Tribe people

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by vench, Mar 9, 2002.

1. vench

vench TRIBE Promoter

I guess I never took into account the "deejays" who post here, in this forum or in the others. So, I guess I have met some Tribe people, but the ones I am referring to are the indiviuals who post in The General Forum.

I remembered!

vench

2. Stormshadow

Stormshadow TRIBE Member

Suke, front row @ Weaver, many moons ago.

3. Stormshadow

Stormshadow TRIBE Member

We met even before that...at Industry, yO.

4. Preroller

Preroller TRIBE Member

having trouble remembering

Hmmm, I think that I was a lurker for quite a while, but I think the first time I can remember meeting people on Tribe was at the Spaced Invader Hullaballoo. I think some of the people I met included Ms. Fit, E-Riot, Moez, SUNKIST, KiFe.

I usually do something with a fellow TBK'r every couple of weeks or so, and frequently run into them at parties. Everyone I have met has been really cool. There's bound to be something for everybody!

Dave

5. BigBadBaldy

BigBadBaldy TRIBE Member

I only "came out" recently after posting for a while. I'd seen "tribers" at parties all over the place (identified by the pic-threads) but never really felt like approaching anyone.

One night at Element I saw @m and chatted with him for a while. It was a positive first experience. I then briefly met Booty Bits at a Scratch Free/Promise party. I have since (mostly through @m..) been introduced to MANY of you and have found the results encouraging.

BBB.

"..and have found the results encouraging."

Thank you, Lt. Cmdr Data.

6. air-bag

air-bag TRIBE Member

hey BBB where do u usually hang out @?
    u seem like a wikkid person

7. Fir3start3r

Fir3start3r TRIBE Member

Who?
    Chear Bear
    Where?
    State01 back in Nov.

Haven't met anyone else though...

8. BigBadBaldy

BigBadBaldy TRIBE Member

Thanks.. I kind of just go where the music's at, if you know what I mean. Lately I've been digging Thursdays at Element, though. It's nice to have a weekly you can call your own.

BBB.

BBBlushing.

9. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

I first met about 30 tribers at teh TBK lunch at The City Grill.

And that's my story.

Ming.

10. Stormshadow

Stormshadow TRIBE Member

Awwww, love is in the air!

11. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

I would like to rectify my previous statement, please.

The first Triber I met was Natalie (pyrovitae).

We did lunch. She was a bored corporate whore. I was eager. ;)

And that's my story.

Ming. <----feels like a dumbass.

Sorry Nat. I am a dumbass. But in retrospect, I never thanked you for extending that kindness. :)

12. Zer0G

Zer0G Well-Known Member

pants remove post junkie

13. *tranner*

*tranner* TRIBE Member

The first tribe peeps I met were E-Riot and True Blue Jungle GI last year Feb, but totally out of the normal party context. I recognized them at work (from the picture threads) and then introduced myself on the board. I then met Cheer Bear at Destiny 37, and Sunkist again out of context last September. Oh, and Deep and Mingster at State. That's it!

I'm a loner when I go out. Back in my highschool days, I didn't know anybody that was into the music I liked, so it was just me and my fake ID, and I got really used to partying on my own. There are lots of times where everywhere I look I can see people from Tribe, but I keep to myself. I've been on here long enough to know that a lot of you are nice, interesting people, but I'm not really one for change. I go for the music, and I can get all the enjoyment I want from a night's out without even saying a word.

Oh, and I think the core group of Tribe friends is really one big crazy cult that I don't want to be inducted into. ;)

14. air-bag

air-bag TRIBE Member

I hope a toyota matrix runs over your screen.. :p
    a real one thou.

:)

15. Pyrovitae

Pyrovitae TRIBE Member

aw, no worries mel. 'twas a fun lunch and i remember how you were scared of internet people.;)

after 3+ years on hulla, bein' a semi-lurker on awc, 2+ years on tribe, the bsm mailing list, all the cool acqaintances and some really good friends i've met through this medium...i can't remember who i *first* met. among them would probably be subsonic chronic, klubmasta will, jellibeen, cheerbear, silver1...but they weren't classified as "tribers" at the time.;)

i don't see a lot of people regularly, because honestly...loud music and clubs aren't so much my thing...i'm getting old...most of the time i'd rather go for a cup of coffee and have a good conversation. there are some tho, that understand and accomodate that...and of course i use bb's to mouth off on a regular basis.

*tranner*: i liked your post, and i can totally respect where you're coming from.:)

*muah*
    ~N

16. noahmintz

noahmintz Well-Known Member

I don't want to meet any of you ... you all smell and make fun of Mel :(

stu

17. JEMZ

JEMZ TRIBE Member

I knew a ton of people when I first started writing because of such a heavy influence of University of Western Ontario peeps on the board.... then I went to the first Tribe BBQ and the rest was taken care of for me. If you really want to know, the first Triber I met that I hadn't known previously was Sea ironically.

18. choko

choko TRIBE Member

vench, i was probably one of the first you ever met. way back in the electrotech days, which i really miss btw...

19. Cri

Cri TRIBE Member

I first joined the board about two weeks before the TRIBE BBQ at my house in 2000 :) Soundstream introduced me to a bunch of strangers that came over to my house ;)

...and the rest is history :) Including my very best boyfriend :D

20. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

I honestly have no clue who the first people I met from the board are... but I've met a lot over the years...

pr0nstar

21. CC

CC TRIBE Member

my first was mcbee.... although i wasn't on the board yet.... couldn't think of a better person to be my first person to know from the board. meeting place: moonshine over canada.

Shawn

22. smile

smile Well-Known Member

i chill with sauce and AVE a lot (i've known sauce for a long time) and i've known kate for a while, but since i don't really party or club as much as i used to, it's been a challenge for me to meet anyone from on here. i've met fattyp a few times, and i know both of the Jeremys (although i'm pretty sure Jeremy Jive doesn't remember me, the bastard :p)

i tried once to organize a tribe-oriented party (remember "operation enduring session"?) but it fell through, although i'd like to do it again!

23. ~Loress~

~Loress~ TRIBE Member

I was at the 2000 TRIBE BBQ! Technically I wasn't a member yet (lurker still), however my brother "EclipZe" was and asked me if i wanted to tag along. I didn't know anyone, yet EVERYONE was trying to push me into the goddamn pool! :( I was like "you cant push me in, i dont even know any of you!" *lol* :)

~Lori

24. vench

vench TRIBE Promoter

Re: Re: Tribe people

you are correct sir. And yes, I do miss the Electrotech days - bringing the people beautiful techno and house every Wednesday night.

How are things choko? Going well? I still have one of the cd's you gave to Nat and I - he used to rhyme to it all the time - I really like it.

two and counting.....

vench

25. PosTMOd

PosTMOd Well-Known Member

Met my woman, allison (sugar)... in one week it'll be two years...

Since then, I've met so many of "them", and lemme tell ya: not a disappointment in the whole bunch.

Feeling PLURry.