universal metropolis

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by matty, Feb 13, 2002.

1. Klubmasta Will

Klubmasta Will TRIBE Member

despite all their shit-talking, threats and insane hatred of me, i actually hope they're doing alright.

2. choko

choko TRIBE Member

me too, will.

3. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

Worry not.

Well last I heard, when I met up with Drew (DaWerd) in Montreal at a gig last month, his roomate hung out with SEA and says he's doing OK, he's still with Jess (Chica) and they are up to the same old stuff but planning a serious return, knowing where they went wrong, and somewhat aware of what bridges they burned over the last few years.

-OTIS

4. green_souljah

green_souljah TRIBE Member

Oh man..the memories.

I had fun at a couple of the UM parties, I met some cool people and drank lots of Rev.

But Sea thought that he was some kind of Charlie Manson of the rave scene....and one day he snapped and started accusing a lot of people of a lot of different sorts of shenanigens, until he had all of three people posting on his message board.
    I dont think he liked me after one night I told him staright out.

"Dude...I dont hate anybody until they piss me off, and noone on your so called "hit list" has done anything bad to me whatsoever"

Im surprised that Jess hasnt snapped out of his spell yet to be quite honest.

Sea needs some medication.

Cool thread by the way.

And Zerog is correct.....Da Werd is the Godfather of message board drama!

5. MartyMcFly

MartyMcFly TRIBE Promoter

...........I dont know about any lying
    dj madame mercury was flown here.
    so if some still think it was a joke/lie... it wasnt a cheap one.
    I acted as her "booking agent"
    and from what i remember she got the deposit (etc)

the thing I remember the most about scum
    was the idea to book every local dj...
    EVERY LOCAL DJ!!!
    I think it could have been the coolest thing... had it happened.

Marty

6. Klubmasta Will

i don't think their 3-day event originated as a scam. that would have been ridiculous.

i DO think they bit off WAY more than they could chew though. they made promises they could not possibly keep, they allowed personal vendettas against certain people to compromise their *cough* professionalism, they made enemies with anyone and everyone who questioned them (including the few fans they had at one point), they could not resist filling their website with slander and idiotic stuff like "dj so-and-so has backed out of the event, don't worry though, we'll get him" and "alexd has banned us from tribe, but that's ok, because we have a special surprise for him", etc. etc. etc.

they issued so many violent threats before the iDance Rally that high profiles assigned a personal security guard to shadow me for the entire day. (i kid you not.)

by the time their party date rolled around, they had sold probably less than 20 tickets and about 90% of their djs had already decided not to go.

then, instead of sucking it up and apologizing, they had the nerve to lie to their few remaining fans by pretending that some imaginary police group called the "drug squad" had shut their party down and that, obviously, one of their "enemies" must have sabotaged the party because they could not handle the competition.

am i leaving anything out??? :p

anyway, i normally try to refrain from posting gossipy shit like this (you know the saying: "great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people"), but oh well.

like i said earlier, all of that is in the past. i hold no grudges. if i ever saw chica again, i'd say hello. i'd even buy her a drink (but i'd probably end up wearing it). :)

7. graham

graham Well-Known Member

Will, I don't think Sea was lying about the police and sabotage (at least in the malicious way). He invented it, but I think he actually believed it. He suffers from heavy paranoia, a nice guy but a total schizoid. Everyone I know that's spent time around him has seen it, he really thinks people are out to get him.

8. Jeffsus

Jeffsus TRIBE Member

Ninja Navdeep

Does anyone remember... or is anyone present....

Ninja Navdeep?

-jM

9. Klubmasta Will

really? that must be a pretty heavy-duty mental illness then.

i've never met the guy. all i have to judge him by is a bunch of emails from him telling me that one day when i come home from work, he'll be hiding in the shadows with a baseball bat. ;)

oh well. if he is genuinely sick in the head, then i truly hope he gets the help he needs one day.

10. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

I tried to register on UM, but I never got approved - I think it was because of my relationship with Lair Driver on Hulla...I really just wanted to see all the drama that I knew was going on in there!

11. graham

graham Well-Known Member

yeah, baseball bats are pretty irrational, and not very cool. I don't know how heavy-duty he is, he's normal to talk to, and funny, but it's totally there, and uncomfortable. OTIS can probably speak to it, he and Sea had a sudden falling out.

12. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

Yea I concur, his heavy paranoia would be so overwhelming he would lock himself in his apt getting heavily freaked out at any new IP on his board.. it got to be too much so I cut off ties with him. He mailbombed me a while back out of the blue.. I wonder what his motives where since I hadn't talked/seen him for at least 8 months.

I know that he did have the best of intentions for S.C.U.M. and it was his original idea to just throw a larger scale Bday party for himself, and have some of the bigger local DJ's play, when he approached some of them, they liked the idea and encouraged him to make it a larger scale event, possibly a 3-day, and they promised their support. I don't know the exact point where all that went wrong, and I know mr. Ditto Much had something to do with their demise, but I attribute the whole fiasco to bad tact used on both sides of the fence.

