Traxx Closed!!!

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Mike Richards, Jan 17, 2002.

1. willis

willis TRIBE Member

that place was close to my house, it doest suprise me, Ive been there once and none of the djs in the area shopped there.

2. stargurl*

stargurl* TRIBE Member

Where? I've been hiding out on Wood st. for a while

3. whitelabel_tm

whitelabel_tm TRIBE Member

kyfe,

their website is: http://www.djdepotonline.com

last time i checked, the site wasn't up...
    by try again...
    If anyone decides to go down there, ask for my boy Malique or Chester (the owner)...

Peace

MiGzzz

4. Mr_Furious

Mr_Furious TRIBE Member

the website is really ghetto. Very inconclusive.

You should check out www.djdepot.com It's us a US based company so if you want anything you'll have to order it, but the prices aren't too bad even with the currency exchange.

5. xtcfreak

xtcfreak TRIBE Member

Umm.. i bought a mixer from there. Does anyone know the warranty works if the store i bought it from is closed? Hopefully I don't run into that situation!

Jay

6. *SiLver*RoBoT*

*SiLver*RoBoT* TRIBE Member

Raul as in dj morse code?

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

7. patri©k

patri©k TRIBE Member

Everybody who is dissing Traxx.... eat a dick ! Sure they may not compare to the other stores nowadays but as someone else said... those guys have helped this TORONTO scene become what it is !

Even for yeeeeeeaaaaaaarrsss before it was Traxx... I used to skip school in grade 9 & 10.. take the bus all the way downtown from east scarborough every thursday just so I could go to 'Starsound' and buy records.

So... for those who don't know... Starsound/Traxx and Play de... have played a major role in our scene whether you'd like to agree or not.

Not to mention... they were the first record store to carry rave tickets back in the day... they started that trend. Then X-static started and then Play de.

As for the 'Raul' that everyone is talking about... are you speaking of Raul James, short black dude... music rep for UC Music ?

if so... that guy is one of the coolest cats around... he introduced me to George Centeno & dj Rip.

I hold many fond memories of that record shop. I wish them luck.

fattyp©2002

8. poker face

poker face TRIBE Member

^^^ Very good FattyP

9. Adam Duke

Adam Duke TRIBE Member

Werd to the one that smokes like FATTYP.

@m.

10. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

OMG, I didn't know he was the UC rep... no wonder he would always get me my hard house.

And you met Rip and Centeno, you ass [​IMG] I'm so jealous.

Rip is one of my favorite DJs and producers.

pr0nstar

11. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

Also the first record store in TO I visited was Play De and Eugene sold me the Gangstarr Step in the Arena LP [​IMG]
    That's when I used to spin hip-hop, oh the days of BDK, 3rd Bass, EPMD, etc [​IMG]

pr0nstar

12. D-Monic

D-Monic Well-Known Member

I would think that Traxx's closing is a done deal considering that Peter & Tyrone now work at Eastern Bloc...

13. graham

graham Well-Known Member

the question was why Traxx closed. The answer was being unable to pay rent as a direct result of sucking. I don't see what dick eating has to do with that.

14. Hal-9000

Hal-9000 TRIBE Member

Face down, belly up. Is that how they got sucking?

15. poker face

poker face TRIBE Member

well all the stores have been sucking lately because none of then can have a shipment in on a regular basis!

16. graham

graham Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that's it !

that's a shysmiley quote, btw

17. orange richie

orange richie TRIBE Member

That's to bad... I only shop at a few record shops and that was one of them.

It used to be my favorite place to shop but I needed a better selection so I had to buy from different shops to get the records I needed.

They still had 'house' that I couldn't find anywhere else so that's gonna suck if I can't get it somewhere else.

The crew there were awesome too. I don't know what half you punks are blabing about, but they really helped me out a lot. (finding good tunes and great discounts)

Sad to hear. Will be looking forward to seeing Peter & Tyrone at Eastern Bloc though. D- monic, when do they work?

These last few weeks no record shops have been getting any new material in. What is up wid dat? I've been around to a lot of places and only picked up a few records! Fuckers need to shape up! [​IMG]

Rickardo Belmiro de la Cruz...

18. D-Monic

D-Monic Well-Known Member

The fact is, this is the slow season for music. Most labels save up their new stuff so they can premiere it at Miami, then they start releasing lots of stuff again in the spring. There are still a few new records coming out here and there, but for the most part, it's all restocks of big tunes.

Oh, and Eastern Bloc still gets shipments at least twice a week. Call them to find out more: 416-593-4355

19. eco.R1

eco.R1 TRIBE Member

blame this one on sept 11th. our ordering process at Eastern Bloc is still the same, but the arrival dates for different american distributers has been unusually erratic since sept 11th.

eco.R1 (Craig)

20. eco.R1

eco.R1 TRIBE Member

Who ultimately benefits from this? Anyone who buys records!

21. eco.R1

eco.R1 TRIBE Member

Sometimes thrice a week!