respect! ... good lookin' out. Fleaflo ... you gotta make room Homes. You gotta make room.

To all the Weaver non-believers ... I just want to say "You're Welcome".

Live @ |Communicate|. Toronto, On. ======================> Suke.

P.S. it's BPTs and sets like that that make me urge for the big parties.

8. Suke

Suke TRIBE Member

Ravin' inside the Element.

9. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

That's the single best description of a full on zoney house set I've ever read.

Word @ Suke.

10. BigBadBaldy

BigBadBaldy TRIBE Member

WHAT!?!

I can not fucking believe I didn't even KNOW about this set.

Shit.

BBB.

11. Finch

Finch TRIBE Member

Was all ready to go...plunked down on the couch to have a smoke and a quick bite before I left and 3...2...1...zzzzZZZzzzZzzZZzzzz

Finally woke up at 2 in da morning, with a horrible crick in my neck from the couch and a nasty feeling in the pit of my stomach because I knew I was missing something that was purely off the hook.

Fuck. Why do we need sleep? I'd like to opt out of that shit, if I could please.

Finch.

12. discodancer_j

discodancer_j TRIBE Member

finch...

it was different but not your bag i'm thinking...so the sleep was worth while

stretch and hooker funked me OUT! that was some great stuff, and timmy put me back at Turbo for real...
    i can't even describe weaver's selection cuz i haven't been exposed to it for so long...
    three words come to mind tho
    funky tekno tribe
    peace out

janICE:>
    ps-Harry beaver WHAT! that's just a joke son!

13. starr

starr TRIBE Member

Weaver owned.
    That's all that really needs to be said.
    I haven't heard a set like that in a long time.
    I've been converted, I am a believer.
    Thanx for the tip Suke...you were bang on as usual [​IMG]

good to see so many tribers out

14. Smiley Jo

Smiley Jo TRIBE Member

I've been comtemplating what to say about this since Friday, because I just don't feel that there are words to describe what happened in the basement of Element on that night.

I felt as though I had to stay in the shower forever once I got home, because that was by far the DIRTIEST house I have EVAR heard.

(BTW that's a good thing.. [​IMG])

It was as though Barry Weaver used the incessant pounding bass to reach inside my soul and took all the inclinations i've ever had that house music just wasn't doing it for me anymore. Then he turned those doubts into a sick build, and threw it right back in my face, as if to say:
    "This is MY house."

If this sounds ridiculous, i'm sorry, but I felt I was enlightened on Friday. I found this drive inside me that I never knew I had, and I loved every minute of it. I found a new inspiration, and now I just want more.

Suke, I hear you about the BPT's. Me too doll, me too...

Had a good crew too, thanks to Svet, Brad, Tom, Suke, Naomi, Dave, Brandon, Jay... all the headz were representin', and the few that weren't were sadly missed. [​IMG]

Props to Timmy, Steve and Wayne as well for holding down the fort.

What a fucking incredible night, and to think I was considering not going... [​IMG]

Joanna [​IMG] <-- "It's all about the zone." Suke '01

15. Libradragon

Libradragon TRIBE Promoter

AMEN to the above statement(s).

I was brought back to Dose - Funky Tekno Tribe days. Tim Patrick unleashed a set so dangerous that when i closed my eyes, I could almost feel the spirit of the raves of old, everyone riding the same wavelength, hands in the air, hearts and heads pounding in unison to the chugging bassline.

The crowd was also electified, and there was another hour until Barry Weaver came on.

But when he got on.......no words can describe the incredible experience he masterfully crafted for us. For a few hours, my body felt like an instrument through which the beat expressed itself...barry weaver styles. Make some room on the bandwagon, coz i'm hopping on.

That was truly one of the best sets i've witnessed.

16. Par- T

Par- T TRIBE Member

My thoughts: same as everyone else. There is a reason why I don't miss the "dream Weaver" whenever he hits the town.

I just wish there was some room to move, I was feeling trapped all evening - LET ME FREE.
    Element gets cowded with only 5 people!

17. fleaflo

fleaflo TRIBE Member

Weave @ Element...take 3!

The crowd...Who are all you people and why the hell were you all having so much fun? I have'nt seen that much enthusiasm at a party for a long long time.

Tim Patrick...WOW! Amazing set to work the crowd into a frenzy before Weaver got on.
    (May I also take this opportunity to say that I dropped into the Comfort Zone Sunday noon and caught your set. Double Wow. Bad ass fukkin set. 2 times in one weekend.)

Barry Weaver...warmed it up a bit, dropping some tracks for the first hour and a bit. But then, just like the last time I saw him, things just changed and it got...

FUCKIN NASTY

That is all the description I will give to sum up the last 2 hrs of the set.

It's the kind of set that renews your partying faith.

18. Stormshadow

Stormshadow TRIBE Member

I should be slapped for not going to this.

19. fleaflo

fleaflo TRIBE Member

Pffffffft pleaze bitch. You should be slapped each morning you wake up [​IMG]

20. madnezz

madnezz TRIBE Member

*LMAO*

adios
    Laura

21. jus me

jus me TRIBE Member

I was there!!!

For an hour or so. I've never seen Weaver live. I was supposed to see him at Turbo a few months back. But he never showed for some reason.

Anyway, I was IMPRESSED! He got the crowd soo hyped up, everyone was just watching the man spin. And of course, givin him "big ups" and screams n shouts. [​IMG] I tried to dance, somewhat but it was waaaayyy too packed.

Everyone seemed REALLY happy to be there and they were enjoying themselves tremendously.

As for the lineup outside, a friend of mine tried to get in at 1am. But they wouldn't let her in, saying it was too crowded downstairs. Why didn't they let her onto the first floor tho? That's another issue tho. Hardly anyone was upstairs is what I'm trying to say.

22. jus me

jus me TRIBE Member

Oops.

Forgot to mention that ...Smiley Jo! If only I knew what you looked like I would've said hello! Damn that pic thread.

Too bad I didn't get to meet some more tbk, I didn't know I was even gonna at Element that day. [​IMG]

23. Smiley Jo

Smiley Jo TRIBE Member

Well next time you're reachin' Element, lemme know! I tend to be there more often than not on Fridays! It'd be great to meet ya! [​IMG]

Joanna [​IMG]

24. Adam Duke

Adam Duke TRIBE Member

doh.

@m.

25. orange richie

orange richie TRIBE Member

I knew he would blow the roof off the place after more anticipation was built for his return to T.O. Too bad I was practically on my death bed Friday night. Way too sick. Flu- pooh... Gotta wait again...

Rickardo Belmiro de la Cruz...