1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Vital @ B-Side

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by funkNstyle, Apr 21, 2001.

1. funkNstyle

funkNstyle TRIBE Member

hahahaha drunk?? i think so!! wkkkid wikkid party, wikkid people, wikkid beats and amazing memories... i'm still very very drunk so i cant think straight.... post more later...

PROPS TO THE VITAL KRU AND WHOEVER U WERE WITH...dun remmeber.

jonny w

hahaha highlight on the nite... mcbee jumping on jonny and both collapsing to the floor cuz jonny was toooooo drunk to hold himself up nevermind sweet, lovable cindy lou...aka..mcbee.

SARAH!! U ARE THE SHIT!!

2. mcbee

mcbee TRIBE Member

well first we have to say that this post is being made just *slightly* after 420...so please bear with us...

as jonny mentioned, one of the highlights tonite was definitely straddling our little wee jonny on the floor of the bside. you make me laugh!!

BUT, definatley a fun nite was had all round. after lots of red wine we finally made it to the bside! so fun!! music was great the whole nite as were all the people who came out!!

another good nite [​IMG] [​IMG]
    must sleep now, slightly drunk [​IMG]

[​IMG]sarah

3. funkNstyle

funkNstyle TRIBE Member

riiiiiight....slighly drunk eh? i think u made me collapse on the floor... not sure hoe yet but there's no way i, jonny was that drunk that he couldnt support light weight sarah and himself.....

*looks around room*

*spin spin spin*

the again maybe i was that drunk....

hahaha all in all a dope time had by me, my sis, sarah and shawn.

lates...
    bed time now...
    Jonny w

4. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

Ohhh, Mouth is dry! [​IMG]

It was fun... music was great, crowd was hype... couldn't of asked for a better friday night for $6 [​IMG]

I had a great time, danced a whole lot and drank a whole lot also.

It was nice meeting all of you, and some again... from whom I remember [​IMG] mcbee, moez, bmd, KiFe, Subsonic, echo and a few others that I think were not on the Tribe board...

Pete "What's this crap?? I call it UKGarbage" ...
    10 Minutes later I see him dancing his ass off to it? [​IMG]

And I finally met KiFe! You fucker, and your cheap mexican beers!

pr0nstar Needs Nourishment! [​IMG]

5. judge wopner

judge wopner TRIBE Member

just want to big up everyone who came last night and reprazented for the ukg,

thx to Vital for helping BackUp w/ their first jam

look out for the next one.....

6. ghetto_ama

ghetto_ama TRIBE Member

Was gunna go - but then ended up jus going to Email.

Sounds like it waS fun... maybe next time!
    [​IMG]

-Ama

7. rentboy

rentboy TRIBE Member

I easily had one of the best times in years...amazing people, deadly music, overall just a wicked vibe...I really needed a night like that...

respect to everyone i knew and met there...the difference between this party and most jungle jams is that this party had zero atttitude and that makes a big difference.

Again, i'm smiling so much right now...wicked night! RyAN Ruckus dropped a great set (especially when he played the J Magik remix of Spaced Invaders) and then John B tore it up big time!

peace
    Chris

8. Moez

Moez TRIBE Member

I think I am in love with these events!
    Drunken debauchery at it's finest, but to some damn wikkid tunes!!!

I DIED when Gabrielle was played, oh shit! So wikkid. The UK Garage was so good, regardless of what many may have thought, I thought I provided a perfect contrast to the breaks, and allowed me to get my good dose of kick ass vocals.

Echo, ilix, RedHat, and McBee have got to be the sexiest individuals ever!!! Echo bustin' out on the dancefloor is such a sexy sight in deed... I love seeing people get lost in the music, and she does this like it's an art...!!! so sweet.

I had an amazing time and I think that DrumMajor is damn wikkid [​IMG]

good times, good friends, good drinks, and good music... a complete night in deed...

'til next time.

9. Moez

Moez TRIBE Member

should read :

I thought IT provided.. not I... [​IMG] silly me!

10. D-Cypher

D-Cypher TRIBE Member

phun phun phun

nice to see all them tribe board hotties (kife and sub.chron. excluded!)....

"I'm flyering in the rain, I'm flyering in the rain, what a glorious feeling..."

11. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

Sometimes I try to be a music snob and it just doesn't work. [​IMG]

That was good drunken times on Friday evening. Congrats to the Vital crew on another job well done.

Pr0n, I know for sure that I met you, but honestly I can't be sure if I met any other TBK for the first time that night... damn.

