1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Training a cat to poop outside

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by montanamo, Jun 13, 2008.

1. montanamo

montanamo TRIBE Member

So I just bought some electromagnetic cat door so my super furry animals can go in and out when they please. Would be supercool if they started shitting in the neighbours yard or something instead of in my house. Any way to train them to shit outside so I can get rid of their litter box? Do I have to put the litter box outside for a bit? I'd rather find another method cause I don’t really want the neigbours to see that I’m trying to teach my cats to shit on their property.
  2. Boss Hog

Boss Hog TRIBE Member

I would like to know how to put toothpaste back in the tube.
  3. rod_g

rod_g TRIBE Member

I put so much stuff on my cat yesterday, should have taken a picture. There was like 20 baby toys on her... YES THATS AWESOME
  4. Michlerish

Michlerish Well-Known TRIBEr

because re-training your cat, getting yelled at by your neighbours, hiding from your neighbours, and dealing with muddy cat tracks in your house.... is SO MUCH EASIER than scooping the odd turd out of the litterbox everyday.
  5. Caz

Caz TRIBE Member

best ever? I have the hard copy of The Stuff On Cats book.

6. MissBlu

MissBlu TRIBE Member

this thread has reminded me that i need to get litter, for my cat that shits inside.

i would totally come over and shit on your porch montanamo, because this is a dumb idea.
  7. madnezz

madnezz TRIBE Member

Dude, do you really want cat shit all over your (and your neighbour's) backyard?
  8. rod_g

rod_g TRIBE Member

9. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

I wonder if I could train your cat to poop in your mouth?
  10. Caz

Caz TRIBE Member

no, you win.
  11. urbansoul

urbansoul TRIBE Member

a buddy of mine actually trained his cat to shit in the toilet. true story.
    i was so jealous. the only problem is it obviously couldnt flush so you would always discover an unpleasant surprise waiting for you when you went to use the toilet..
  12. Caz

Caz TRIBE Member

Jealous? You aren't toilet trained yet?
  13. urbansoul

urbansoul TRIBE Member

haha.. i have two cats and they shit too much.
  14. joey

joey TRIBE Member

my neighbour gave me a hard time today because my keeps shitting in their garden...

i apologized, then petted my cat
  15. madnezz

madnezz TRIBE Member

I really don't understand what the big deal is about scooping poop out of litter box. It's fun, like archeology.
  16. Boss Hog

Boss Hog TRIBE Member

but instead of dinosaur bones you get turds
  17. madnezz

madnezz TRIBE Member

But I still have hope for a hidden treasure one day!
  18. Flashy_McFlash

Flashy_McFlash Well-Known TRIBEr

I'm so glad I'm not an archaeologist.
  19. madnezz

madnezz TRIBE Member

You could always just get a dog to clean up after your cat.

20. Bacchus

Bacchus TRIBE Promoter

I'm fucking sick of cleaning up liter.

my cat's a fucking slob. I clean out the litter box every 2-3 days, and she still manages to miss it most of the time.

She pisses all over the wall, right beside the box....or will swat her turds on to the floor.

She's like those retarded people who piss all over the toilet seat at work.
  21. kirstenmeows

kirstenmeows TRIBE Member

With four cats, I have three litter boxes to scoop. This lovely job gets done several times a day, but it's worth it as I love my fuzzballs. My two younger guys have discovered a new game.. competitive pooping. One will use the box, and the second will immediately make his own deposit on top of the first. The first kid then returns to the box and poops again. This happens regularly. The only positive I can take out of it is that two kids have now eliminated a day's worth of stinkies in a short amount of time.:p
  22. montanamo

montanamo TRIBE Member

not “so much” easier, but a little
  23. Flashy_McFlash

And your neighbors probably won't notice, or be able to pin it on your cat unless they catch it.

Don't listen to Michlerish, this is a worthy pursuit. Unfortunately I don't know how it's done. Our cat just kinda started going outside on his own.
  24. Metal Morphosis

Metal Morphosis TRIBE Member

you are an irresponsible moron.
    it's because of people like you that i can't even plant my own flower garden.
    pregnancy and neighbourhood cat shit don't mix.
  25. Flashy_McFlash

I thought shit was good for plants? It's natural and things.