-OTIS

13. Rosey

Rosey TRIBE Member

does anybody want to explain a little more of this to the vast majority of us who have little or no idea what the heel your are talking about?

in 100 words or less.

14. Hal-9000

Hal-9000 TRIBE Member

I talked to him on ICQ once, he was convinced I was spy for Lifeforce.

15. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

Rosey, it's kinda hard to give a chronology of events cuz alot of it is kinda subjective depending on who you talk to.

But one of the funniest things I remember him doing was transforming a portion of his message board to look exacly like the Hullaboard, logos, icons & everything.

He then created a slew of aliases of people who were on the HB at the time and bounced typical hulla rhetoric back and forth between them. More & more people joined in and suddenly you didn't know who was real and who was a multiple alias.

It ws just soo funny to lurk & read

If they had that shit on archive.. it would be funny to read it now that all the UM shit has blown over.

16. mcbee

mcbee TRIBE Member

he asked me out on a date over email once.
    it freaked me out and i started ignoring his email.s

:)sarah

17. Klubmasta Will

*lol* i would LOVE to see those old messages. :)

every so often, naomi or meghin or someone would call or email me to tell me about something *scandalous* on the UM board that i just HAD to see. i would constantly get emails telling me that i had to "defend my honour" or something.

i could not BELIEVE that anyone would go through so much time and effort impersonating and mocking such an unassuming cast of characters.

i used to just think he was a class-a loser. if he is, in fact, mentally-ill, though, then i genuinely feel sympathy for him.

anyway, that's enough outta me on this topic. :)

18. AdRiaN

AdRiaN TRIBE Member

Now THAT is some oldskool bulletin board mayhem! K-W style!

Ahhh ... the memories. If only my 2400 baud modem could talk, the stories it could tell. :)

----------------
    AdRiaN

19. Ditto Much

Ditto Much TRIBE Member

Care to describe what I did?

No seriously point form if you'd like. I called the man a liar, I called the man a liar for not having a venue. I called the man a liar for not having a sound system. I called the man a liar for trash talking people I knew personally with total utter shit. The man was a habitual liar and I called him on it. I can be called an asshole for calling the mans bluff but welcome to the game.

But I would love to know what I did. I would love to know what actions other than calling the man a liar publicly I took against him.

I don't like him, but I offered to settle our disagreement with a boxing match. To this day if he wants satisfaction I offer him a boxing match. For the rest I'm sorry the dude is a paranoid liar and a bragger.

Are you sure what "I did" isn't just what a liar is saying I did?

20. Jennika

Jennika TRIBE Member

I went out for drinks with them once, I was just curious after following all the hoopla on UM and here and we had chatted a bit on the UM board.
    They seemed alright, though once they got really drunk and they freaked me out a bit. Sea seemed really beligerant to Jess, kept patronizing her and made reference to me aobut her being mentally unstable. It was kinda strange...

Wow, all these posts bring back memories though...

it was the ultimate drama!

21. Tyler

Tyler TRIBE Member

Doh ! I have to fire you now Hal. Now that you've gone and blown your cover.

;)

22. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

Dude, first off, chill out.

I only felt comfortable saying you were responsable for some of his trouble because YOU TOLD ME THAT, remember it was one friday night at AREA 51 last year, you were borderline bragging about it.

You said he did nothing to you personally, you just made sure to make it harder for him because you were certain it was NOT going to happen.

SEA would always argue that you were interested in his GF once, you were jealous of him because of it and that was your motivation.

I say who cares.

Jeff.. don't turn this into a flaming war cuz I don't want to end up having to defend SEA, cuz he doesn't deserve it, so remember it was 2 years ago.

23. afterglow

afterglow TRIBE Member

Their webpage demised back in the day because of someone w hom I know who got into their domain and 'had some fun'.

Sea also drove Blue Genesis insane with his constant bitching about their services and etc. He was also charged with threatening a friend of mine who works there.

Afterwards there was something about them being is Australia and now Montreal.

That's what happened, I'm pretty sure.

24. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

And all that stuff about you knowing he had no venue is wrong.

I know because I'm the one who drove him around cambridge all weekend scoping out venues, distributing flyers, and almost getting stung by a bee in the car.

I remember which venue he picked.. it was good & suitable and he layed down a deposit, letting the people of the property know that it was going to be a pretty loud party, but there will be adequate security.

As soon as the info of the venue was released, an anonymous someone called the venue up and said the party to take place was a drug party run by bikers.

The venue pulled out, and down it went.

He wasnt the most organized fellow, but knowing what he was going through, I can assure you.. if so many roadbocks weren't placed in his way (some of them were his fault no doubt), he would have pulled it off.

25. KiFe

KiFe TRIBE Member

hello,

im just here to bring down the rating in this thread.

[​IMG]