Pete

12. echo

echo TRIBE Member

Awwww...thanks hun!! *blush* That is so sweet of you to say [​IMG] I had such a wicked time on friday nite...gotta love them breaks....and UKgarage!!!

So many familiar faces...and so many new ones to add to the ever growing circle!!!!

To the vital crew...once again you guys outdid yourselves this week end....such good times....I just cant wait for more [​IMG] [​IMG]

xo
    echo [​IMG]

13. mcbee

mcbee TRIBE Member

its taken me till now to find enough brain power to write some proper reviews of this weekend of Vital Debauchery!!

what can i say that hasn't already been said? yet another drunken, fun filled nite at the bside with a collection of fabulous friends [​IMG] [​IMG]

friday was no exception! throw in a little afternoon celebration for 420 and combine that with a red wine/ beer filled nite = another drunken vital party!

thank you so much to everyone that made it out! it constantly amazes me how many fun, interesting adn diverse people that are involved in this community. i'm feel pretty lucky to get to spend so much time with you guys!

musically, friday nite was awesome. my late arrival meant i missed some of my beloved breaks but thats okay. the ukg sets of divy, marcus and sassalee certainly made up for it! i thougt the break/ukg combo was perfect!! thanks to the backup crew for introducing ukg to alot of new fans i think!!

to all the tbk members out - you guys make me smile [​IMG] nice to have echo, bmd, littlest hobo, kife, ilix, moez, subsonic chronic, redhat30, funknstyle, dawn and booty bits out.

shawn - yet another successful nite. you do such a good job and i'm so happy to help you. friday afternoon, nite and early morning....all made me laugh!! thanks for the fun.

[​IMG]sarah
    p.s. pictures to come soon [​IMG]
    p.p.s jonny - i did not knock you over. you just couldn't support me. and frankly, straddling you on the floor is a way more fun way to say good bye than just a simple hug [​IMG]

14. bmd

bmd TRIBE Member

^^^^ WORD to that!

Friday night was a fun, drunken good time with some pretty cool people! 420 was a good day.

Props go out to the people who put this together...always a classy event!

Looking forward to the next one!

Bruno [​IMG]

15. judge wopner

BACKUP Productions is on a killing spree!!
    look out for some more UKG/2-step events in the future if all goes well...

16. funkNstyle

funkNstyle TRIBE Member

pictures!?!?! thats evidence that i was smashed!! uh-oh.... [​IMG]

And i must admitt that it was quite the treat to have the one and only "cindy lou" sraddling me on the floor, and yes i'd have to agree and say it was definently alot more...ummm....interesting [​IMG] then a simple hug. hahaha

can't wait till the next vital party!!
    for more than one reason [​IMG]

Jonny w

17. Respect

Respect TRIBE Member

Anyone know how these guys did? I had an extremely good time at this, and I'd like to see more events with this mix o music...

18. funkNstyle

funkNstyle TRIBE Member

they did quite well actually, as for more of these types of party's, they(vital) throw's them every month. watch for the next one and come check it.

Jonny w

19. CC

CC TRIBE Member

PLEASE REMEMBER: that this was a Backup Production event as well. I know that many of our friends kinda missed out on that fact, quoting this as a Vital event. Backup did a terrific job and I think that there is a definite need for another joint venture.

CC

20. CC

CC TRIBE Member

mmmm.... uk garage... mmmmmmm...... so sweet.

CC <- forgot to mention that above.

21. judge wopner

thx buddy, yeah The BACKUP ran the show with the help of VITAL, it wouldnt have happened without them for sure...

theres some deliberations currently happening in within the BACKUP right now for the next jam, possibly end of may,
    what do y'all think, are you feeling it for some more UK garage and 2-step??

22. mcbee

mcbee TRIBE Member

do it!!! since last friday i have been listening to ukg constantly (courtesy to a few select cds shawn left at my house [​IMG]) and I LOVE IT!!

i think you guys turned alot of people onto the sweet sexiness of ukg last week! well done....

[​IMG]sarah

23. Littlest Hobo

Littlest Hobo TRIBE Member

I had a great time at this party until I passed, er, fell asleep standing up. It was nice meeting TBK people (Mcbee springs to mind - I know I met more of you than I remember). Drunkdrunkdrunk...

Vice

24. CC

CC TRIBE Member

next party will be up on the board soon. i'm slow getting the flyers designed; so busy lately.

line up is almost the exact same as it was on st.patty's day, minus one change. that combo worked so well, and i'm looking forawrd to may.

next date: sat, may 26th (the weekend AFTER the long weekend)

CC