turntable help

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by andrew72, Mar 4, 2002.

1. andrew72

andrew72 TRIBE Member

Hi Everyone

I am quite excited because I will be purchaseing my first set of turntables within the next two weeks. However I may need financing as I only have 1300 saved for the purchase. Anyone know of a place in TO that will finace them to me

thnaks everyone :)

2. Mr_Furious

Mr_Furious TRIBE Member

3. poker face

poker face TRIBE Member

Too bad if I would have known you better I could have sold you a pair of used ones.

lee <--- just sold a pair of 12's with cartriges for $800 yesterday!

4. Mr_Furious

Mr_Furious TRIBE Member

you fucker!

5. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

Bitch!!!

I'm desperatly trying to find a cheap set of Turntables and a cheap ass mixer...

6. Adam Duke

Adam Duke TRIBE Member

dude - go to Long & McQuade (on Bloor, west of Ossington).
    they have always been very helpful and supportive of me giving them my money.

;)

@m.

7. Mr_Furious

Mr_Furious TRIBE Member

I have a cheap-ass mixer ;)

its a Gemini :D

8. andrew72

andrew72 TRIBE Member

thanks

800 bucks, DAMN! I would have scooped them up..

9. poker face

poker face TRIBE Member

Am you still have that numark for sale don't ya?

10. *tranner*

*tranner* TRIBE Member

800 each or for the whole package? I guess it doesn't matter now that they're sold.

11. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

I almost bought that Numark DJ-In-a-Box for like 900, Two turntables and mixer... oh well.

12. Eclipze

Eclipze TRIBE Member

honestly dude..go by the pawn shops on church..i saw a mint pair in their not to long ago for 1000 with needles....(i was in their selling my motorcycle helmet) ahem..hah..
    -E

13. poker face

poker face TRIBE Member

and you should be glad that you didn't!

14. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

I dont think i'd matter too much. although this'll get me flamed for life, I've probably touched a record player about 5 times in my boring life... My skilles are not even CLOSE to Beginner levels!!

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Dude if you already have 1300 saved why not just save a couple more hundred dollars and avoid having to pay the interest on financing? It really doesn't make any sense at all to finance them when you have that much cash already.

if you walk into most stores and plop the money down on the counter they'll sell them to you at a lower price. If they won't, say okay cool, I'dd go to this other store than, they said they'd do it for $10 more than I offered you, and walk out.

16. Stormshadow

Stormshadow TRIBE Member

On the note of this thread, where's the cheapest place to get a Tech 12 in southern Ontario?
    It's been answered many times, but I wasn't paying attention before.
    I just need 1 turntable.

17. Guest

Guest Guest

I know someone who got one from play de for $700 flat.
    it was boxing day though.....

I paid $580 each(new) for my M3D's, but you need to have a membership at the place where I got them, and that runs you a couple of g's.

18. DJAlchemy

DJAlchemy TRIBE Promoter

^ I bought mine from apex sound (in Pickering) for $679 brand new. Not sure if they still sell fort hat though cause it was a few years ago..

Peace & love. D
    www.2ammusic.com

19. dj Red Turtle

dj Red Turtle TRIBE Promoter

On ebay you can usually get some decent deals. On new and used techs. Thats where I got mine. 1200 for 3 months old techs (one mk2 and 1 m3d). The guy that I bought it from lived in Richmond Hill so i didn't even have to pay for shipping.

20. Stormshadow

Stormshadow TRIBE Member

Are you a Stonecutter?

21. raaven

raaven TRIBE Member

i'll sell you my numark dm 2002x with a chrome faceplate for real cheap. it works great, it's just been sitting under my bed sept. and i think it's about time i got rid of it

email me

dj@raaven.com

22. halo five

halo five TRIBE Member

If yer still looking for cheap decks I got a pair of Numark Pro-TT 1's for sale, with (mint) flight case. I used them for about a year and a half, they've never left my bedroom. Not as much torque as techs, but they've got 78rpm as well as reverse mode (fun for techno :)

Say 750 for the pair, 850 with the flight case.

Also have a Numark 1001x mixer (nothing fancy I admit, but it has cuts, and does the job) that can be worked into the deal.

hit me up at bakerwj@mcmaster.ca if you're interested, I'm in Toronto, and Hamilton some weekends.

23. xtcfreak

xtcfreak TRIBE Member

i know a place that sells them for 685. If you want the # plop me a icq msg

Jay

24. G-FrEsH

G-FrEsH TRIBE Promoter

Long & Mcquade allows you to do payments.
    Thats where i got my dex.

DAve....