1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

VANILLA Coca-cola ?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by TheLiquidFairy, Apr 2, 2002.

1. TheLiquidFairy

TheLiquidFairy TRIBE Member

I hope this isn't a double post but I just had to post this.

Any Coca-cola lovers with an open mind?
    ---------
    Vanilla Coca-Cola may be in works
    By Justin Bachman
    The Associated Press

ATLANTA -- Coca-Cola is reportedly developing a vanilla-flavored version of its best-selling flagship cola, extending the company's palette of flavorings from Cherry Coke and Diet Coke with lemon.

The nation's largest soft drink company has prepared samples of packaging for the new drink, which will be sold initially only in North America, according to Beverage Digest, which reported on the vanilla flavor's pending introduction in its current issue.

Coke officials declined to comment on the report.

"It is not yet an absolute certainty, but I think it's very likely that they'll launch a line extension of Coke Classic," Beverage Digest editor John Sicher said Monday. "It's become very clear in the last year or two that new products and innovation are an important component of marketing and drives growth."

The magazine first reported on the vanilla Coke research in November.

Coca-Cola Classic remained the nation's top-selling soft drink last year, even though its sales fell by 2 percent, according to recent market research.

Analysts said Coke likely hopes to emulate the success of rival Pepsi-Cola Co., which has seen sales soar for Code Red, a red version introduced in May 2001 of its highly caffeinated Mountain Dew.

"Growth has mitigated to a large extent, and the Coca-Cola's and Pepsi's of the world need to look at various innovative products," said Skip Carpenter with Thomas Weisel Partners LLC. "They're really trying to leverage trademarks."

Regardless of how it might taste, vanilla offers Coke Classic something its managers have been hunting fervently the past few years -- buzz.

"I think they are excited about the prospect of adding some news to their flagship brand," said Marc Cohen, a beverage analyst with Goldman Sachs. "When you think about other beverage products ... the No. 1 flavor added to products is cherry. No. 2 is vanilla."

But don't expect to see vanilla Pepsi anytime soon.

"It's not something we're looking at," said spokesman Larry Jabbonsky of Purchase, N.Y.-based Pepsi. "We think it's a bit vanilla."

XXX
    Marian
    :p

2. Cameron

Cameron TRIBE Member

Vanilla cola rules!

I say bring on the vanilla coke.

3. swenard

swenard TRIBE Member

Vanilla cola is awesome!!!!!!!!!

My favorite!

4. Psyklone

Psyklone TRIBE Promoter

[mrburns]Excellent.[/mrburns]

Capital idea! Let them implement this genial process, post haste.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I think this will be another Crystal Pepsi fiasco.

6. poker face

poker face TRIBE Member

7. TheLiquidFairy

TheLiquidFairy TRIBE Member

BRING BACK CRYSTAL PEPSI!!! But in Coca-cola form...

XXX
    Marian
    :p

8. fuzzy

fuzzy TRIBE Member

MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmm

I had my parents looking for this when they were in South Carolina. I thought it already exsisted

Richard

9. Guest

Guest Guest

White coke?

Sounds suspiciously suspicious.

10. Plato

Plato TRIBE Member

why not add cream soda to their product line??

the CLEAR cream soda.
    if anyone has ever tasted the clear one and compared it to the crappy north american pink one they will know the clear one is far superior!!!

plus i think strawberry soda would be good up here too.

mmmmm strawberry :)

p[l]a+0

11. SpazGirl

SpazGirl TRIBE Member

I would love to try Vanilla Coke .
    Pepsi said they were not interested - whatever! Monkey see, monkey do - Coke & Pepsi both have lemon now.

Plato - Yay to clear cream soda - I can taste it now....

Damn first the ice cream thread & now I'm craving cream soda - If someone starts talking about steaks - I'm gonna have a craving breakdown.

SpazGirl

12. SUNKIST

SUNKIST TRIBE Member

before they go mkaing a new cola they should abolish the disaster that is diet coke with lemon. that stuff is fucking disgusting.

13. Libradragon

Libradragon TRIBE Promoter

slogan: just snort it.

14. Cheeka

Cheeka TRIBE Member

^^^ crack head

15. futronic

futronic TRIBE Member

If you want vanilla flavoured coke, just do it right and order a Vanilla Stoli and coke.

-- Jay aka Fut

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Takes one to know one?

17. Cri

Cri TRIBE Member

Vanilla coke is SOOO good!!!!

I barely ever drink pop so I don't know if I would buy it..but it definetley is tasty. :p

18. Libradragon

Libradragon TRIBE Promoter

19. Cheeka

Cheeka TRIBE Member

^^^ haha naom's - is that for you?

20. Guest

Guest Guest

It's a little bit granular. Might wanna press it up a bit.

21. Guest

Guest Guest

One for you:

One for me:

22. Cheeka

Cheeka TRIBE Member

bout time... and bring your own beer for fack sakes :p

23. Guest

Guest Guest

I didn't know I'd be so thirsty! (everytime)

24. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

tearer, libradragon and cheeka are all cokeheads! HAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAA HAH ahhhh *snort*

25. SUNKIST

SUNKIST TRIBE Member

haha thanks for clearing that up jay. you know, for everyone who is incapable of reading. :p :)