Vestax 275

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by dj Red Turtle, Jan 21, 2002.

1. dj Red Turtle

dj Red Turtle TRIBE Promoter

I tried out this mixer at my friends house. It felt pretty solid. Sound was ok. Anyways, any opinions on this one?

2. beaker

beaker TRIBE Member

i know two people who own it and both of theirs are broken or have been broken. one of them broke within 4 months of him buying it.

3. Lexicon

Lexicon TRIBE Member

hmmmmm funny u asked, I was trying it out at my friend's place last weekend, wasn't too bad of a mixer....

By any chance, your name is Kevin, Red Turtle?

4. beaker

beaker TRIBE Member

actually i think they both had the 270 so maybe the 275 has better parts?

5. quantumdj

quantumdj TRIBE Member

I own one. I find it a very reliable, solid mixer. I hear a lot of rumours about problems, but I havent had a single one. Its great if you're experimenting with three decks, if I wasnt I would have bought a Red Infader, but i'm very satisfied with it.

6. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

<hug djm500>
    Haven't tried that Vestax, but most of the others I have tried are pretty decent mixers.
    But most decent Vestax I speak of start at $500 and go up over $1500.

pr0nstar [​IMG]

7. RJ45

RJ45 TRIBE Member

That's bad right?

8. beaker

beaker TRIBE Member

in both instances, i recommended the water and rocks method.

9. quantumdj

quantumdj TRIBE Member

The 270 is a rip off. The 275 has good parts. What I heard is that the 17a was just a cheap version of the 27a, designed for an entry level market. They didnt expect that the 17a would be the more popular one, although it cost half as much. So to sell the 27a, they had to cut its $1100+ price tag. Solution: the 270, a 27a on the outside, but a 17a on the inside. Big mistake. The 270 was a shitty mixer. So their next solution was to redo the 27a, but introduce more a efficient manufacturing process to cut the costs, to make the 275.

Now I could be wrong, because the person who told me this was trying to sell one. Nonetheless, I have had no problems.

alphastate~

10. tommysmalls

tommysmalls TRIBE Member

i've had the 275 for 2+ months and i love it....the crossfader has been tested to withstand over 1 million slides...apparently the channel faders are what goes first, so you gotta be gentle with em.

for $700, you get what you pay for - a good medium quality mixer that feels great to use

cheers,
    tommy

11. dj Red Turtle

Yes it is. Whos this?

12. Lexicon

Lexicon TRIBE Member

It's Aaron here.
    I was at a friend's (Alan) place somewhere at Richmond Hill last friday, and I just thought you might be the Kevin I met there.....

13. dj Red Turtle

Hey Aaron , whats up. Whatcha guys doing this Friday. Up for another session? One more thing.... whens your show? You can email me at kyu@mpathix.com

14. Lexicon

Lexicon TRIBE Member

haha.. okay, Kev, I'll hit you up with an e-mail later this evening about the show.
    It'll be on friday, I'll provide you with more info on that....

Not sure if there'll be any session this week, I'll let u know if anything comes up.

cheers.

15. quantumdj

quantumdj TRIBE Member

Fortunately, they are replaceable, just like a crossfader. The entire top panel comes off, and voila, replaceable components.

16. dj Red Turtle

Sounds good Aaron. Talk to you soon. Lates.

17. Gunark

Gunark TRIBE Member

The PMC 270 is the shitty cheap one. The PCV 275 is nice and solid (it better be cuz I own one [​IMG]

My only complaint about this mixer is the lack of a cue fader. Split cue is kind of gay.

But other than that I can't say enough good things about it. The whole thing just screams quality.

18. Gunark

Gunark TRIBE Member

Uh yeah. I promise to read the whole thread before posting next time.

19. Guest

Guest Guest

I think I'm going to buy one of these.

20. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

My cross fader blew after just two months of use...and I hardly ever use a cross fader to begin with.

Just a warning, it's still a sweet mixer.

21. Jeremy Jive

Jeremy Jive TRIBE Member

I like the Vestax R-1. It was a great mixer for a great price.

jeremy -it was free- jive

22. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

ROOFLES!

23. dj Red Turtle

Not saving up for the pioneer anymore?

24. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm going to get something high end a little down the line, maybe even a 600 or a rane but right now I have a party to pay for and can't afford it. [​IMG]

25. Kalemic

Kalemic TRIBE Promoter

I own the "inferior" 270a but still really like it and have had no problems at all so far. So I can only assume that the 275 is that and better.

Now MY STUPID ROOMATE just came home with a Allen & Heath Xone:62 and I have been playing with it for the last hour and a half...

OH. MY. GOD.

Like I said I like my mixer but if you can hold back and save your money... GET THE XONE:62!!!! God I'm in love with it and may have to hurt my roomate to get it, the sound quality is phenominal!!